Who has tried Loki N80?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I'm looking for some good reviews on the Loki N80, but I get a lot of mixed messages. Some people say that it is very similar in look and feel as H3N, which is very slow rubber.

Some people say it's similar to Big Dipper, which is quite a fast rubber. So I don't know what to believe. Revspin has a 9.1 speed rating, but I have found Revspin to be hit or miss with reviews.

So has anybody used it and can provide a clear summary of its characteristics, particularly the rebound/bounciness.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
A good quality product from Loki, For me it’s very similar to H3Neo, maybe a tad quicker, spin very similar!! bounce test similar!! tackinesss similar!!! Maybe slightly softer.

If you like N3Neo, then you should like N80!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well, I like H3N boosted, but I detest it unboosted. It's way too slow unboosted, so I'm not surprised that even CNT players boost it until the pimples are popping out.

So, just to confirm what you are saying, are you saying that N80 has the same slow/dead bounce as H3N?

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Well, I like H3N boosted, but I detest it unboosted. It's way too slow unboosted, so I'm not surprised that even CNT players boost it until the pimples are popping out.

So, just to confirm what you are saying, are you saying that N80 has the same slow/dead bounce as H3N?

The sheets I tried, yep very similar bounce, you will have to boost it. I didn’t, so I don’t know how it plays boosted.
The sponge looks virtually the same as H3Neo’s,
I used N3Neo provincial unboosted as well, so both were on even ground as it were.

If you don’t want to boost and want a bit more bounce then H8-80 is your better option.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
So some people said that N80 is similar to Big Dipper, are you saying they are just wrong?

On Revspin people have given N80 a 9.1 rating for speed, are you saying they are just wrong?

It sounds like you are quite sure of your assessment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
So some people said that N80 is similar to Big Dipper, are you saying they are just wrong?

On Revspin people have given N80 a 9.1 rating for speed, are you saying they are just wrong?

It sounds like you are quite sure of your assessment.

I have a little chart of my own, and
H3N, 39deg is for me: Speed: 8.3/10 - Spin: 8.7/10 - Control: 7.5/10
LOKI N80 is: Speed: 8/10 - Spin: 8.3/10 - Control: 7.7/10
Big Dipper 38deg is: Speed: 7.7/10 - Spin: 8.5/10 - Control: 8.5/10

But of course, everything comes down to how you strike the ball. :)

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

<<<<<<But of course, everything comes down to how you strike the ball.

smile.png
>>>>>>> ----------and which ax you use to hit it with 😂

• Haha
Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

See now you've gone and confused me even more. You're saying H3N is 8.3, and Big Dipper is even slower at 7.7? This is unthinkable to me. I have many sheets of BD, and they are fast. I have several sheets of H3N and they are slow.

I just don't see how its possible that you come to this assessment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
See now you've gone and confused me even more. You're saying H3N is 8.3, and Big Dipper is even slower at 7.7? This is unthinkable to me. I have many sheets of BD, and they are fast. I have several sheets of H3N and they are slow.

I just don't see how its possible that you come to this assessment.

Well :) When brush looping, quite hard, this is the feeling i get. H3N gives me better speed and it responds more direct to hard brush strokes than the BD which is a bit softer, even if it's bouncier. The bounciness of the BD isn't helping when brushing hard. It just don't respond as direct as H3N. But of course, when bouncing the ball flat on the bat, or spinning the ball in slower strokes BD could well be found to be faster. It's just a bit mushier than H3N in my opinion. Hope that clarifies something :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Well :) When brush looping, quite hard, this is the feeling i get. H3N gives me better speed and it responds more direct to hard brush strokes than the BD which is a bit softer, even if it's bouncier. The bounciness of the BD isn't helping when brushing hard. It just don't respond as direct as H3N. But of course, when bouncing the ball flat on the bat, or spinning the ball in slower strokes BD could well be found to be faster. It's just a bit mushier than H3N in my opinion. Hope that clarifies something :)

I would consider my FH a very brushy stroke. But even with a spinny brushy FH loop, BD is still way faster than H3N in my view, and its not even close.

So, I just cannot possibly see how you could come to view H3 as faster than BD. It's like saying a Prius is faster than a Aston Martin. Unless there is something about TT that I really don't understand. But I don't think it should be very difficult question. If you use the same speed and stroke, which rubber propels the ball at a faster velocity.

So, when you say that Loki N80 is slower than H3, I really don't know what to believe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Additionally, I have not tried N80, but I have tried almost all other Loki rubbers including Rxton 1, Rxton 5, T3, GTX, Arthur Asia, Arthur Europe.

In my assessment, Big Dipper is faster than all of them, except for T3 which is similar in speed.

So I really wish somebody could get a objective description of N80.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I would consider my FH a very brushy stroke. But even with a spinny brushy FH loop, BD is still way faster than H3N in my view, and its not even close.

So, I just cannot possibly see how you could come to view H3 as faster than BD. It's like saying a Prius is faster than a Aston Martin. Unless there is something about TT that I really don't understand. But I don't think it should be very difficult question. If you use the same speed and stroke, which rubber propels the ball at a faster velocity.

So, when you say that Loki N80 is slower than H3, I really don't know what to believe.

But the Prius is faster, right......? Just kidding :)

This is such an individual sport. No one plays in the same way as another, but I almost always brush the ball, and I like to play with harder sponges like the 41 deg, so of course, the harder I brush, the more I benefit from a harder sponge. When I compare H3N 39 deg to BD 38 deg, the H3N is more dense and you get a more direct response when brushing. Now I use ALC inner blades, mostly the Yinhe V14 Pro. That will surely make a difference as well, if you have another type of blade?

