Hurricane 9 official news

says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews

I have mine since 2 weeks now. Here are some images

To be honest. I'm not a fan of the classic chinese rubbers and therefore maybe not as disappointed like many of the other that stated their impressions. I currently play Joola Rhyzen ZGR (an ESN Hybrid rubber), but wanted something similar in blue, because I like the colored rubber idea. And with H9 I think I found what I was looking for. The surface is slightly tacky, but grips the ball very well. I can't really compare the amount of spin with the classic H3 or H3 Neo as I have only played these rubbers for some hours and didn't get along with them very well. The sudden change in behaviour from passiv to active is nothing I'm able to deal with, so the only reference I have are the ESN rubbers like Victas V>20, mentioned ZGR and Tibhar MX-D. Compared to those the amount of spin is equal.
The weight was a surprise as it was only 44g cut to Stiga Dynasty Carbon. The MX-D was around 52g and the ZGR is around 50g.

It is the first DHS rubber which I'm going to play for more than the first 2-4 hours and maybe I use the rubber for our first championship games starting in September.

I would also like to try the green one, but it is not (yet) available here in Germany.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Just arrived :D both 2.15 39deg.
I will have review after 1 week :D
z3741560757532 a32cb7e24a062ec82ea85ee59e0489c4 jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

I have mine since 2 weeks now. Here are some images

To be honest. I'm not a fan of the classic chinese rubbers and therefore maybe not as disappointed like many of the other that stated their impressions. I currently play Joola Rhyzen ZGR (an ESN Hybrid rubber), but wanted something similar in blue, because I like the colored rubber idea. And with H9 I think I found what I was looking for. The surface is slightly tacky, but grips the ball very well. I can't really compare the amount of spin with the classic H3 or H3 Neo as I have only played these rubbers for some hours and didn't get along with them very well. The sudden change in behaviour from passiv to active is nothing I'm able to deal with, so the only reference I have are the ESN rubbers like Victas V>20, mentioned ZGR and Tibhar MX-D. Compared to those the amount of spin is equal.
The weight was a surprise as it was only 44g cut to Stiga Dynasty Carbon. The MX-D was around 52g and the ZGR is around 50g.

It is the first DHS rubber which I'm going to play for more than the first 2-4 hours and maybe I use the rubber for our first championship games starting in September.

I would also like to try the green one, but it is not (yet) available here in Germany.

Could you comment on how the short game plays? I'd be curious to try it out, but it seems to much of a risk if it's tenergy esque where it's difficult to keep the ball low in push rallies.

Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews

Could you comment on how the short game plays? I'd be curious to try it out, but it seems to much of a risk if it's tenergy esque where it's difficult to keep the ball low in push rallies.

Well.. I have no comparison to BTY Tenergy directly, but compared to XIOM O7 Pro or ASIA the short game is much easier. I can do shorter serves (with the same or even more amount of spin) and pushing to more extreme angles has become much easier.
I believe that is because of the harder sponge and tacky surface. Is this behavious on par with the other Hurricanes around (2, 3, 3 Neo)? Certainly not.
The combination is much more vivid in the short game as well. But to be honest...For me the other Hurricanes are less predictable and controllable, when I want change length. The passiv play (e.g. receiving short) is better with the classic DHS Hurricane rubbers. But as soon as you become more active the results for me are not stable. Sometimes the balls go short with spin, sometimes they shot out with more speed than spin...Not working for me at all.

Where H9 is shinning, when I want to vary the length. From really short (which is still possible and easier than with classic ESN rubbers) to half long to down to the base line balls is a very linear behaviour and no surprising catapult is kicking in.

Hope this helps..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Well.. I have no comparison to BTY Tenergy directly, but compared to XIOM O7 Pro or ASIA the short game is much easier. I can do shorter serves (with the same or even more amount of spin) and pushing to more extreme angles has become much easier.
I believe that is because of the harder sponge and tacky surface. Is this behavious on par with the other Hurricanes around (2, 3, 3 Neo)? Certainly not.
The combination is much more vivid in the short game as well. But to be honest...For me the other Hurricanes are less predictable and controllable, when I want change length. The passiv play (e.g. receiving short) is better with the classic DHS Hurricane rubbers. But as soon as you become more active the results for me are not stable. Sometimes the balls go short with spin, sometimes they shot out with more speed than spin...Not working for me at all.

Where H9 is shinning, when I want to vary the length. From really short (which is still possible and easier than with classic ESN rubbers) to half long to down to the base line balls is a very linear behaviour and no surprising catapult is kicking in.

Hope this helps..

Interesting!! The very reason I don’t want fast tensor on my bh is because I want to vary the length and pace. DHS rubber does it well.

I might give H9 a try when my H8 dies

Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
And I have a H8-80 on its way to me, to compare the H9 to the H8-80. Hardness of my H39 is higher (39) than the H8-80 ordered (38), but will be interesting to see how they behave on the same blade... Needs to wait though, because our season has started and there is no time left for EJing around... 😀

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
First review.
It's semi tacky.I can feel the tacky when press on it but not tacky enough to lift the ball.Blade 92gr and 186gr when glue 2 rubber on.
The sponge 39deg not too soft nor hard.
The top sheet really soft compare to H3 so the whole rubber feel softer than H3 with the same sponge hardness.
And the color is crazy 😋

​​​​​​

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Review After playing several match:
H9 Blue FH and Pink BH. All 39deg 2.15.
Compare with H3 Prov Blue/Orange 40deg , H8 40 deg, Battle II Pro 40deg all on FH.
NO booster applied.
The feeling is similar to the Hurricane series but with less spin and more speed.
H9 Pink trully a BH rubber with heavy back spin and block so good. It can perform flick really good too. Slow if far from table.H9 Blue can play as FH rubber as it good on all stroke. It spin more than Battle II and faster than H3 (not spin as H3 and slower than Battle II) It depend on your view 😁 To play H9 Blue , you don't have to brush as much as H3 orange. Just hit more forward like play with H3 Blue or Battle II

Weight: H8 > Battle II > H3 > H9
Speed: H3 Blue > Battle II > H9 Blue > H9 Pink > H8 > H3 Orange
Spin: H3 Orange > H8 > H9 Pink > H9 Blue > Battle II
Predictable: H9 Pink > Battle II = H8 > H9 Blue > H3
H9 Blue #22 sponge also have a kick effect (change arc) like H3 blue when hit the other side of the table if you hit really hard.
Service: H3 > Battle II = H8 > H9 Blue = H9 Pink
Short push: H3 > H8 > H9 Pink > H9 Blue > Battle II
Block: H9 Pink > H8 > Battle II > H9 Blue = H3
Flick: H9 Pink > H8 = Battle II > H9 Blue = H3
Flat hit: H8 = Battle II > H9 Blue = H9 Pink > H3
Top spin loop drive: H3 > Battle II > H8 > H9 Blue > H9 Pink

Last edited:
Reactions: dreto and SFF_lib
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Update:
Because of the 39deg sponge which is soft for me.
I have a "can't miss" feeling. Especially the H9 Pink.
Very easy to keep ball on table.
H9 Blue on FH is good also, but I think at my level I will go for something more lethal.
Both rubber are so fun to play with 😁
They are "do it all" rubbers but not excellent at any.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It seems Watta-san prefers the H9 with the #80 version of the sponge. That sponge is pretty good on the H8-80 too, bouncy, spinny, I can imagine with a less tacky topsheet it's very lively.

Has anyone tried the violet or green H9?

I have tried blue, pink and violet (2 sessions with violet, 1 with blue and pink)
all with the softest sponge.

I haven't tried green yet, but I assume it will be similar to violet.
Firstly, even though 22#, 20#, 80# sponge is used, the H9 top sheet is different to that of H3 (for 20 and 22) and H8 (80)

The price of H9 (cost price) as another seller has said in earlier posts, is not attractive enough. I can just buy a H3 orange prov for just about the same cost price. (the other user is talking about selling price, while I have DHS pricelist, and can agree on the cost price)
But I see H9 as not a H3 orange sponge competitor, but rather a BH rubber to tackle non DHS business.

I am a hard sponge user, and prefer H8-80 over the H9-80 for BH
I prefer H3-22 and H3-20 over the H9-22/20 for forehand.
If the top sheet was similar to H3 tack, I think that would be great, but then again H9 is not making another H3.

If coming from a H3-22 and H8-80 user (which is me), H9 isn't great. It looses a lot of spin potential due to top sheet.
But if coming from those bouncy ESN rubbers, I do think H9 has some potential.
Now, do you pick the colour, or do you pick the sponge? Not every one understand sponges.

For a more BH sponge, 80 is idea.
20 felt harder but spinner than 22, while 22 felt faster with lower arc.

I am a spin player, so after sampling H9, I will go back to H8-80
But I think for ESN BH users (or even FH), H9 can be an option.
It isn't going to be a T05 or D05 or hybrid killer, but I do think it does have a balance between a fast ESN and a firmer topsheet.

The violet 80 is very easy to block with (BH to BH rallies in a match), more easier than H8-80, because the topsheet is softer, while h8, I would require to generate my own spin, else the ball could sink into the net.

Overall, Violet or 80 sponge to me is better for BH. But I won't write out the other 2.

My test setup
Main:
Intensity Cpen
H3-22, 40deg (black)
H9-80, 37deg (violet)

Other:
YEO Cpen
H9-22 38 deg (blue)
H9-20 38 deg (pink)

I would rate 20 with maybe the most spin from my Cpen RPB point of view.

For those who want a Hybrid Killer, go H8-80

Reactions: Zwill and mocker88
This user has no status.
It seems Watta-san prefers the H9 with the #80 version of the sponge. That sponge is pretty good on the H8-80 too, bouncy, spinny, I can imagine with a less tacky topsheet it's very lively.

Has anyone tried the violet or green H9?
I've been using the green version for 2 weeks and i like it.

At first i used it on backhand, but the throwing angle is way too low for my liking.

Started using it on the forehand, my previous FH rubbers were Nexy Karis M, and M+ so now i'm just getting use to hit brushing the ball chinese style, instead of the more direct easy hit with the japanese rubbers. I was expecting a brick sponge but is bouncy, so i like that i dont have to push/engage too much to get some speed.

i think the color compound does have different properties, the rubber catches a lot of dirt and the sweat/cleaning liquid is not easy to wipe off the rubber, but my rubber doesn't lift the ball oddly.

The sponge color seemed similar to the PF4-50, so i was worried it would crumble like PF4-50 but instead, the sponge and topshhet seem very resistant because it was little hard to cut,

I got it on discount on aliexpress' anniversary sale. but i see now is showing up in more stores and getting a lower price without sale.