Hurricane 9 official news

This user has no status.
I will wait longer to see more reviews about it really, i don't know if the top sheet is more harder than previous, if yes then i must go with least hardness sponge if available in this case, and i don't know if the 4 different variant colors represents different performance or that is only just marketing thing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Yes they are paired with different sponges so the performance and feel are different for the different colors. To my feeling the top sheet is softer than H3neo. You feel more ball absorption and then catapult out. I believe these are meant to be more in the direction of a "tensor" feel.

This user has no status.
Yes they are paired with different sponges so the performance and feel are different for the different colors. To my feeling the top sheet is softer than H3neo. You feel more ball absorption and then catapult out. I believe these are meant to be more in the direction of a "tensor" feel.

If that is true then i would like to have one of this rubber, i like to have variation of rubbers for whatever reason, so now i have to choose which sponge color, i only like Black/Blue/Gray/Green colors and i hate Yellow/Pink/Violet colors as top sheet color.

My new blade arrived, and i have to choose between this rubber or H3NEO Prov for my FH, then i have to wait an inspiration or a miracle to choose BH rubber this time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
On TT11, the price of H9 is $33.58, H3 OS prov. (both neo and non-neo) is $46.5, I wouldn't call a 39% increase in price over H9 is "almost the same". You also need to consider the price of H8, which is $32.57, so it's not H9 that increased in price of the commercial version, it's H8.

However on prott it's closer, $28 for H9, and $33 for H3 OS Neo prov. but that's still a 18% increase in price, $30 for H3 OS prov. is the closest one, but then prott doesn't have free shipping, and the shipping speed of EMS is a joke.

Reactions: ricospin
This user has no status.
On TT11, the price of H9 is $33.58, H3 OS prov. (both neo and non-neo) is $46.5, I wouldn't call a 39% increase in price over H9 is "almost the same". You also need to consider the price of H8, which is $32.57, so it's not H9 that increased in price of the commercial version, it's H8.

However on prott it's closer, $28 for H9, and $33 for H3 OS Neo prov. but that's still a 18% increase in price, $30 for H3 OS prov. is the closest one, but then prott doesn't have free shipping, and the shipping speed of EMS is a joke.

I don't base it at all on how much it is sold for, but on how much it is bought for. The prices shown are of course exclusive of VAT for the USA.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

I don't base it at all on how much it is sold for, but on how much it is bought for. The prices shown are of course exclusive of VAT for the USA.

You're missing my point, I'm saying, H9 is not much more expensive than H8, and h8 is much more expensive than commercial H3, so you shouldn't be so surprised about the price.

Also, isn't VAT is based on a percentage of the price? Shouldn't that mean the more an item costs, the more VAT you need to pay?

Last edited:
This user has no status.

You're missing my point, I'm saying, H9 is not much more expensive than H8, and h8 is much more expensive than commercial H3, so you shouldn't be so surprised about the price.

Also, isn't VAT is based on a percentage of the price? Shouldn't that mean the more an item costs, the more VAT you need to pay?

one more small addition to the price difference of the H9 vs:
provincial H3 OS +$1.18
provincial NH3 OS + $2.36
H8 - 2.36 USD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

one more small addition to the price difference of the H9 vs:
provincial H3 OS +$1.18
provincial NH3 OS + $2.36
H8 - 2.36 USD

And the source of the price is? Also what’s the H3 commercial price from that store? On TT11 the price of commercial H3 is $23.48, vs. H8 which is $32.57, vs. H9 which is $33.58. So all I’m saying is, H9 isn’t that much more expensive than the previous product iteration from DHS, if anyone is questioning why it got expensive they should ask “why H8 costs so much more”, not “why H9 costs so much more” because DHS have already established the price on an older product.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
let’s settle this.

Lots of review on Bilibili. I’ve watched countless reputable reviews including Gan’s review. H9 topsheet is just slightly tacky. The grip is low = low sensitivity to spin = low spin potential.

The blue sponge 39 degree seems too soft, good for defence but insufficient for offensive play.

In conclusion, don’t buy H9. There are plenty of tacky rubbers for FH and BH at that price point, with much better quality.

Reactions: ricospin and harty
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
let’s settle this.

Lots of review on Bilibili. I’ve watched countless reputable reviews including Gan’s review. H9 topsheet is just slightly tacky. The grip is low = low sensitivity to spin = low spin potential.

The blue sponge 39 degree seems too soft, good for defence but insufficient for offensive play.

In conclusion, don’t buy H9. There are plenty of tacky rubbers for FH and BH at that price point, with much better quality.
That's honestly quite sad. Probably the most hyped rubber of the year, yet, kind of disappointing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
That's honestly quite sad. Probably the most hyped rubber of the year, yet, kind of disappointing.

I was so excited about the review. Then came the bad news 😞😞

He is a seller on TaoBao. If a seller discouraged buyers, the product must be very bad. But he has only tested the pink and blue ones though.

but that’s enough to put me off

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

I was so excited about the review. Then came the bad news 😞😞

He is a seller on TaoBao. If a seller discouraged buyers, the product must be very bad. But he has only tested the pink and blue ones though.

but that’s enough to put me off

Not (yet) for me ;) Violet and green could still be lighter alternatives to H8-80.