Who has tried Loki N80?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Surprisingly Battle Max doesn't have any review ratings on Revspin. But yes, its supposed to be a non-tacky BH style rubber. I've also read that Presto Speed Max is supposed to be an updated version of Battle Max.

Anyway, are you looking for a tacky rubber or grippy? Battle 2 and Bloom are tacky. Battle Max and Presto Speed is non-tacky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

I tried the Moon Pro Medium once and found it very slow compared to the Hard version. Two very different sponges is what I discovered. The Medium didn't dome at all, but the Hard domed and felt so much more lively.

I've recently tried Battle Max Pro 41deg, and it's quite comparable to H3N 41deg, but with a bit harder, number feel and a bit lower throw. The Battle 2 (Provincial) Gold, I've tried in the 40deg hardness. And it was softer than H3N 41deg with a higher throw and better control. What I felt with this one was that the top sheet lost the tackiness and much grip, so it wasn't fun after a week or so. H3/H3N feels like they last longer.

Have you tried Yinhe Big Dipper 38 or 39deg for replacement? I have a feeling that BD could be something similar, but a better bounce and at least as good spin potential as Moon Pro Medium.

Thanks mocker88,

I have not tried Dig Dipper, which I can get in the US right now in 38,39 & 40 deg. Battle Max Pro is also available. Battle 2 Gold would take a couple of months to get so It may not even be worth the wait considering I can get H3/H3N locally.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Surprisingly Battle Max doesn't have any review ratings on Revspin. But yes, its supposed to be a non-tacky BH style rubber. I've also read that Presto Speed Max is supposed to be an updated version of Battle Max.

Anyway, are you looking for a tacky rubber or grippy? Battle 2 and Bloom are tacky. Battle Max and Presto Speed is non-tacky.

Forehand rubber with some level of tackiness. My Moon Pro sheets have all been fairly tacky.

It's not easy to find info on Battle Max. I've read that the top sheet numbers are the same as Battle 1 but Battle Max has some tack. I'm sure mocker88 could comment on that. I had it on my radar because its available locally.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Thanks mocker88,

I have not tried Dig Dipper, which I can get in the US right now in 38,39 & 40 deg. Battle Max Pro is also available. Battle 2 Gold would take a couple of months to get so It may not even be worth the wait considering I can get H3/H3N locally.

Battle 2 gold is basically a H3 blue sponge copy. Really good copy too, 729 really nailed it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Forehand rubber with some level of tackiness. My Moon Pro sheets have all been fairly tacky.

It's not easy to find info on Battle Max. I've read that the top sheet numbers are the same as Battle 1 but Battle Max has some tack. I'm sure mocker88 could comment on that. I had it on my radar because its available locally.

Where do you buy your Moon Pro?

Where are you looking to buy your Battle or Big Dipper?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Friendship 729 BATTLE MAX PRO is a provincial version of the famous lining, a sticky topsheet capable of creating the strongest rotation, on a new fast sponge, Factory-Tuned. I found the description on the website, so it's sticky rubber, like battle 2?

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Wasn't Max pro suppose to be non-tacky?

Nope. I thought so because of the Battle top sheet, but they are allowed to treat it differently under the terms of ITTF. That's what they told me anyway. :)
This is a Battle Max 41 deg picking up my ball :) https://fb.watch/cxhFBeo3LO/

• Wow
Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Thanks mocker88,

As you have used Moon Pro Medium, I think you should go for Big Dipper 38 or 39 deg. They are closer to Moon Pro medium.

Reactions: Way Zooted
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Hi. I've answered Kuba Hajtos reply and linked a small video of Battle Max Pro picking up a ball in my basement. It's not totally untacky ;)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Perhaps. I have to play a bit more with it to see if it breaks in, and comes alive....

Hhmmm, they actually look stickier than H3. I always "break" the strong stickiness of my H3 rubbers by rolling a handful of new balls over them. The talcum powder that is on the balls
does the trick

For me the stickiness of the Rxton5 is just right..............

BTW NOBODY has yet said in this thread : "YES, I tried the Loki N 80 and they are.......................................

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Hhmmm, they actually look stickier than H3. I always "break" the strong stickiness of my H3 rubbers by rolling a handful of new balls over them. The talcum powder that is on the balls
does the trick

BTW NOBODY has yet said in this thread : "YES, I tried the Loki N 80 and they are.......................................

YES, I tried the Loki N 80 and they are................................ quite nice. Somewhere in between H3N 39deg and Big Dipper 38deg. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

does the trick

The Loki N80 post has been officially hijacked and converted to another Chinese tacky rubber discussion. 😎

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Sad thing is I still don't have my original question answered. Mocker says that H3N is fastest, N80 is in between, and Big Dipper is slowest.

That is complete nonsense in my opinion. H3N cannot possibly be faster than Big Dipper. So I still don't know where N80 stands.