Tenergy 05 no spin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hello please I have a question. I used to play with Rosewood NCT V + rasanter r48. When i loop, it had a lot of spin. But I broke my racket and I wanted to try something else. I tested Boll ALC + Tenergy 05. I liked it, so I bought it, but now I find out, that I am not able to generatesame spin in loop as before. NOT EVEN AT ALL.... Loop has good trajectory, is faster maybe, but there is no spin and it is very easy for everyone to block it.
I know, that mistkae is in my hands, but why is it happening? Tenergy should hvae a lot of spin or no?

Thank you very much

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yes, T05 can generate a lot of spin. And that spin is generated a bit more easily than with most other rubbers, including R48 (in my experience).

The TB ALC and T05, furthermore, definitely match very well. What happens if you lock a ball between thumb and index finger, and than gently move it across the rubber surface with light pressure? You should feel the rubber grip the ball firmly, up to the point where even if you squeeze the ball tightly it still rotates or even wrestles itselfs free from your grip because it just won't slip.

Or… you'll feel the ball slide across the surface, in which case there's most definitely something wrong with that sheet of T05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Hi Mart'a It's probably not the Tenergy, but the blade instead: you've switched to a completely different kind of offensive blade that feels probably stiffer than your Rosewood NCT V. I've used the Viscaria (same as TB ALC, only the TB feeling alil' bit stiffer) for some time and it definitely feels way harder, and faster than any kind of 5 plies all wood blades (I've used some Stiga, Donic, Andro and Tibhar all wood blades for some decades). It's a 7 plies, with carbon composite layers that add to that stiffness too.I know rosewood is a hard wood, harder than koto for instance (koto being the outer layer for the Viscaria), but the ALC layers + 7 plies total makes the Viscaria a totally different animal. Everyone here will tell ya the same thing I guess: switching from a 5 ply all wood blade to a carbon 7 ply one is a HUGE gap, it's maybe too much if you're really used to that 5 ply all wood feeling. A Tenergy on the same Rosewood NCT V ( anew one of course) would probably give you the same feeling as your previous setup, the Andro Rasanter 48 and the Tenergy 05 playing nearly the same : all brands that ask ESN to build an offensive rubber have the Tenergy 05 in mind, it's the standard in modern offensive rubber, it's the most popular and the one that has been sold the most to the players.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
The blade being the most important component of a racket, it's both blade and... consequently, technique: if you can't adapt your technique to the blade, go back to a new Rosewood NCT V. As I've said: probably too much gap between those blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019

Yes I agree and this is why I asked, if someone else noticed. The spin is still fast and have any quality, but I was used to, that I my spin 20 - 30 % of blocks goes out of the table, now it is almost zero

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hello thanks. Yes it looks like huge step and maybe i need to adapt technique, but even with my coach I asked him, what I do wrong and he told me, technique is OK and that in my loop is spin, but still I see it is easy for oponent to block.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Hello thanks. Yes it looks like huge step and maybe i need to adapt technique, but even with my coach I asked him, what I do wrong and he told me, technique is OK and that in my loop is spin, but still I see it is easy for oponent to block.

If the Tenergy comes from the brand shop, is therefore... spinny enough + technique is fine, then it's the blade: maybe you don't feel the ball being brushed enough because the TB ALC changes your own sense of touch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
To me a good alternative would be an innerforce butterfly blade, if you really want to play with a butterfly balde, either ALC or ZLC. The women in the France national team that play a spinny game use the Apolonia Innerforce ZLC (Pavade + Chasselin) with limba, softer than (sorry edit) koto, Jia Nan Yuan uses a Viscaria or TB Spirit because her game is more direct, so outer ALC like the TB ALC with koto (short pips on the FH).

Even the boys use Innerforce ZLC blades with limba, like the Lebrun's brothers, to preserve a spinny game.

EDIT: also, the P ball is a terrible ball for spinny games, that's why the new generation players mostly use innerforce blades technologies from various brands (Ovtcharov, Franziska, Ma Long, Moregardh to name a few), those who plays with a Viscaria are mostly the chinese but then the sticky Hurricane III compensates a lot on the FH loops.. The only ones who play really fast blades to me are Timo Boll since he switched last year to a Primorac Carbon (but he's in the veteran age category now), and the young swedish guy Anton Kallberg, an exception in that, but they both have an incredible feeling and ball control to be able to generate spin with those blades. Lin Yun Ju too, quite young, but Harimoto is in the innerforce category, so as you can see the consensus is more in the innerforce technology today.

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
I’m going to be the big old meanie here, and whilst using a faster, carbon blade is going to require a bit of getting used to, there really isn’t much of a technique change needed.

The vast majority of people will look to the equipment as the issue, because it sounds harsh saying “your technique isn’t good enough” - But unless we can see a video, that’s the usual answer.

The other thing to remember is that at most levels, spin is better than speed, and people will be more comfortable blocking a faster loop, than a slow, spinny one!

It is from brand shop. It shouldn´t be. I hope so... and it is spinny,

A blade does NOT effect spin directly only by it's speed. The longer the ball stay on the racket the more spin in possible to generate.
But the spin is up to the rubber to generate. most likely the blade is too fast for You.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
I would guess it's because there's quite a big difference in the way it feels to loop with a carbon blade compared to your allwood blade. That difference may have made you unconsciously change something with your technique. Maybe you're compensating in some way because of this difference.

I know that with an allwood or slower blade I could in the past get away with a very vertical looping motion. Since the contact with an allwood or slower blade will give the ball less forward momentum you can get away with a big upward motion. If you do that same motion with a much faster blade the ball will go out much more. So therefore you might compensate with a slower but still vertical/upward motion and if you do that you'll have less spin + less speed.

The answer is to have an upward + more of a forward motion and you do that with better technique.. I don't think I'll go into those exact details in this post though. You can post a video or have a look at your technique yourself to see if any of this makes sense.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019

Hello thank you. I posted my play in post above. But I am sure I donot play 100 % ok, but what I was cuóurious was, why before had loop much more spin :)

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!

Great video! Looks like a good standard 😃

There are lots of little tweaks you can make, but I think you’ll get used to the T05 and TB ALC combo, and you’ll have more spin as you get used to it.

Because the TB ALC blade doesn’t allow as much time on the rubber (compared to your all wood blade), you’ll need to bear that in mind, and adjust for it (it looks like you have the ability to do so quite easily).

If you can get that part of the game sorted, you’ll have more weapons as the TB ALC will give you more speed, and almost as much spin if you can get it sorted.

But I guess the question is…. Why did you change?

What are you hoping to improve/do better with the new blade and rubbers? 😃

You play very good, most people on this site has no business giving You advice (certainly not me but I will try anyway).
But what I can see (I only watched 1:st set) is that You have good top spin on Your forehands with Your old racket.
And from what I can see there is not much wrong with You technique.

My gut feeling is that You should try a little slower blade. Speed is mostly dependent on blade and
spin is almost only dependent o rubber: But if the blade is way too fast the ball will not stay long enough on the racket
to generate much spin, then it doesn't matter what rubber You are using. BUT if You hit real hard You can force the ball
to stay longer on the racket.

What happens to me when I play with a blade that is too fast I start to overhit (too long), loose confidence and hold back.
This is one of the reasons why when I got a new blade I moved all the way back to MarkV to make sure in case the blade
was too fast.

Cheers
L-zr