Baby oil plus booster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I have a H3neo that i applied baby oil to, then subsequently 2 layers of booster. I found that the effect was great.

Then another new sheet of reactor tornado v5 i didnt apply baby oil, but just 2 layers of booster. This one did not have a strong effect.

Do you think just this rubber doesnt respond well to booster? Or does maybe the combination actually provide increased performance?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
try to be methodical, then I actually believe you will find the answers to your question yourself.
For example : You are comparing 1 process with the NEO to a different process using reactor tornado v5.
This really is like the proverbial """Comparing apples with oranges"""

To get the proper answers you would have to stick not only to the same process BUT also use 2 virginal , brand new, identical rubbers.
Of course we already know that rubbers behave differently to boosting, some like it - some do not.

I hope what I wrote makes sense to you and I hope that i am not too harsh on you 😂

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
try to be methodical, then I actually believe you will find the answers to your question yourself.
For example : You are comparing 1 process with the NEO to a different process using reactor tornado v5.

To get the proper answers you would have to stick not only to the same process BUT also use 2 virginal , brand new, identical rubbers.
Of course we already know that rubbers behave differently to boosting, some like it - some do not.

I hope what I wrote makes sense to you and I hope that i am not too harsh on you 😂
It makes sense to me. :)

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
I have a H3neo that i applied baby oil to, then subsequently 2 layers of booster. I found that the effect was great.

Then another new sheet of reactor tornado v5 i didnt apply baby oil, but just 2 layers of booster. This one did not have a strong effect.

Do you think just this rubber doesnt respond well to booster? Or does maybe the combination actually provide increased performance?

It just depends on the sponge. I used baby oil on hurricane 3 neo and found great results from it. I used baby oil on my hurricane 8 and it hardly domed. There was no catapult unlike h3 when boosted. It was just a softer rubber, which was easier to spin.

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I wouldn't do both. Baby oil and booster are both oils that are essentially do the same but the real booster is more efficient because it evaporates more easily.

If you put on both oils the baby oil will compete with the booster for soaking in meaning less actual booster will soak into the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I've done some variations using Baby oil + booster on H3Neo, H3Neo red 37° and Friendship Battle II Blue Sponge: baby oil is excellent if you need something to tame the booster, I've found that the 50/50 proportion was good for the H3Neo red, and the 75% booster / 25% baby oil on the forehand with either H3neo black mid version or the Friendship BII BS 39° were good for my needs.

Baby oil alone will only dome and stretch the rubber a very lil' bit, soften the sponge of course, but it won't do much for speed. It's ok if you need to adjust a short rubber to a blade.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I've done some variations using Baby oil + booster on H3Neo, H3Neo red 37° and Friendship Battle II Blue Sponge: baby oil is excellent if you need something to tame the booster, I've found that the 50/50 proportion was good for the H3Neo red, and the 75% booster / 25% baby oil on the forehand with either H3neo black mid version or the Friendship BII BS 39° were good for my needs.

Baby oil alone will only dome and stretch the rubber a very lil' bit, soften the sponge of course, but it won't do much for speed. It's ok if you need to adjust a short rubber to a blade.

Interesting, I never MIXED baby-oil and booster together , I did however applied one item after the other.
One should always make sure that the application of either layer (booster or oil) will have completely dried before
applying the next layer.I
I did mix baby-oil together with semi-synthetic motorbike oil and that worked great 😁
I also added a few drops of essence of Frankincense to make it smell nice..................hell, iffen it was good enough for the baby Jesus
it is good enough for my mixture.😆

• Haha
Reactions: ricospin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

Its only... oils, so they mix perfectly, it's not like mixing oil + water based glue for example. I'm a kind of healthy eater/cooker, so I've mixed many oils possible, I've even tried canola oil + booster oil mix to make it last even longer... I know it sounds a bit... stupid ! but as I'm not a engineer I just.. try things.

The canola/booster mix was not that... awesome, the speed lasted maybe 2 weeks more, I've read guys boosting H3's with canola oil and to their experience the rubber's speed would last a year at least... some people write things on forums you know...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

of course, scientifically I know exactly what you mean, but I don't want to waste a few rubbers just to prove this point. So that's why I am just asking if anybody might have an insight into this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I wouldn't do both. Baby oil and booster are both oils that are essentially do the same but the real booster is more efficient because it evaporates more easily.

If you put on both oils the baby oil will compete with the booster for soaking in meaning less actual booster will soak into the rubber.

Well in my case, I put the baby oil on the H3 some 3 months ago. So it domed and stayed permanently domed, but by now the oil has all dried up. Then recently I put 2 layers of booster on it, and it became very high tensioned and bouncy. But I just wonder, maybe the initial expansion from the baby oil sort of prepped the rubber to take in the booster, and that's why it produced such good results.

The Tornado rubber didn't have the initial prepping from the baby oil, so maybe that's why it didn't react much to the booster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
The baby oil does indeed dome a H3 for some time, not as much dome as a true booster oil would do but it can last some months I agree. That's why I've mixed them both.