Carbon blade for long pips

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
This may be a silly question but I've never played with pips before and would like to try chopping with long pips. I have many blades but they are all carbon offensive blades. I would prefer not to buy a new blade for the long pips as it's just experimental. Is chopping with long pips doable with a carbon blade? It seems like most choppers use slower all wood blades.

Also, of the current blades that I have which do you think would be the best to use for chopping with long pips?

-Timo Boll ALC
-Viscaria
-Xiom AZX
-Tibhar Kinetic Speed
-Stiga Dynasty Carbon
-DHS HL5
-Viscaria Super ALC
-Zhang Jike SZLC

Thanks for your input

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
This may be a silly question but I've never played with pips before and would like to try chopping with long pips. I have many blades but they are all carbon offensive blades. I would prefer not to buy a new blade for the long pips as it's just experimental. Is chopping with long pips doable with a carbon blade? It seems like most choppers use slower all wood blades.

Also, of the current blades that I have which do you think would be the best to use for chopping with long pips?

-Timo Boll ALC
-Viscaria
-Xiom AZX
-Tibhar Kinetic Speed
-Stiga Dynasty Carbon
-DHS HL5
-Viscaria Super ALC
-Zhang Jike SZLC

Thanks for your input

your best bet might be dynasty carbon? I've seen a 2k player somewhat emulate a xu xin style with, chopping and etc... However most of these blades are considered fast with relatively shorter dwell time as compared to something that is all wood.

The idea of an all wood blade is that it has more dwell and more effective on spin reversal, while carbon is the opposite- less dwell, more speed.

DHS 08X is the only blade I can name out of the top of my head that IS a defensive carbon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
DHS 08X is not a defensive carbon blade at all, way too much fast, it's faster than the Butterfly Gionis Carbon ALL+, I'd rather pick that one for an allround modern defensive game, and it's affordable. The blades you own don't fit in a defensive long pips game, way too much fast ones.

The good thing is defensive blades are much more affordable compared to offensive ones with carbon. If you can find one that is already used on the secondhand market, it's a good way to try the right blade that would cost pennies only...

https://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?pid=b-gionis-c-ap

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
I know someone who plays with Long Pips on a Michael Maze .. He's a high-level club player.. Plays mostly close to table, but will move away and chop, occasionally ..

Another club-m8 plays with LP on a Timo Boll ALC. She's more of a push-blocker...I

Also know of a club-level double-inverted chopper, who plays with a Timo Boll ALC

From the options you've mentioned, you could try a 0.5mm - 0.7mm sponged LP on the Timo Boll ALC...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
I know someone who plays with Long Pips on a Michael Maze .. He's a high-level club player.. Plays mostly close to table, but will move away and chop, occasionally ..

Another club-m8 plays with LP on a Timo Boll ALC. She's more of a push-blocker...I

Also know of a club-level double-inverted chopper, who plays with a Timo Boll ALC

From the options you've mentioned, you could try a 0.5mm - 0.7mm sponged LP on the Timo Boll ALC...

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into it.