I have a Hurricane 3 neo orange sponge 39 degree and a Tenergy 05, ask me anything!

I know that many people have these rubbers, but I still want people to be able to ask if they have any questions about them, similarities and/or durability questions.

Ask as much as you want, there are no dumb questions!

Btw, both rubbers were glued on to a Michael Maze Magic (All+) blade, at the same time, using 2 layers of butterfly free chack glue. (One on the rubber sponge, one on the blade.)

I have used them both for about 5months now, so I have a little bit of experience, and I have also tried the following rubbers:
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 80
Tenergy 19
Tenergy 25
Xiom Omega and vega Europe
Hurricane 8
Rakza 7 soft, Rakza 7
Rakza Z
Victas 402 (limber and normal)
Victas V15 limber
Andro hexer grip and powergrip
Andro rasanter R48,47, 37 and 45
Victas Ventus extra
Dicnics 05 and An old sheet of 09c
Nittaku Fastarc G1
Rakza X and Xsoft
Stiga DNA pro H and M

Please keep in mind that the rubbers listed above, were not all tested on the same blades, but most of them tested on limba outer ply all+ blades.

If you have any questions about any of the rubbers listed, please ask, but keep in mind that this is my personal opinion and not a professional opinion.

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
It seems to me you are a 45-48 deg hardness type of guy :)

1) Is 45-48 the sweet spot range for limba users? I fluctuate between hinoki and koto blades and my sweetspot is 50-55 deg for hinoki and 51-53 deg for koto, so I’m curious to know for your strokes this is what feels right to you.

2) Do you regret some of these rubber purchases/trials after the fact as some are so similar? Or is the expenditure in time and or $ worth it in the end to get the experience? Over say getting coaching and rubber familiarity that would likely have meant your overall level would be currently higher/more advanced?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
If you play with your rubbers for 5 months, the rubber you have by month 5 will be completely different.

Also, surely if players want to be asked questions about their equipment, for this to be even slightly useful, you would need to upload a video of your playing level.

Finally, this whole 'I have equipment x, ask me anything' is a really weird new angle of forum-equipment-junkying...

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Finally, this whole 'I have equipment x, ask me anything' is a really weird new angle of forum-equipment-junkying...

I had a similar train of reaction hence my question 2) which is more self reflective for OP to consider. Maybe it’s a flex that I have used x amount and I have subjectively this x amount of knowledge as a result, though at the end of the day everyone has different ball feel, mechanics so we don’t know what we don’t know….

It seems to me you are a 45-48 deg hardness type of guy :)

1) Is 45-48 the sweet spot range for limba users? I fluctuate between hinoki and koto blades and my sweetspot is 50-55 deg for hinoki and 51-53 deg for koto, so I’m curious to know for your strokes this is what feels right to you.

2) Do you regret some of these rubber purchases/trials after the fact as some are so similar? Or is the expenditure in time and or $ worth it in the end to get the experience? Over say getting coaching and rubber familiarity that would likely have meant your overall level would be currently higher/more advanced?

1) For me 45 is a bit soft for forehand, but for me it’s perfect for backhand, and 50-55 is good for forehand. I find H3Neo 39 a bit hard for limba wood, but it’s all personal preference I guess.

2) Overall 75% of the rubbers listed are not even mine, and my club pays a X% of the rubbers cost (depending on brand and price), so I don’t really regret any of the purchases. But I wish I knew which hardness I preferred earlier, before I tested THAT many. Now my rubber choices are not only depending on performance, but also hardness.

Yes my level is intermediate to advanced, but I’m not from the US, so I can’t tell you what I am in USATT rating.

Is there a speed difference between Tenergy 05, 80, and 64?
Yes, Tenergy 05 and 80 are similar, but 05 has slightly more spin, and 80 slightly more speed. 64 is marginally faster, but also between slightly and marginally less spinny than the other two.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
T64 has lower, flatter, faster trajectory than T05. Feels softer.
Some say T80 is between these two but I don't have personal experience with it.

