Hurricane 9 official news

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
You know, I really hope they take this opportunity to release a black top sheet blue sponge H9 at the price of or close to commercial H3s. It’ll fill a massive gap, and I’m sure there will be lots of sales. People have been wanting a blue sponge commercial H3 for ages…

I almost doubt it. Why would DHS give away the scarcity they already have with provincial and national by doing blue sponge commercial. If I were DHS, people are already paying $55 for provincial and over a hundred for national blue. Adding the blue sponge to commercials... people might not buy Provincial or National.

I suppose that it would somewhat make sense because commercial just has less qc and it just be a matter of putting a different sponge which they already do.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I don't see it on Aliexpress yet. I wonder how different 9 will be from 8-80? Colors are nice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Yup ttnpp have them listed now:

http://ttnpp.com/store/dhs/1079-dhs-hurricane-9-6.html

$48 though! A lot more expensive than 8-80. You can get a hybrid K3 for that price.
You might get a K3 for that price but neither the spin nor especially the durability of a Hurricane rubber scnr. A couple of reviews from Germany indicate that the K3 lasts maybe two months.
Price on JD is 198 CNY / $29.71 / €27.71
I don't see it on Aliexpress yet. I wonder how different 9 will be from 8-80? Colors are nice.

Yep, a violett or green H9-80 would be nice but I'm also waiting for the H9-22s and H9-20 with black topsheet to pair them with ;) It seems that currently only the new colors are available but not standard black and red.

BTW: DHS specifies which hardness scale they use on the packaging: Shore A. No more guessing

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022
Seems to get closer to the users :) has some pictures of the packaging and a picture showing a blue H9 with #22 sponge weighing 61g uncut including the protective films. Could be somewhere around 44g or 45g cut and glued
According to this video the variants with orange and blue sponge come with a glue layer like the H3Neos.

Any experience of buying from jd.com? How long will it take for shipping?
Hurricane 9 looks very attempting. it looks that hurricane 9 is only available on JD.com

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Any experience of buying from jd.com? How long will it take for shipping?
Hurricane 9 looks very attempting. it looks that hurricane 9 is only available on JD.com

Not yet, at the moment my inner EJ is under control and I can get the rubbers I'm using (H3 and H8-80) in a couple of hours on weekdays but I will definitely try the different H9s ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Some early reviews in China show that the H9 topsheet is half tacky. H9 is a speedy rubber rather than a spinny rubber.

The pink dye seems to have made the topsheet prone to skidding.

Hopefully only the pink ones have this problem otherwise it would be a no-go. Half tacky: Could be good competition for all those ESN hybrid rubbers and good for backhand.