Anyone play with the XVT ALC Dragon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I currently own a Yinhe V14 Pro which is pretty fast. I've read the Yinhe Pro-01 is slightly slower, and closer to the Viscaria, due to the slightly thicker koto outer layer. I was thinking about picking one up to try but then came across the XVT ALC Dragon which also appears to have outer ALC with a thicker outer ply of koto. Has anyone on here ever hit with one?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
That's good to hear especially considering their super low selling prices. Which XVT models do you have experience with?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
The only thing I can say is how impressed I am with the XVT blades I've bought so far. Haven't tried the ALC Dragon yet, but it is still on my shopping list .

Which XVT blades have you tried and what did you like about them?

I tried XVT just once from a mate. It had a rather old Palio HK1997 Gold rubber on the FH, but when I tried to hit with it, all my shots went directly into the net. It had the lowest throw angle, the hardest, stiffest feeling that I ever had. I thought it was a really bad blade.

I later asked XVT, and they said their blades are made Koto-ALC-Koto-Core. So its very unusual that they use Koto as the medial layer, I dont know if that contributed to the overly stiff feeling and low throw angle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Interesting. So all of their koto ALC blades also have koto as the third layer? I also have my eyes on their DHS 301 clone (XVT Rage) which has an inner kevlar carbon construction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I think they said the XVT Rage is something like Koto-Koto-ALC.

So, for some reason, they tend to use Koto as their third layer. Honestly if you have the V14 Pro, I think you shouldn't buy XVT. Its probably worse and adds nothing for you. DHS itself is already quite cheap, just get a Fang Bo or a 301.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I think they said the XVT Rage is something like Koto-Koto-ALC.

So, for some reason, they tend to use Koto as their third layer. Honestly if you have the V14 Pro, I think you shouldn't buy XVT. Its probably worse and adds nothing for you. DHS itself is already quite cheap, just get a Fang Bo or a 301.

I'm sure DHS does make good blades, but they're still more than double the price of a lot of XVT blades for the "same" thing. If I'm rolling the dice, I'd rather only risk $26 instead of $60.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Ok well let us know how it is! I would also love to get a XVT blade if it is good.

Also if you really want to go for a bargain, the Sanwei CC is $12 and is one of the best blades I have ever tried. If I had to play a match to save my life, I would probably pick the CC at $12 over any Butterfly blade that I have tried, including TB ALC, ZJK ALC, Viscaria, Innerforce ZLC, Harimoto ALC.

It really is an incredibly good blade for insanely cheap price. The only blade that I think might be better (for me) is HL5 or Fang Bo Carbon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
I am playing with 2 different XVT blades - Balsa Hinoki Carbon, and XVT Black Knight 7.. Both super cheap blades..

The build quality of both blades is fairly decent, considering the low price ..

The Black Knight 7, which I bought for $9, is a OFF+, stiff & hard blade.. Excellent at flat-hits, and blocks. I can produce some killer top-spins, with a bit of technique adjustment.. Even though it's hard and stiff, it's surprisingly good @ pushing too ..

The Balsa Hinoki Carbon, cost around $20. This is a 10mm thick, but super light-weight blade .. Mine weighs-in at just 62gms ..However, it can pack-in fair amount of punch.. I'd say it's a solid OFF- ... I feel, the blade is meant to be used with (Long) pips, on one side (which I do). I tried it with inverted on both sides, and it just felt weird. I feel this blade can block anything thrown at it - no matter how hard or spinny. Hitting with this blade, is effortless.. Topspns are farily spinny, and require a bit of technique adjustment... The blade seems a tad jumpy, when pushing. All-in-all a complete joy to play with ..

Both blades, seem to have a smaller than average head-size..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I am playing with 2 different XVT blades - Balsa Hinoki Carbon, and XVT Black Knight 7.. Both super cheap blades..

The Black Knight 7, which I bought for $9, is a OFF+, stiff & hard blade.. Excellent at flat-hits, and blocks. I can produce some killer top-spins, with a bit of technique adjustment.. Even though it's hard and stiff, it's surprisingly good @ pushing too ..

The Balsa Hinoki Carbon, cost around $20. This is a 10mm thick, but super light-weight blade .. Mine weighs-in at just 62gms ..However, it can pack-in fair amount of punch.. I'd say it's a solid OFF- ... I feel, the blade is meant to be used with (Long) pips, on one side (which I do). I tried it with inverted on both sides, and it just felt weird. I feel this blade can block anything thrown at it - no matter how hard or spinny. Hitting with this blade, is effortless.. Topspns are farily spinny, and require a bit of technique adjustment... The blade seems a tad jumpy, when pushing. All-in-all a complete joy to play with ..

What a coincidence. I also bought the same blades and my opinion is more or less the same. Then I gave them away to two friends who felt in love with the feeling .
Black Knight 7carbon +/-80g feels like Off-, quite spinny,with astonishing sense of control.
Balsa Carbon Hinoki 70g, pure Off do it all blade. .Good choice for ppl on a budget who like Balsa/Carbon
The Black knight 7 carbon plays great with every rubber we had on and gives me one of the best combination with H3Nprov so far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
I currently own a Yinhe V14 Pro which is pretty fast. I've read the Yinhe Pro-01 is slightly slower, and closer to the Viscaria, due to the slightly thicker koto outer layer. I was thinking about picking one up to try but then came across the XVT ALC Dragon which also appears to have outer ALC with a thicker outer ply of koto. Has anyone on here ever hit with one?

have you considered the v14 (non pro version). For a while it's been said that it plays more like the viscaria than the pro14 does.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

have you considered the v14 (non pro version). For a while it's been said that it plays more like the viscaria than the pro14 does.

I have not. I was under the impression they were virtually the same thing with the Pro version being made with slightly higher quality wood. Is that not correct?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

I've looked at the Black Knight 7, but my issue with it is the weight. I prefer my blades to be around 90 grams, and both of the ones you mentioned come in well below that, unfortunately.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Ok well let us know how it is! I would also love to get a XVT blade if it is good.

Also if you really want to go for a bargain, the Sanwei CC is $12 and is one of the best blades I have ever tried. If I had to play a match to save my life, I would probably pick the CC at $12 over any Butterfly blade that I have tried, including TB ALC, ZJK ALC, Viscaria, Innerforce ZLC, Harimoto ALC.

It really is an incredibly good blade for insanely cheap price. The only blade that I think might be better (for me) is HL5 or Fang Bo Carbon.

I like the Sanwei CC, which is why I bought one each for the whole family, but it's not my favorite.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
IMG%2020220408%20085121%20jpg.jpeg

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well xvt may not be bad, but if youre looking to clone the viscaria, xvt will be far off i think. The yinhe pro 01 will be very close I believe.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Well xvt may not be bad, but if youre looking to clone the viscaria, xvt will be far off i think. The yinhe pro 01 will be very close I believe.

Today surprisingly i found a pretty decent and fitting review of the pro 01. Maybe this help the other guys out. Especially because this guy plays really well and seema to be able to compare a shitload of chinese blades. Very interesting videos from him.

https://youtu.be/Tk5rtUxml4c