French player searching a club and a law internship opportunity

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Hi everyone !

I'm writing this message because I have some special request (i don't really know if I'm at the good place😅) .
I'm French, 21, and actually play in French fifth division (National 3). I'm ranked around the top 1100 of players in France. I'm finishing my studies in business law this year (master's degree), and I would like to improve my English and discover a new culture during the next year (and next season), thanks to an internship or work, and table tennis.
So, I'm asking if someone may have some place for my law work, and I can come to play for the club !
It may be a bottle in the sea, but you can know someone who know someone ... Don't hesitate to contact me by private message for more information!!

Thanks for your help,
Nicolas

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi everyone !

I'm writing this message because I have some special request (i don't really know if I'm at the good place😅) .
I'm French, 21, and actually play in French fifth division (National 3). I'm around number 1100 player in France. I'm finishing my studies in business law this year (master's degree), and I would like to improve my English and discover a new culture during the next year (and next season), thanks to an internship and table tennis.
So, I'm asking if someone may have some place for my law work, and I can come to play for the club !
It may be a bottle in the sea, but you can know someone who know someone ... Don't hesitate to contact me by private message for more information!!

Thanks for your help,
Nicolas

PS: He means he's in the top 1100 of players in France, so around USATT 2200-2300 rating if this helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

PS: He means he's in the top 1100 of players in France, so around USATT 2200-2300 rating if this helps.

I am pretty sure that someone in the top 1100 in France would have a USTT rating of at least 2400 - 2500.

I have the FFTT app and looked up ratings of different players. To be in the top 1100 in France, your FFTT rating would be at least 2010 points (French points). And would be a suitable player for N3 in the French leagues.

I have played in the last 5 years in over 25 different National and regional tournaments in France as well as many matches in the French leagues. I have also played in many USATT tournaments. I know both systems well.

For example......There was a player who had a true USATT rating of about 2300. He also played many matches in France over a period of a few years and had a true FFTT rating of about 1800.

While I appreciate your knowledge, I think you are shortchanging Nicholas by about 200 USATT points.

The real moral of the story...........There are so many really good players in France compared to the USA. A player who is rated in the top 1000 players in France would probably be in the top 50 or 100 in the USA.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi everyone !

I'm French, 21, and actually play in French fifth division (National 3). I'm ranked around the top 1100 of players in France. I'm finishing my studies in business law this year (master's degree), and I would like to improve my English and discover a new culture during the next year (and next season), thanks to an internship or work, and table tennis.

Thanks for your help,
Nicolas

Where are you currently residing? What country? City? Region?

Is where you are residing also where you are looking for the club and the law internship?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

Where are you currently residing? What country? City? Region?

Is where you are residing also where you are looking for the club and the law internship?

I think it's pretty clear Nicolas "actually" resides in France, where he "actually" plays in the Nationale 3 league. So I'm afraid both your questions won't help him at all.

To me it's obvious he does not really care where he'll land as long as the place will be able to satisfy both of his wishes: english spoken place with law internship and TT is all that matters here, and it seems obvious he'll go to any place that fullfills his expectations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Now maybe these questions might help:

- are you searching for a paid internship ? or an unpaid one doesn't bother you ?
- summer internship only ? or for a whole year ?

If it's for summer only PwC offers some legal internship in London, for example. Your expertise in TT could be nice for them as they've been the review company for the WTT when some "problems" happened between the WTT and the DTTB (German Federation).

There are many TT clubs in London of course, Fusion being one of the most advanced playing in the 2 best divisions of the British League (Premiership and Championship).

Edit: BTW I "think" I know who you are, seen the video from your french club vs Nantes St Medard, that around the net forehand counter top spin in the last double match was freaking awesome ! guys if you need someone why that kind of "Dima's ferocious backhand", you can hire him eyes closed !!

Last edited: