Need help to choose a Tenergy 05 alternative

I’ve asked a lot of questions on this website about backhand rubbers in the past, because I don’t really like Tenergy 05… Too bouncy and uncontrollable.
Here is what people have suggested me:
Hurricane 8-80, supposedly spinnier than D05.
Fx-p for development
Rakza 7 soft for development
Xiom vega series
El-s
Fx-p
My game is Chinese brush looper for forehand​​​​​​, and my forehand is MUCH better than my backhand. I usually punch/hit with the backhand. I want to develop a better and spinnier and more consistent backhand, I’ve been playing for 6months, but I’m better than some 1,5+ years players, on forehand that is.
Could anyone compare the rubbers above in terms of spin, control/ease of use and durability? Or if someone in your club has a ridiculously spinny backhand, could you please ask them what they started with and what they are using now?

Best regards, enjoy Table Tennis!

You already asked almost the same question in your earlier thread so I am not sure what you hope to gain by repeating it?

First off, I am sorry if you think I’m spamming. Second off, I got some new rubbers suggested by players in my club, so now I’m even more unsure. I’m just trying to see if someone has tried any of the rubbers, or has a spinny backhand.
Mabye I can limit down the number of rubbers on my ’to test’ list.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

First off, I am sorry if you think I’m spamming. Second off, I got some new rubbers suggested by players in my club, so now I’m even more unsure. I’m just trying to see if someone has tried any of the rubbers, or has a spinny backhand.
Mabye I can limit down the number of rubbers on my ’to test’ list.

I don’t think your’e spamming and I understand you want answers, but I think you’re better off starting one thread and keeping that one alive rather than starting another and hoping for different answers.

the nature of a forum means you’re always going to get differing opinions based on personal experience, and at the end of the day you need to narrow it down by trying them yourself and finding what works for you

good luck

Reactions: FinnEinar and lodro

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Your complaint with T05 is that is is too bouncy. So from your list my pick would be the H8-80. H8 is an easy rubber to play with great control. And nobody would call it bouncy. The -80 version will be a little bouncier than the plain H8, which you will probably need coming from spring sponge.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
DELUSION OF SUPREMACY
T05 was initially intended for skilled masters exclusively.. It was a personal choice by Timo Ball, while he was at Tokyo Butterfly Tamasu factory back in 2008/ Only top-masters can get entire effect of the rubber. Dont have phantasmal delusions of your supremacy in vain. Have a whit of reality.
GD China rubbers are superb/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I played with Tenergy 05 on BH and found it too bouncy. Now I play with MX-P (Not only on BH but also on FH) which is a little bit harder than 05 and it is much more comfortable for me. I also ,,tested" FX-S rubber before MX-P and it was even worse than 05 for my BH so I suggest You to try Tibhar MX-P rubber.