T64 has lower, flatter, faster trajectory than T05. Feels softer.
Some say T80 is between these two but I don't have personal experience with it.

What you say is true, and t80 is between the two, although more on the 05 side

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you play with your rubbers for 5 months, the rubber you have by month 5 will be completely different.

Also, surely if players want to be asked questions about their equipment, for this to be even slightly useful, you would need to upload a video of your playing level.

Personally i like this little AMA format. But yeah, any video would be helpful too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I know that many people have these rubbers, but I still want people to be able to ask if they have any questions about them, similarities and/or durability questions.

Ask as much as you want, there are no dumb questions!

Btw, both rubbers were glued on to a Michael Maze Magic (All+) blade, at the same time, using 2 layers of butterfly free chack glue. (One on the rubber sponge, one on the blade.)

I have used them both for about 5months now, so I have a little bit of experience, and I have also tried the following rubbers:
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 80
Tenergy 19
Tenergy 25
Xiom Omega and vega Europe
Hurricane 8
Rakza 7 soft, Rakza 7
Rakza Z
Victas 402 (limber and normal)
Victas V15 limber
Andro hexer grip and powergrip
Andro rasanter R48,47, 37 and 45
Victas Ventus extra
Dicnics 05 and An old sheet of 09c
Nittaku Fastarc G1
Rakza X and Xsoft
Stiga DNA pro H and M

Please keep in mind that the rubbers listed above, were not all tested on the same blades, but most of them tested on limba outer ply all+ blades.

If you have any questions about any of the rubbers listed, please ask, but keep in mind that this is my personal opinion and not a professional opinion.

Hi FinnEinar
I use Nittaku fastarc G-1 on FH and BH and I'm interested in how you view that rubber against all the others you have used

Hi FinnEinar
I use Nittaku fastarc G-1 on FH and BH and I'm interested in how you view that rubber against all the others you have used

Well, I think it’s defiantly one of the most, if not the most durable rubber I have ever tried. You can re glue it a million times without the sponge breaking, and it keeps good spin and speed characteristics for a loooong time.

I would say in terms of spin, it’s higher than the Tenergy series (mabye I paired Tenergy with a bad blade), higher than 402 and the Rakza series, and on par with Dignics and Rasanter series, although Dignics 09c has a bit higher spin out of the package.

Speed: It’s definitely not the fastest out there, but it’s also not slow. I would say it’s slower (but more controllable) than the Tenergy series, around the same speed (mabye a bit less bouncy) as the rasanter series. Faster than Rakza series, except for Rakza 9, which it is on par with.

Service: In my opinion this is one of the best, if not the best non-tacky non Chinese rubber to serve with. It’s easy as hell to keep serves short and spinny, or long and fast. The serves have a little less spin than the rasanter series, when they are both right out of the package, but after a few months G1 is superior cuz of the durability.

This rubber is NOT very spin sensitive, so for me flicks and open-ups are easy to do. Probably one of the least spin sensitive rubbers on this list.

Any more questions? Or did I answer them

Last edited:
Reactions: dh0llyw00d
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Well, I think it’s defiantly one of the most, if not the most durable rubber I have ever tried. You can re glue it a million times without the sponge breaking, and it keeps good spin and speed characteristics for a loooong time.

I would say in terms of spin, it’s higher than the Tenergy series (mabye I paired Tenergy with a bad blade), higher than 402 and the Rakza series, and on par with Dignics and Rasanter series, although Dignics 09c has a bit higher spin out of the package.

Speed: It’s definitely not the fastest out there, but it’s also not slow. I would say it’s slower (but more controllable) than the Tenergy series, around the same speed (mabye a bit less bouncy) as the rasanter series. Faster than Rakza series, except for Rakza 9, which it is on par with.

Service: In my opinion this is one of the best, if not the best non-tacky non Chinese rubber to serve with. It’s easy as hell to keep serves short and spinny, or long and fast. The serves have a little less spin than the rasanter series, when they are both right out of the package, but after a few months G1 is superior cuz of the durability.

