Tenergy 05 no spin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Hi, Tenergy 05 should have a lot of spin.

Some blades are better for spin than other blades.
Did coach tried your racket? Maybe you got some very hard and stiff specimen of TB ALC? I tried few such blades and each was different. Or maybe carbon blades don't suit you.
If you could test different blade with your T05 rubbers...

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Ok nice vid indeed ! but... the TB ALC + T05 setup is definitely not for you: you pushes a lot with your backhand, blocking very well with it, and your forehand loop is really spin oriented with an angle that is much more opened than it should be with a fast setup, not a speed oriented forehand so, sometimes your elbow finishes behind your head, means that you forces on the spin instead of brushing lightly with a more closed angle as it should be done with fast rackets, probably because you've been used to slower ones.

It has to do with your footwork first, you're probably too closed to the table, that's why you brush the ball sometimes behind your hips and your elbow finishes up and behind the head. Being too closed to the table with fast rackets and that kind of technique will definitely cause problems, like loops with no spin, no arc (down the net most of the time, as the video shows).

You have to stay at least 1 step further away from the table. This will force you to have a more forward forehand loop technique, a more forward motion all in all with all your body, with a more closed angle for the racket.

example with Pavade brushing the ball on forehand loops vs a japanese defensive player, as I've said before her blade is slower than yours (Apolonia innerforce ZLC) and she's still using Tenergy 05 on both sides. Just after the serve she turns and jumps away from the table to always have a forward motion when executing her strokes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I broke my rosewood (i was a bit angry :D) and I wanted to try something else. I like trying and wanted a bit more speed. And also I red that this is good blade and many attackers play with carbon. Also in big halls on competitions, where speed of the ball is lower and there is nto so much spin, there it is usefull. But mostly I play in small arenas.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019

Thank you for the advice, I was checking the speed of blades and TB ALC should be similar like rosewood according to the numbers". My footwork is sucks, I had some troubles with my health and now I am slow, I hope in some time I will be faster, but still missing the spin now in the racket.
Finishing my elbow behind is one of my big mistakes, but it all starts from being slow... Soyou think that I should try another blade any 5 ply wood?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Well, i experienced something similar, where I literally got more spin with Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza Z, BTY tackiness chop, stiga mantra M, ofc H3Neo, El-p, el-s, mx-p and t64. Most of these are advertised to be a ‘less’ spinny version of T05. Maybe my sheet was just bad or fake though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Great play :) I wonder... I play with similar ALC blades as the TB ALC, but with Chinese rubbers that has harder sponges. Now, some rubbers and blades don't mix so well, but according to a lot of reviews these should work great together. I think your forehand loops have great technique, and perhaps your new blade would work better for you with the Rasanter R48 rubbers on. I believe that the Tenergy 05 is a bouncier rubber, but it also should be able to create superb spin. But if you retain the same strokes, angle and power as with your old bat I don't think that the outcome will be the same as before as both blade and rubbers are new to you.

I would have replaced the rubbers with your old R48's just to see if it feels any closer to what you had, if they are still playable?
Another thought is to look at a bit harder rubbers like T05 Hard or Dignics 05 perhaps that might work better with a stiffer blade, and with thinner sponge like 1.9mm (if you have 2.1mm now) perhaps. But these rubbers aren't cheap, so...

But with that good technique of yours, you could absolutely use Chinese rubbers on forehand. It would work nice with this blade :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Isn't Tenergy an anti-spin rubber ? LOL

Ok just joking. All these expensive and all these so called "grippy" rubbers seem to be only for pro players or amateur players a little above advanced levels with well developed techmiques. I think Sriver one of the best rubbers of all time but for me never had enough spin for me & so I used to use SuperSriver & thne Yasaka DO and TSP 730
But now that lot of cheaper Chinese super spinny rubbers are available that is what I use now. I like Juic Spinspiel but I am cheap & afford to be cheap as I not a good player. These are sticky rubbers & spin from top-sheet than (boosted) sponge. I have Tenergy a chance though I am a little better (still not very good with technique as someone pointed out earlier in ths thread) now as an advanced beginner but it did feel like anti for me (no spin at all) . May be pro players boost or something I do not know. Seems to me that lot more players buy Tenergy more as a status symbol than for functional utility.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
If your footwork isn't spot on for an all out offensive racket, better get a slower blade at least. The numbers between different brands don't say much, there are too much differences between 5 and 7 ply blades, and if you add carbon to that equation, it's almost impossible to compare wisely.

I've been playing a similar game as yours with the old cell ball 38mm, only 5 ply all wood blades, max 7 ply, and never used carbon. When The P ball came in the game, I thought it was mandatory to use carbon blades, so I did like you with the Viscaria, trained a lot with a robot, a coach twice a week (I even loose some weight ! I was quite fit) and it was really exhausting to keep a really attacking game to fit in that visca/T05 setup (yep I've done the same for a month or so).

So I went down to an Innerforce ALC.S, yep quite slow compared to the visca, a Rakza Z in max thickness on forehand (sticky hybrid rubber, very spinny, kind of D09 if you want to compare to a butterfly rubber but less hard), and a Stiga DNA Pro M on backhand, and I then came back to my old style, everything is easier, the loops are not as fast anymore, but they are über spin loaded and I was really disturbing my opponents, better stats, better percentage, sure there are more longer rallies, but it's not exhausting as I'm able to dictate the game as I want now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi everyone thank you for reply. We had our national tournament a day ago. Since t I played about 6 hours with it, but When i used to it, I finally was able to produce even more spin than before. Ad on the tournament I played above my avarage level, so it is good. I think the ocket will be great in the end and when I improve even more srvice/recieve and I get a bit faster, I think I will be there, where I want to be :)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hi everyone thank you for reply. We had our national tournament a day ago. Since t I played about 6 hours with it, but When i used to it, I finally was able to produce even more spin than before. Ad on the tournament I played above my avarage level, so it is good. I think the ocket will be great in the end and when I improve even more srvice/recieve and I get a bit faster, I think I will be there, where I want to be :)

Brilliant ! TTD in action with great success.
Looks like you simply needed more time to adapt to your new weapon.
I seem to remember reading a comment somewhere that it took Mattias Falck nearly 2 years to adapt
to his playing style when he started with short pimple on one side.................and he is a professional
All the best to you,,,,,,,,,great thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
I agree with the issue being the blade. All wood blades have immense dwell- compared to most carbons at least. I have a blade with Tamca carbon in it and I can assure you that I do not spin as much my all woods.

You either have to learn to spin more via more acceleration through the ball, or change the rubber to something slower that can hold the ball longer allowing you to spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I agree with the issue being the blade. All wood blades have immense dwell- compared to most carbons at least. I have a blade with Tamca carbon in it and I can assure you that I do not spin as much my all woods.

You either have to learn to spin more via more acceleration through the ball, or change the rubber to something slower that can hold the ball longer allowing you to spin.

Yes exactly, I find out I need to doo the movement more precise, more faster. But when I do, the spin is much better. I can´t play the slow loops. they are not so spinny like before. But it doesnt mattter. I can play one loop slower and low and second fast and opponent is under pressure :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

Yes exactly, I find out I need to doo the movement more precise, more faster. But when I do, the spin is much better. I can´t play the slow loops. they are not so spinny like before. But it doesnt mattter. I can play one loop slower and low and second fast and opponent is under pressure :)

You can go for slower spininer shots, but it has to be a thinner contact. It's all technique, although I will admit that all wood is the best and easiest to spin with.