List of high level short pimples FH long pimples BH players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Looking for videos of pro or any players male or female, who use short pimples on forehand and long pimples on backhand.
I assume this would be shakehands but any grip ok

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Looking for videos of pro or any players male or female, who use short pimples on forehand and long pimples on backhand.
I am very confident you will be hard pressed to find any high level players using this combi say in the WTT series. Look at the top 100 ITTF ranked players both male & female. There are most likely none.

However, you will find perhaps a few of these players in the local league, or the veteran / senior division.

Good luck with your search.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Looking for videos of pro or any players male or female, who use short pimples on forehand and long pimples on backhand.I assume this would be shakehands but any grip ok

Look for Kyoka IDESAWA. she was the Junior Champion in Japan in 2019 and in the same year became a World Team Junior Champion, although she lost her 2 matches against China in the final.she's using a Victas V102 (2mm) on FH and Curl P5V (0x) on BH

She is not quite a defensive player, but she relies more on variation and placement than speed or spin to win her points.
She is playing in Japanese T-League.

I think it will be difficult though for her to get excellent results at the senior level due to her style.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tipiak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Ni XiaLian, a ~55 year old female penholder uses short pips on one side and long pips on the other. I think she plays single sided and twiddles though, so I don’t know if you can describe one rubber as ‘forehand’ or ‘backhand’.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi