Is this good zlc?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I also read some of your nerdy stuff website. You say that the 2nd layer of BTY blades are actually Ayous, despite many places claiming it to be Limba. Do you have any definitive proof or agreement from any other experts?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I also read some of your nerdy stuff website. You say that the 2nd layer of BTY blades are actually Ayous, despite many places claiming it to be Limba. Do you have any definitive proof or agreement from any other experts?

As Lodro pointed out, Butterfly will not reveal their secrets, they don't even disclose their compositions. But their ALC is not fully saturated, there are a lot of open spaces, not a glassy layer like you see on some of those cheap blades.

What other experts? That information has been passed around blindly by the "experts" for so long. The only place I've seen it written correctly was on TT gear lab. I'm giving you the tools so you can see for yourself, but if you need help with that, Magic_M posted some pictures here that clearly prove my point:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?26547-Butterfly-blades-the-whole-truth!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

As Lodro pointed out, Butterfly will not reveal their secrets, they don't even disclose their compositions. But their ALC is not fully saturated, there are a lot of open spaces, not a glassy layer like you see on some of those cheap blades.

What other experts? That information has been passed around blindly by the "experts" for so long. The only place I've seen it written correctly was on TT gear lab. I'm giving you the tools so you can see for yourself, but if you need help with that, Magic_M posted some pictures here that clearly prove my point:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?26547-Butterfly-blades-the-whole-truth!

Do you have side photo of a Viscaria vs a Harimoto? Viscaria supposedly uses limba or ayous in the medial layer. Harimoto definitely uses limba for the outer layer. So the outer layer of Harimoto should look the same as the medial layer of Viscaria.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

Do you have side photo of a Viscaria vs a Harimoto? Viscaria supposedly uses limba or ayous in the medial layer. Harimoto definitely uses limba for the outer layer. So the outer layer of Harimoto should look the same as the medial layer of Viscaria.

Good on you for not taking what I say for granted. I'm also skeptical like that, that's why I try to find my own answers, you should be prepared to do the same.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well I pulled out my TB ZLC, and the medial layer does appear to have those diagonal lines, so I don't really know what that means. Some places list it as Koto-zlc-Limba-Ayous. Some places list it as a Kiri core.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Well I pulled out my TB ZLC, and the medial layer does appear to have those diagonal lines, so I don't really know what that means. Some places list it as Koto-zlc-Limba-Ayous. Some places list it as a Kiri core.

Well, if one wants to know what is "inside", one has to open the parcel up.
So c'mon, don't be a pussy, rip the top layer of the darn thing and then you can tell us what is actually under there. 😁
While you are at it, scrape some of the glue off and send it to a lab to analyze it.
We's is standin by holdin our breath - cause we wants to know too 🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

What it seems to me is that you don't read things very carefully. I give up...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
They both have what is called a plain weave pattern, but the "zlc" has a ratio of 1:0, which means there is only one fiber in each direction and the ALC has a ratio of 1:1, with both fibers in both directions. The weaving pattern of the "zlc" is actually correct, that is what you find on Butterfly blades, but yo me it doesn't look like zlc, it can just be the picture but the color is not right. Coming from where it does, it probably isn't. Zylon is very expensive, and as far as I'm aware there are no manufacturers in China, but I may be wrong about that. It's very easy to dye Kevlar these days, which is a lot cheaper than Zylon, so it's probably that.

The ALC is actually the same as one of mine. The weaving pattern is not exactly the same as Butterfly's, it has a bit more blue in the vertical direction and a bit more black in the horizontal direction. So it's not as stiff but a bit harder.

Anyway, none of this matters as there are many other variables. People talk about fibers like it's the only important aspect, but the lamination process, type and amount of resin used are equally important. I can make a blade feel different in a number of ways by using the same composite but changing the other variables. With these cheap blades they are not very concerned with feeling, they use the least expensive method to get the job done, you pay for what you get.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Have you ever made a table tennis blade where the zylon went in vertical direction? if yes do you know what the difference would be? :)