Anyone play with the XVT ALC Dragon

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
How was the speed of the Huieson ALC?

if you are replying to my post # 39 I know it is difficult to read.
When I wrote the post I made it in 3 sections with big spaces between them but this website squeeeezed it all together in to one lump.

I just posted the url of the ALC Huieson because I liked the look of it.

The 2 Huieson I bought because i wanted the handles were just the 5 ply "el-cheapo" blades. BUT they are well made blades and with
some Hurricane 3 glued on just for a laugh they played well. Just another proof that one does not have to spend mega $$$$$$ to get a decent blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
I dont think my V14 pro is slow, it seems faster than Viscaria. But I just think the CC has more rebound and elasticity when you play a little bit off the table.

Yeah yeah .. I agree .. V14, to me seemed a notch or 2 faster than and even bouncier than Viscaria/TBALC .. Infact, I found it comparatively harder to control too.. V14 may be similar in composition to Viscaria/TBALC, but the feel and play is not the same..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well its thicker than TB ALC, so its a little faster and a little stiffer. But I prefer it to Butterfly, because I like the extra little speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
But don't you have 4 CC's? Are they all slower than your V14 Pro?

I dont think my V14 pro is slow, it seems faster than Viscaria. But I just think the CC has more rebound and elasticity when you play a little bit off the table.

The other 3 CCs belong to my wife and kids and all wear Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin rubbers. My V14 Pro has Mercury 2, so that's what I put on my CC to compare the two blades. That way I wouldn't be comparing apples to oranges since the only difference would be the blades themselves.
The CCs do play better wearing the T88 Ultra Spin rubbers, IMO, and all play very similarly to one another.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

The other 3 CCs belong to my wife and kids and all wear Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin rubbers. My V14 Pro has Mercury 2, so that's what I put on my CC to compare the two blades. That way I wouldn't be comparing apples to oranges since the only difference would be the blades themselves.
The CCs do play better wearing the T88 Ultra Spin rubbers, IMO, and all play very similarly to one another.

Did you ever end up getting the XVT? Could you tell us how it plays?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
So how was the XVT ALC Dragon in the end? Was it thicker than the typical Viscaria structure? It's listed at 6.0mm. If that is indeed true, its quite a bit thicker than the 5.7mm Viscaria.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 2 reviews
I don't have huge hands by any stretch of the imagination, but I can't stand small grips. Guess that takes DHS off the table for me!
l have used a XVT ZLC KOTO for a while a few years back , Its a hard fast blade the third layer is not koto , it was 20 dollars ,its a clone of the JIKE butterfly ZLC blade that costs 300 dollars , seems very similar even the the handle design is the same as the butterfly JIKE , some one who used the JIKE ZLC said hardly any difference ..the XVT was harder stiffer by a tad bit less feeling !! was very happy with it , when l bought another one { l use a straight handle the second handle was quite a bit thinner don't know why ] gave it away , had to change to a thicker handle .seems like asian blades have thinner handle s, cos of smaller players bodies . l now use Stiga they have large straight handles l use a Carbonado 290..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Im sure xvt blades are fine in general, but as a clone blade, they seem to fall short.

I asked a seller to measure the alc dragon thickness, and it came out to be 6.3mm

I believe viscaria is 5.7mm, so obviously its way off.