Budget Setup for returning newbie : Sanwei CC or Power G-7 or V14pro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Hi all,I hve been browsing the threads and learnt several insights. Very informative forum.Im starting to get back into the game after 10-15 years (i use to play TT in school team) and im looking for a budget setup that wont break the bankI used to own Stiga Offensive Classic back in the day but i have retired it. With the chinese blades and rubber (mercury 2, 9000e, AK47) coming up, its really interesting to know what i can put together.Sanwei CC: my top choice as it is really cost effective - What would be a cost effective chinese rubber ?Power G-7 : My second choice as i've read good things about it. Would a faster rubber like AK47 work?V14 pro:My last choice because of the cost but its so well made: Thanks so much for your inputs!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you want something close to the Stiga OC, get the Yinhe Earth for $20. very cheap, high control blade. If you want a faster offensive blade, CC would be excellent choice.

For rubber, you could get AK47, or Moon Speed, or even Ckylin Pro.

Reactions: MaruGOD
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Thanks guys,

I was thinking of the CC as I have never tried carbon ply blade. May I venture slightly further into Sanwei F3 pro?

The fextra and Power G7 were my initial choicesa as it's all wood ply.

I may get one carbon ply and one wood ply to see the difference.
Hopefully it would be a blade that I can grow into as I progress 😃 otherwise , I'll be ejing again lol

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you just had to pick one, I would go for the F3 Pro if you don't mind the extra cost. CC is best for cost-performance and nothing comes close. F3 Pro is NOT 3 times better. But F3 pro probably does have overall higher quality construction and materials.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Again, awesome inputs Micheal!

I'll go with a simple setup on CC with AK-47 yellow(FH) and AK 47 blue (BH) to try things out

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
That sounds like an excellent setup. If I could make 1 tiny change, go with Red on FH! and Blue on BH.

Red feels closer to a true tensor.

Reactions: spyglass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Good choice going with the CC. To me, it has the slightly dampened feel of inner carbon but the power level and control of a 7 ply all wood blade. Actually, my Sanwei V5 Pro (7 ply all wood) is faster than any of the CCs I've purchased. All that being said, the good news is if you end up hating the CC you'll only be out $12!

Reactions: spyglass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Since you're a returning newbie, an all-wood blade would be the best to regain ball feeling and rhythm. Beside PG7 you can check out some other Clipper clone blades like: Loki Violent V7, Sanwei Fextra, Yinhe 437 Pro, these are around the same price, even cheaper than PG7. For rubbers, I think it's better to play with medium hardness (<40 deg)

Reactions: MaruGOD