Who has tried Loki N80?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Although i am not quite sure why we are comparing non boosted H3 to anything (H3 unboosted is not a rubber for anyone who has an attacking playstyle and is capable of looping and topspinning propperly), but BD just not comparable to H3 unboosted^^
Some amateurs say BD is close to H3 boosted but in my experience BD lacks the spin and the same arc of H3.

But guys srsly, if are not capable of giving average parameters, then at least try it with different kind of shots or dont do it at all. With no technique in the world you are capable of shooting a ball faster with an unboosted H3 than with a BD - period.

Sadly i havent tested the N80. The reason for that was, that is has the same hardness than the GTX Pro and the sponge seems to be pretty much the same so i didnt expect much difference here.

Actually the only rubber i am still curious about is the T3. The sponge has way bigger pores and is softer too. The only thing that bothers me here is the lower spin rating by Loki itself. If the spin level is srsly below the GTX Pro then this is by far not a good rubber.

That is true for H3. H3 Neo in my experience is not that bad after 2-3 days.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Although i am not quite sure why we are comparing non boosted H3 to anything (H3 unboosted is not a rubber for anyone who has an attacking playstyle and is capable of looping and topspinning propperly), but BD just not comparable to H3 unboosted^^
Some amateurs say BD is close to H3 boosted but in my experience BD lacks the spin and the same arc of H3.

But guys srsly, if are not capable of giving average parameters, then at least try it with different kind of shots or dont do it at all. With no technique in the world you are capable of shooting a ball faster with an unboosted H3 than with a BD - period.

Sadly i havent tested the N80. The reason for that was, that is has the same hardness than the GTX Pro and the sponge seems to be pretty much the same so i didnt expect much difference here.

Actually the only rubber i am still curious about is the T3. The sponge has way bigger pores and is softer too. The only thing that bothers me here is the lower spin rating by Loki itself. If the spin level is srsly below the GTX Pro then this is by far not a good rubber.
BD is factory tuned, so I can see what you are saying about comparing it to unboosted H3 but you still can compare. Fairly??
it’s like saying you can’t compare T05 ( which BTY say isn’t booted ) to R48 which is factory tuned.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
BD is factory tuned, so I can see what you are saying about comparing it to unboosted H3 but you still can compare. Fairly??
it’s like saying you can’t compare T05 ( which BTY say isn’t booted ) to R48 which is factory tuned.

I should have gone more into detail of why these are not very comparable.
H3 unboosted is way more of a controlled, damn slow rubber. Probably more of an allround rubber. BD on the other hand is already quite bouncy compared to many other chinese rubbers, and you can generate some speed with low effort with it.
I mean H3 unboosted belongs in a different category of rubber imo.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Perhaps BD is more like a Hybrid?
How long does the BD factory tuning last? And does it then revert back to a more classic Chinese type rubber?

I never played that long with a BD but one of my trainingpartners still has his close to one year old BD.
I guess you switch 2 ongoing processes. The fading tuningeffect with the smth like a break-in phase. I tested the rubber after it was half a year old and it still was okish for a decent fh rubber. I could still topspin and loop with it with a decent quality. And it is still tacky.

@Kuba that is actually the dealbreaker for me. The batches of BD are way too different (known problem with the normal BD - not so much with the BD 2 and 3) which results in different feel and spin quality of different batches. And that is not ok.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Yes, BD is a hybrid.

In my experience, it never reverts back to unboosted state. It keeps its speed permanently. I have BD sheets over 5 years old that is still fast.

H3N is also factory tuned. So it IS fair to compare. In any case, I'm just asking for the rubber straight out of the package, with no additional treatment.

And like Attitude said, it is virtually impossible that H3N is faster than BD.

I have a T3, and I like it a lot. It's a nice BH rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

To me the T3 was a stiffer, faster, quite grippy rubber that didn't fit my forehand. I couldn't generate very high spin in my loops, but for backhand, fast blocking game it would work nicely.

The N80 and GTX isn't the same at all. The N80 is more like H3N and Big Dipper while GTX is a bouncier rubber with good grip and a bit softer feel, but brushing the ball works much better with N80 than GTX.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well here we go again. I had a GTX that i thought would be bouncy because some people said so, but it was very dead out of package. Booster transforms it though.

Mocker are you testing the rubbers out of package? Or after boosting?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
To give you a sense of the speed of BD, I once was hitting topspin loops against a guy with a borrowed HL5 with almost new D09c.

Then I switched over to a MLEO blade with Big Dipper on it. Immediately my opponent commentated how much faster this racket was.

Nobody would ever say this about H3N. So to say the H3N is faster than BD is just ludicrous to me. I suspect that Mocker tried H3N and BD very far apart, and completely forgot what the comparison is actually like. Or maybe he was using a heavily boosted H3N.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
To give you a sense of the speed of BD, I once was hitting topspin loops against a guy with a borrowed HL5 with almost new D09c.

Then I switched over to a MLEO blade with Big Dipper on it. Immediately my opponent commentated how much faster this racket was.

Nobody would ever say this about H3N. So to say the H3N is faster than BD is just ludicrous to me. I suspect that Mocker tried H3N and BD very far apart, and completely forgot what the comparison is actually like. Or maybe he was using a heavily boosted H3N.

Well. I think it very much depend on how you hit you topspin loops, and how your blade works with the rubber, angles, force etc. I believe that there are millions of different values of parameters to be calculated, depending on how exactly a certain blade combined with a certain rubber/sponge is functioning together with a certain players strokes, and I think that's why we experience rubbers so differently.

I could play much faster topspins with a H3/H3N than with any BD, this combined with a blade like Yinhe V14 PRO or DHS Power G5X, which I've been using lately. Of course I have boosted all rubbers with Seamoon 2-3 layers. I use both H3, H3N and BD regularly all the time. H3/H3N 40/41deg always on forehand. BD 38/39deg backhand, and BD 39deg forehand, so I've used them quite recently.

I could just say that I'm wrong and you're right, but where's the fun in that? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well if you boost H3, then yeah think the difference would be much smaller. They might feel similar in speed. So maybe that's why we are talking in different languages.

But just take a H3N out of package, and take a BD out of package, without any additional booster, and they are night and day. BD is much much faster.

Next time, just try playing a H3N out of package and a BD out of package. If you still think that H3N is faster, I will give you my car.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Well if you boost H3, then yeah think the difference would be much smaller. They might feel similar in speed. So maybe that's why we are talking in different languages.

But just take a H3N out of package, and take a BD out of package, without any additional booster, and they are night and day. BD is much much faster.

Next time, just try playing a H3N out of package and a BD out of package. If you still think that H3N is faster, I will give you my car.

Thank you. Is it a Prius? :)

I've played a lot with H3N, BD and Skyline TG2 NEO on exactly the same blade. For a while the TG2N suited me better than H3N because it was a tiny bit slower and had similar spin potential. When playing on harder floors, like wood my loops tended to go long with the TG2N 39deg, and even harder to place on the table with H3N 39deg. Then I had my third setup with BD 38deg on forehand, and that gave me a shorter trajectory, a bit higher arc, and made it much easier to hit the table. This was before my booster era, so out of the box, unboosted. :)