Nexy etika vs popular hybrids

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
I have not tried the etika.. But based on the reviews it seems that it can be considered in the hybrid category but much closer to the euro side compared to dignics 09c or other hybrids.

The tibhar k3 also has this characteristic in that it is closer to the euro side compared to other hybrids.

So i suspect that the etika and k3 might be very similar can anyone who has tried both these rubbers give a review or comparison, thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I have tried Etika and K1... totally different rubbers. Etika is not a sticky rubber, it is very grippy though.
Totally agree.
Etika is not a hybrid rubber as in "China style topsheet meets Tensor/Spring/etc. sponge".
For me it represents what was expected from Japanese rubbers. Enough speed, very good spin, not too bouncy, more STIGA Mantra than TIBHAR Evolution.

• Love
Reactions: Der_Echte and Bz26
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
On a similar note, when I was given a chance to try K1 (in harder Plus sponge) I was highly impressed... one of the few rubbers I could play with on both wings.

I tried the softer Euro version, it plays harder than soft and the harder plus plays softer... to me, I could operate both just as easy... impressed me so much I made K1 my BH rubber (cannot update my sig... wont finish saving) I simply can do everything well with it (my most common shot situations).

Reactions: Bz26
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Another thing... using Etika 51 for 6 months plus REALLY helped my FH impact... so much that when I tried an old bat with a 2 yr old sheet of MX-K 47 that it sounded like it was speed glued... and performed like that. So, I switched back from Etika to MX-K 47. Prolly gunna stay that way for a while to come.

Etika is not the absolute optimal rubber for me, but it is in the top 1-2 percent of possible rubbers for me and I certainly grew level using it. I say that as a fat and 55 yr old dude who has been 2000 rated for a couple years... that category of player generally does not improve much if at all.

Reactions: Bz26
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
(cannot update my sig... wont finish saving)

Hi there Der, click on your avatar top-right, then click on "General Settings" (not on Personal Details), and then when the page appears, on the left side you see "My Settings" - click there on the "Edit Profile". The <Save> works fine there.

I want to see your current setup!!!