British League?!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Hi Guys ,
just thought I’d take the time to introduce myself . Ok so I have had a very very long time away from the sport ! I started at the age of 6 on the Isle of Wight at my local community centre . Roughly around the age of 10 I went to a training night that was more suited for me and I very quickly improved . At the age of 13 I entered my first tournament across the water in the Bournemouth cadet open and won . By the age of 17 I had won Hampshire County championship titles in singles and doubles , Isle of Wight junior championships , and I was steadily climbing the rankings reaching the top 30 in the country. I had also won Division 1b with Hampshire as the number 1 ranked player in the junior county division gaining promotion into the Premier division. When I stopped playing at 18 to join the Army I had become Hampshire U21 Champion and South of England R/up , I had played at every English schools championships since the age of 13 and was beating top 20 ranked players in the country comfortably . Fast forward 20 years and I am back in training at Waterside Table Tennis in Southampton as I now live in the New Forest and next season I am aiming high . I am looking for British League teams to represent and I will be entering tournaments. There is also a good chance I shall be representing the Isle of Wight at the next NatWest Island Games held in Guernsey . Can somebody help with British league for me next season , also in 2023 I will be turning 40 so I am eying up top 10 veterans ranking list nationally .

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Welcome to the forum, that’s an impressive CV!

I also play at Waterside and live in Winchester - I am there every Thursday for training and coaching so maybe see you there.

Its probably the right club for you as their are some very capable players there.

Peter

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

I take it you are looking for a club within reasonable distance, from your base?
You can Google ‘British League Table Tennis’ and get a few hits, probably try TTE website, they do list clubs and their player rankings.
Local (ish) clubs that have some sort of representation in the British League but involve some travel are
Joola Plymouth
Kingfisher TTC - Reading
Forresters - Crawley
Horsham Spinners - Horsham, West Sussex
Cippenham TTC in Slough

Perhaps Kingfisher is a good option, they have pretty good representation across many of the British League Divisions.

Welcome back and I hope you find a club that meets your needs!!!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022

Hi Wrighty many thanks for your response ! I have actually been playing at Waterside over the last 4 years but have been very unlucky getting two injuries !
I have heard Thursdays are good so I will definitely head on down . I have been training Mondays and Fridays at the open practice

Reactions: Wrighty67