Anyway, I think that a N80 wouldn't be wrong for you, but you should get one and try. These are all very similar rubbers. I can say that I have played in similar ways with 729 Battle Max Pro, Yinhe Moon Pro Hard, 729 Bloom Power 47deg, DHS Skyline TG2 NEO, DHS H2N, DHS H8 and they are all similar when it comes to brushing like the BD and H3N.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Oh boy, you should not have done that 😁
Prius or Aston Martin = completely irrelevant , it is the driver that makes it go fast.
I remember an old "top Gear show " where they decided to stick the Weasel (Richard Hammond) into a F1 car AND : He could not even
get the sled off the starting grid. 😂

Back to rubbers: All these numbers given by manufacturers of blades and rubbers have very little value if any to me.
Bouncing a ball on a racket that is flat on the table is also of very little value.
It is the driver that counts. Without making any qualifications but every player will use any given combo of rubbers and blade different than the other
so no comparison is really possible.

One has to buy , steal or borrow an N80 and give it a go to find what it can do FOR YOU 😊
[h1] [/h1]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I haven't seen anyone with a N80 to borrow, and I don't want to keep throwing money at a rubber unless I hear good things about it.

I got the GTX based on some reviews on this forum, and it was a total joke. Some reviewers said it was bouncy and comparable to tensors, and it is not even close. Very dead feeling without booster.

I also got the Rxton 5 based on Revspin reviews which gave it a 9 for speed. In fact, its quite similar to H3N and has a relatively dead bounce, but maybe slightly faster than H3N.

I don't want to throw money at the N80 and just find out its more or less the same as the Rxton 5.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I haven't seen anyone with a N80 to borrow, and I don't want to keep throwing money at a rubber unless I hear good things about it.

I got the GTX based on some reviews on this forum, and it was a total joke. Some reviewers said it was bouncy and comparable to tensors, and it is not even close. Very dead feeling without booster.

I also got the Rxton 5 based on Revspin reviews which gave it a 9 for speed. In fact, its quite similar to H3N and has a relatively dead bounce, but maybe slightly faster than H3N.

I don't want to throw money at the N80 and just find out its more or less the same as the Rxton 5.

Michael, you just confirmed it, that most reviews can not be relied on and we know that the manufacturers hype is mostly sales-pitch rubbish.
The conclusion that can be drawn from this is : We agree. 😁 You have to buy the N 80 and then tell us all about it 🤣
It is the only way.

Just one more thing : I think the N80 is only sold with full thickness sponge so if boosted one might get over the total allowed thickness of the racket,
if one has another fat rubber on the other side.

P.S. Not relevant here: I have 2 identical ZLC Blades, One has the RXton 5 rubbers, the other H3. The one with the RXton rubbers is much crisper and faster than the one with the H3 but the H3 helps me with the close in game............and speed is not everything 😎

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

But the Prius is faster, right......? Just kidding :)

This is such an individual sport. No one plays in the same way as another, but I almost always brush the ball, and I like to play with harder sponges like the 41 deg, so of course, the harder I brush, the more I benefit from a harder sponge. When I compare H3N 39 deg to BD 38 deg, the H3N is more dense and you get a more direct response when brushing. Now I use ALC inner blades, mostly the Yinhe V14 Pro. That will surely make a difference as well, if you have another type of blade?

Anyway, I think that a N80 wouldn't be wrong for you, but you should get one and try. These are all very similar rubbers. I can say that I have played in similar ways with 729 Battle Max Pro, Yinhe Moon Pro Hard, 729 Bloom Power 47deg, DHS Skyline TG2 NEO, DHS H2N, DHS H8 and they are all similar when it comes to brushing like the BD and H3N.

mocker88, I am looking to replace moon pro medium as a forehand rubber on nittaku acoustic. Seems like the last couple of years the moon pro medium has been softer than previous years and hard to get in the United States (can't even find the hard version). DHS rubbers are still easy to come by. Can you give any opinions on the Battle Max Pro and Battle 2 Gold?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

mocker88, I am looking to replace moon pro medium as a forehand rubber on nittaku acoustic. Seems like the last couple of years the moon pro medium has been softer than previous years and hard to get in the United States (can't even find the hard version). DHS rubbers are still easy to come by. Can you give any opinions on the Battle Max Pro and Battle 2 Gold?

I tried the Moon Pro Medium once and found it very slow compared to the Hard version. Two very different sponges is what I discovered. The Medium didn't dome at all, but the Hard domed and felt so much more lively.

I've recently tried Battle Max Pro 41deg, and it's quite comparable to H3N 41deg, but with a bit harder, number feel and a bit lower throw. The Battle 2 (Provincial) Gold, I've tried in the 40deg hardness. And it was softer than H3N 41deg with a higher throw and better control. What I felt with this one was that the top sheet lost the tackiness and much grip, so it wasn't fun after a week or so. H3/H3N feels like they last longer.

Have you tried Yinhe Big Dipper 38 or 39deg for replacement? I have a feeling that BD could be something similar, but a better bounce and at least as good spin potential as Moon Pro Medium.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

I tried the Moon Pro Medium once and found it very slow compared to the Hard version. Two very different sponges is what I discovered. The Medium didn't dome at all, but the Hard domed and felt so much more lively.

I've recently tried Battle Max Pro 41deg, and it's quite comparable to H3N 41deg, but with a bit harder, number feel and a bit lower throw. The Battle 2 (Provincial) Gold, I've tried in the 40deg hardness. And it was softer than H3N 41deg with a higher throw and better control. What I felt with this one was that the top sheet lost the tackiness and much grip, so it wasn't fun after a week or so. H3/H3N feels like they last longer.

Have you tried Yinhe Big Dipper 38 or 39deg for replacement? I have a feeling that BD could be something similar, but a better bounce and at least as good spin potential as Moon Pro Medium.

Wasn't Max pro suppose to be non-tacky?