This rubber is NOT very spin sensitive, so for me flicks and open-ups are easy to do. Probably one of the least spin sensitive rubbers on this list.

Any more questions? Or did I answer them

Thanks for your reply, very informative, much obliged

How similar is dig 05 to 09c.

is d05 tacky? how does it compare to H8 and h3neo

D05 is NOT tacky, and although they advertise D09c as tacky, it’s not even close to tacky, compared to hurricane series.

Speed:
Speed from best to worst: D05, D09c and a big jump downward to H8 and then H3Neo
D05 is the fastest out of the four, with D09c coming right behind. D09c has the same speed as T05, if that helps. The hurricane series really lacks in the speed department, and I would recommend boosting, unless you use it on a REALLY REALLY fast carbon blade. H8 is definitely faster than H3Neo, but it’s not a game changer. Both are still much slower than Dignics.

Spin:
The spin of these rubbers are similar ranked from best to worst: H3Neo, H8, D09c, D05
On services the spin difference is pretty big. The Hurricanes excel in this department, because of the tackiness. D09c and D05 are similar in service spin.

Sponge hardness: From hardest to ‘softest’ H8, H3Neo, D09c and D05.

Did I answer your questions? If not, please ask more

NDH

says Spin to win!
D09c has the same speed as T05, if that helps.

Oooooh, now this is controversial! 😂

I think this paints a less than true image of the two rubbers.

The only time I would say they are the same speed, is when you are close(ish) to the table, and play a quick attacking shot.

At every other time, I would say T05 is quicker than D09c.

Blocking: T05 is quicker due to the "trampoline" effect
Away from the table: T05 is quicker again
Touch shots: T05 is quicker/bouncier which amplifies the appearance of speed in T05 over D09c.

Love the rest of the answers, but just wanted to get that in there 😀

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Oooooh, now this is controversial! 😂

I think this paints a less than true image of the two rubbers.

The only time I would say they are the same speed, is when you are close(ish) to the table, and play a quick attacking shot.

At every other time, I would say T05 is quicker than D09c.

Blocking: T05 is quicker due to the "trampoline" effect
Away from the table: T05 is quicker again
Touch shots: T05 is quicker/bouncier which amplifies the appearance of speed in T05 over D09c.

Love the rest of the answers, but just wanted to get that in there 😀

I think sometimes what folks mean by comments like the OP's is that, with rubbers like D09C (i.e. Chinese-style, or hybrids along those lines) is that the greater control gives them more confidence to hit harder than they would with rubbers like T05 (i.e. bouncy/tensor rubbers) thus giving the impression that the rubbers are similar speed.

Technically, of course you are right that T05-like rubbers are generally faster than D09C-like rubbers. My guess is that the OP (and others) might mean that they end up playing similar speed shots - which may well be true - but it's because they're hitting harder (and possibly with better technique) and not because the rubber itself is that fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
how about rakza 7 soft
?

That one is quite different than Hurricanes, Dignics, T05...
Soft, low throw, good blocks and counters, control. It's much better BH rubber for me than FH.
Main difference is softness.

NDH

says Spin to win!

I think sometimes what folks mean by comments like the OP's is that, with rubbers like D09C (i.e. Chinese-style, or hybrids along those lines) is that the greater control gives them more confidence to hit harder than they would with rubbers like T05 (i.e. bouncy/tensor rubbers) thus giving the impression that the rubbers are similar speed.

Technically, of course you are right that T05-like rubbers are generally faster than D09C-like rubbers. My guess is that the OP (and others) might mean that they end up playing similar speed shots - which may well be true - but it's because they're hitting harder (and possibly with better technique) and not because the rubber itself is that fast.

It's difficult to know, and I appreciate a lot might get lost in translation.

But when I moved from T05 (which I'd used for years), to D09c..... There was a massive (MASSIVE) difference in speed.

D09c felt incredibly slow in comparison, especially when doing a simple knock up.

You get to feel more speed when you drop back and loop, but even then, the speed off the bat is still quite a bit less, but the extra spin and kick makes it all worth it!