Just tried ZJK ZLC, why don't people like ZLC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
A guy let me try his ZJK-ZLC (not super) with D09c on both sides, and I love it. It was really fast, springy, and crispy. It had a nice high pitched sound. You could really hit very powerful shots from both wings.

Why don't more people like these ZLC blades? I think they are really terrific for topspin players.

A guy let me try his ZJK-ZLC (not super) with D09c on both sides, and I love it. It was really fast, springy, and crispy. It had a nice high pitched sound. You could really hit very powerful shots from both wings.

Why don't more people like these ZLC blades? I think they are really terrific for topspin players.

ZLC is a bit pricey and at this point if I play well with $30 blade why would I bother getting such an expensive piece of equipment when I can spend the same amount on training/coaching? hell, these days it's even better to get more 3*** balls cause they're not getting cheaper.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

ZLC is generally stiff. Not a lot of pros like the feeling of ZLC either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Sure, I get that Butterfly ZLC products are overpriced, and not worth it. But I hear a lot of people just flat out say they don't like the ZLC blade at any price, and I don't understand it. It feels like a good fast but still flexy blade to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I think ZLC itself is quite stiff, but the ZJK and TB ZLC are quite thin blades, so they aren't really stiff compared to their thicker ALC cousins.

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Numb-er feeling vs ALC so not as responsive and felt this hides away the distinctive Koto springiness speed property.

Forehand is stable but backhand not as good vs the cheaper ZJK ALC (and the Vis that ZJK actually used).

Rightly or wrongly it has a reputation of not being well suited to H3. I’ve only ever seen it paired with Tenergy both sides.

In the ZLC category, JM ZLC at the same price has on paper more dwell using Limba and makes better use of the numb ZLC property for even more spin. If people can’t handle the speed the other BTY choices are Innerforce ZLC (Franziska ZLC).

ZJK ZLC seems to be awkwardly positioned where there are better choices for spin and more famous models that bring out the Koto spring (Viscaria structure ALC and LYJ/ZJK SZLC)

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Do what makes you happy!

There will always be a majority and a minority. If ZJK followed the trend as a junior (at the time Tamca 5000 or all wood) we would not be seeing Viscaria or Super Viscaria in production.

Maybe you can prove the ZJK ZLC doubters wrong by sharing more of your thoughts 😀

Reactions: mihalichtheone
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Numb-er feeling vs ALC so not as responsive and felt this hides away the distinctive Koto springiness speed property.

Forehand is stable but backhand not as good vs the cheaper ZJK ALC (and the Vis that ZJK actually used).

Rightly or wrongly it has a reputation of not being well suited to H3. I’ve only ever seen it paired with Tenergy both sides.

In the ZLC category, JM ZLC at the same price has on paper more dwell using Limba and makes better use of the numb ZLC property for even more spin. If people can’t handle the speed the other BTY choices are Innerforce ZLC (Franziska ZLC).

ZJK ZLC seems to be awkwardly positioned where there are better choices for spin and more famous models that bring out the Koto spring (Viscaria structure ALC and LYJ/ZJK SZLC)

You kinda got it, If ZLC is being used it should be together with Limba and Innerforce -construction

Reactions: ZFT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Have you played long enough that honeymoon syndrome wore off?

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Why don't you like fast and springy? I don't like thick blades that are fast without any flex.

But the ZLC blades are thin at 5.6mm, so they are still quite flexy.

Because my shots spring off the end of the table fast. And my serves and pushes spring over the endline and get looped.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
This is why ZLC makes more sense with limba top ply, or linnerforce with limba top ply. The limba holds back tha ball quite a bit on low impact. Ton of Japanese players favour ZLC nowdays combinded with limba outer or limba innerforce contrsuction. Most blades are around 5.7-5.8mm, I guess the Victas ZX-gear or Pitchford blades are a bit thicker at 5.9-6mm. That Pitchford blade looks quite nice and a bit different to usual.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
What Japanese players are using ZLC and which blades are they using?

Yoshimura Maharu - Inner ZLC with TB handle, Yoshimura Kazuhiro ZX-Gear out. Yukiya Uda - Inner ZLC with Viscaria handle, Mizutani Jun - Mizutani ZLC, Kenji Matsudaira - ZX-Gear Out, Sone Kakeru - ZX-Gear out, Mizuki Oikawa - Inner ZLC with Viscaria handle (maybe he switched to Super Viscaria recently), Takuya Jin - Inner ZLC.

Just from the top of my head to name a few. I can't be bothered to remember the female players. The Victas blades have very good pricing in my opinion. Still the Pitchford blade is the most attractive to me, especially the anniversary edition looks like a collectable blade. In my country it goes for around 120-30EUR so I am very tempted.

Ps: I am a fan of T-league

Last edited: