Same spin, suited for backhand Tenergy 05 alternative?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I am currently using T05, and I find it too expensive for my taste. Does anyone know a cheaper alternative for T05? Btw, I do really not care about speed or control or throw angle, just sponge hardness and spin. My game is Chinese brush looper for forehand, and I want to develop a good, spinny backhand loop.
Any suggestions, btw I also want it to be available from tabletennis11.com. If you want to, you can also recommend a blade for the suggested rubber.

Current setup: Blade: BTY maze magic all round (around 40-50$)
Fh: Some fake h3 orange sponge, still good spin.
Bh: Tenergy 05, wanting to change to easier to use, cheaper.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Several well established alternatives come to mind:

Yasaka Rakza 7
Xiom Vega Pro
Xiom Vega X
Victus Ventus Extra
Stiga DNA Pro M
Stiga Mantra M
DHS Goldarc 8
Donic Baracuda

Any of those will be close enough - and cheaper. Of course there are others (eg. Rasanter, DNA Platinum, Omega VII, etc.), but then you're starting to get so close to Tenergy 05 price that you might as well stick with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: FinnEinar
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It might be worth Trying something like Rasanter R48. It gets massive spin. The hardness is fairly similar to T05. When it is new it gets more spin than T05. But since it is an ESN rubber the factory tuning wears off after 3 weeks to a month. But, once it wears off, the rubber still gets great spin.

Reactions: dh0llyw00d
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Even Ma Long does not use the regular hardness versions of H3 on his BH. :)

Ohh ! I freely admit that I am a weirdo, always have been. 😁

When I first discovered H3 it was when a club mate gave me his blade to have a try.
Then i did a bit of research and ordered a standard H3 for my FH and a soft NEO for the BH
So far so "normal"
However I soon found out that this setup worked better for me when I accidentally gripped the blade the wrong way round.
I simply play better with a hard BH and a soft FH
All my rubbers get 1 coat of Seamoon befor fitting to the blade

• Haha
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I think TT11 still has Tibhar K1 Euro in stock, that is a semi sticky rubber with excellent allround offensive capability to handle spin. Very reasonable price if you buy 4 or more sheets.

went to TT11 and read the description of the Tibhar K1 Euro and it sound a beauty.
I wonder how it would compare with a RXTON 5, another of my favorite rubbers ?

Could anyone please make a comparison between these rubbers? Spin, Ease of use and/or durability?

Yasaka Rakza 7
Xiom Vega Pro
Xiom Vega X
Victus Ventus Extra
Stiga DNA Pro M
Stiga Mantra M
DHS Goldarc 8
Donic Baracuda

If you want to you can also make a comparison between these series, spin, ease of use and/or durability.
Any of those will be close enough - and cheaper. Of course there are others (eg. Rasanter, DNA Platinum, Omega VII, etc.), but then you're starting to get so close to Tenergy 05 price that you might as well stick with it.

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Rakza 7 has less spin than T05, less bounce. Controlled do it all rubber. Easier to use.
Vega Pro between Rakza 7 and T05 in bounciness. Easier to use than T05.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tripe Quadruple hahah hehehe,hehehe, heheheh, hahahahahah woody woodpecker AKA Pajaro Loco laughing so loud.

What spin you depends on the ball, your shot selection, your technique and impact.

All these general questions about what makes good spin are crazy off the mark as some jokers couldn't get 30% out of Tenergy if they paid off the cameraman and some can get near 100 percent from a used condom.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Could anyone please make a comparison between these rubbers? Spin, Ease of use and/or durability?

Yasaka Rakza 7
Xiom Vega Pro
Xiom Vega X
Victus Ventus Extra
Stiga DNA Pro M
Stiga Mantra M
DHS Goldarc 8
Donic Baracuda

If you want to you can also make a comparison between these series, spin, ease of use and/or durability.

Thanks!
I've used the Rakza 7, Rasanter R47 and 48, Stiga DNA Pro M for some time. Indeed the Rasanter series wears off quickly (speed AND spin might be ok for 2 months maximum, not much), quite disapointing given their price. The Rakza 7 is... ok, but not that much than the Rasanter, and not that spinny compared to the R47/48, but the Stiga DNA Pro M was a really nice surprise as I got it on TT11 for one of their weekly sales promotion. As all those ESN T05 clones it is more or less the same as the Yasaka or Andro but way more durable and It is as spinny as a Rasanter 48, costs less money. That would be my go to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Isn’t Fastarc G-1 meant to be a sort of non-bouncy tenergy 05 alternative? As in very grippy, same sponge hardness, similar topsheet pimple geometry, high throw angle etc, but less bouncy? The OP could try that, or a hybrid rubber/tacky tensor maybe, I’ve heard they are very spinny but relatively non bouncy compared to pure tensors?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Ohh ! I freely admit that I am a weirdo, always have been. 😁

When I first discovered H3 it was when a club mate gave me his blade to have a try.
Then i did a bit of research and ordered a standard H3 for my FH and a soft NEO for the BH
So far so "normal"
However I soon found out that this setup worked better for me when I accidentally gripped the blade the wrong way round.
I simply play better with a hard BH and a soft FH
All my rubbers get 1 coat of Seamoon befor fitting to the blade

Well, if you have enough power on your BH to use H3 at a hardness normally used on FH then I am going to tell Der_Echte to watch out for his BackHandMan status because Lodro has something in store for him. :)

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My BH is good enough to do a wide range of BH shots with different kinds of inverted rubbers and sponge hardness/softness. After trying out a bazillion rubbers in succession, I gathered a pile of data and the data showed I was a tiny bit more consistent with a softer modern dynamic or an old school softer OFF control class rubber (Think Nittaku Hammond or Morristo 2000). It doesn't matter to me, so many can work well for me on BH. I used to make great shots with an $8 rubber that sadly is no longer available.

If there is someone who can make great shots on BH with a hard sponged rubber, then super, it isn't weird at all. Maybe weird in the sense it is different, but it is all about what the player can do with the rubber and blade and the quality/consistency/comfortable repeatability of shots.

A few years back, I also found that softer sponged modern dynamic rubbers (FX-S/T05FX) were my optimal thing, but after using more progressively firmer modern rubbers (got up to 51 on FH) I can play super with a 47 sponged rubber (Use MX-K, but MX-P would be great now too)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I'm also in that 47 ESN range for BH, but with way slower blades, softer sponges didn't suit me well: blocks were too slow and sometimes falling down the net, I really need ALL+ (the innerforce ALC.S I've got being a little slower than most of the production is therefore perfect for me), not really much. I'm not good enough for those OFF- carbon blades, in that OFF- area only all wood blades are ok to me. Combined with the 47 mid sponge on BH the result is excellent.