Tested Sanwei 75 ALC, GTX pro, and 729 Presto Speed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I bought this paddle for a friend, but I was able to test these equipment today.

Sanwei 75 ALC feels like a very good clone of the Viscaria. It has a balance of speed, flex, and feeling. I would say it has a similar feeling to Viscaria. It is fairly fast, but slower than the blades I have been using as of late (V14 Pro, Sanwei CC). I compared it to my Timo Boll ZLC, and I think its quite similar in terms of speed, flex, and feeling. Overall, a wonderful blade with good feeling and flex.

I got the GTX because some guys on the forum had good reviews of it, but I found it a huge disappointment. It's fairly tacky, but its not fast. It's quite slow, and has a dead feeling like H3. When I do a full stroke, of course you can still generate good speed and spin. But it's not a inherently bouncy rubber (like a Bloom Power). Some others have commented on the very strange sound and feeling, and I completely agree. It feels as if the rubber is not glued properly onto the blade, even though it is.

Friendship 729 Presto Max Speed is a rubber not often talked about, but I was curious to see how it is. In fact, it is a wonderful rubber. It is very fast and bouncy and has a good catapult feeling. Probably the fastest non-tacky Chinese rubber that I have tried. Slightly bouncier than AK47 with a overall better feeling. I got it for $22, and it would be a wonderful cheap alternative to tensors.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well I decided the GTX basically needs booster. Without booster, its really really dull and awkward. I put on a very thin layer of booster just in the center of the rubber. After about 30 minutes it had mostly dried. Without even gluing the sheet back on, rather I just pressed the sheet onto the blade to see how it would be, it's completely different. Booster completely transformed this rubber, and its far more bouncy now. And the weird sound and flat feeling is more normal now.

I'm not sure why this happens, but I've seen this happen before in other rubbers. It's almost as if the sponge is too dry and brittle, and needs some oil to lubricate the sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Actually booster really works miracles. You can take any hard, dull, slow rubber and transform it instantly with booster. It keeps the spinny topsheet while transforming the sponge into bouncy sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
How'd you find the presto's spin? I remember I had trouble lifting backspin with it, especially by brush looping. It was fine for SP style flat hitting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I didn't specifically test lifting backspin, but I'm quite certain it would have no issues with that shot. Overall spin was fine. I don't think it spins as much as ESN rubbers that have almost a magic formula. Presto spin is probably more linear in nature, but I try to get spin from my technique rather than the rubber. So its fine for me.

Just based on looping against topspin, I think it performed excellently.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I played more with the Sanwei 75 ALC, and it is a really nice underfollowed blade. I think it really is very similar to Viscaria and and TB ALC.

I think people will really appreciate the flex and the feeling from the blade. I have a TB ZLC which I really praised for its great flex and feeling. The 75 ALC is really similar. It's also very light and maneuverable.

V14 Pro is often mentioned as a TB ALC clone. V14 Pro is faster and a little stiffer and little harder than 75. 75 also has smaller, more comfortable handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I didnt specifically measure weight, but i can tell its fairly light. Definitely not heavy.

The speed is similar to ak47 red, but with more elastic feel. Its labeled as 46 degree hardness, which is same as ak47 red. But in reality, its much softer. Softness is more similar to ak47 blue despite being labeled 46.

Reactions: Kolev