Hurricane 9 official news

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
The four speculated H9 rubbers have been announced in China:
1- Pink topsheet with #20 orange sponge. Available hardness 38 & 39. Spin oriented.

2- Blue topsheet with #22 blue sponge. Available hardness 38 & 39. Speed oriented.

3- Purple topsheet with #80 red sponge. Available hardness 37 & 38. Control oriented.

4- Green topsheet with #80 red sponge. Available hardness 37 & 38. Control oriented.

RRP ¥198 , or ~$32 USD.

DHS seems to introduce H9 as a range of options for BH, not a premium FH rubber.

Watch this space

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

Thanks I shall keep an eye on that. I wish they will release a black version.

They don't need to: the blue topsheet with #22 blue sponge speed oriented is clearly their iteration of this "H9" for a typical FH rubber. Here they just did a marketing move to tease people with colored mainstream version of their hurricane, as the hardness level isn't that high. It's an EJ thing only to me...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

If they really release a H9 with the no22 sponge that will be in high demand.

Exactly what I was thinking indeed: the typical FH rubber for mainstream EJ amateur players who wants something that "looks like" the real deal. Their hardnesses says a lot about their marketing strategy. It's an amateur/hobby player thing, it's even softer than the H3 NEO commercial versions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Exactly what I was thinking indeed: the typical FH rubber for mainstream EJ amateur players who wants something that "looks like" the real deal. Their hardnesses says a lot about their marketing strategy. It's an amateur/hobby player thing, it's even softer than the H3 NEO commercial versions.

I think also it will be for the non-pro market, but 39 deg is fine, you probably don't need to boost if you don't want to. The 42deg versions the pros are using must be very unfriendly without boosting. But it's also possible that some pros will put this H9 on BH. Liang Jingkun experimented with BS H3 on his backhand with pretty good success.
Also I don't get why DHS doesn't recolor the H3 for blue and release it with blue sponge. Someone mentioned that the red sheet is opaque so that is why no blue sponge can be used with it.

If the pricing will be 200RMB for all versions then fans of the no22 sponge no longer need to buy it from dodgy vendors for Tenergy/Dignics costs.

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

You are correct to some extent. But the pro's rubbers are not hard to find if you have the money. LJK and ML's 42 degree H3 are on Prott.vip.

I doubt their validity- the precut ones more than the packaged ones. The TT11 version of fzd’s forehand rubber I’m certain is real because they are official DHS distributors.

This user has no status.
I doubt their validity- the precut ones more than the packaged ones. The TT11 version of fzd’s forehand rubber I’m certain is real because they are official DHS distributors.

So if i buy any rubber or blade from them it is not fake?

I will keep my eyes or mind about this H9, if it is not hard and has like slightly softer sponge then i will think about it for my BH with Long 5X blade, then i might think about another Hurricane rubber for FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

So if i buy any rubber or blade from them it is not fake?

I will keep my eyes or mind about this H9, if it is not hard and has like slightly softer sponge then i will think about it for my BH with Long 5X blade, then i might think about another Hurricane rubber for FH.

I’m saying that the “XYZ pro player’s personal forehand rubber” could be fake.

I am not in the position to prove their validity, just airing to the side of caution. I’m pretty sure that their cheaper stuff is legit. I’m just more skeptical about the personal pro player equipment that they sell. That’s where I trust TT11 more because they deal with DHS, and they get the REAL thing.

you could boost h9 to get it a couple deg softer. But from the looks of it, it’s domed out of the package

Reactions: TareqPhoto
This user has no status.

I’m saying that the “XYZ pro player’s personal forehand rubber” could be fake.

I am not in the position to prove their validity, just airing to the side of caution. I’m pretty sure that their cheaper stuff is legit. I’m just more skeptical about the personal pro player equipment that they sell. That’s where I trust TT11 more because they deal with DHS, and they get the REAL thing.

you could boost h9 to get it a couple deg softer. But from the looks of it, it’s domed out of the package

Ok, thank you