Blades that for well for Chinese rubber?

My current setup is Micheal Maze Magic Blade (All+), and Hurricane 3 Neo commercial for forehand, Tenergy 05 backhand.
T05 is a bit bouncy and uncontrollable for me, and I am thinking of getting a 37degree hardness hurricane 8-80 for backhand. I’ve heard that it’s more controllable, slower and about same, if not higher spin than Tenergy 05. Does anyone know a blade that would fit well with Chinese rubbers? I’m thinking of Dhs Power G7, because I want an all-wood, under 70$ blade. I also hope that it’s available from tabletennis11.com, because that’s where I mainly get my table tennis stuff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
My current setup is Micheal Maze Magic Blade (All+), and Hurricane 3 Neo commercial for forehand, Tenergy 05 backhand.
T05 is a bit bouncy and uncontrollable for me, and I am thinking of getting a 37degree hardness hurricane 8-80 for backhand. I’ve heard that it’s more controllable, slower and about same, if not higher spin than Tenergy 05. Does anyone know a blade that would fit well with Chinese rubbers? I’m thinking of Dhs Power G7, because I want an all-wood, under 70$ blade. I also hope that it’s available from tabletennis11.com, because that’s where I mainly get my table tennis stuff.

Your budget $70 does it apply to the blade only? Or the entire setup?

I tend to play close to the table, Chinese brush looper for forehand, much better forehand than backhand. I usually punch with my backhand, but I am trying to learn brush looping with backhand too.
I have played around 5months, but I am better than many in my club that have played for 1,5+ years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I have used Yinhe V14 PRO, DHS Power G5X, DHS Power G9, Sanwei HC-5S and some other more stiff blades. They work fine, for me, with Chinese hard sponged rubbers. What I found out is that with these kind of rubbers, you'll get better effect using them with stiffer blades. I guess the sponge interacts better with a harder, stiffer blade when brushing.

Why are you changing the blade?
Why not change only BH rubber?
Well, I don’t really have ‘feeling’ with the blade that I am using now, I have tried H3Neo on other peoples blade, though carbon blades, and I can “feel” the ball better. So I’m basically ej’ing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Well, I don’t really have ‘feeling’ with the blade that I am using now, I have tried H3Neo on other peoples blade, though carbon blades, and I can “feel” the ball better. So I’m basically ej’ing

Edit - I see you have specified in the OP that you want all wood.

You may want to look at an all wood blade if "feel" is your goal - a decent 5 ply is a good bet (there are many out there..)

Last edited: