Just tried ZJK ZLC, why don't people like ZLC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I try to have 1 of each major archetype to cover whatever mood Im in.

BO2 - inner alcCC - inner carbonTb zlc - outer zlcV14 pro - outer alcMa lin offensive - all wood offensive
i guess im missing the inner zlc archetype because i didnt think its a popular blade. I mostly just follow the CNT and other top 10 players. So i wasnt even aware all those JP players were using inner zlc.

Somebody said inner alc is popular among the JP women, but who is using it?

Not every single blade of the same archetype play the same despite similar construction. I.e. W968 and Butterfly Innerforce ALC....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Of course, but just try to cover enough ground with minimum

I've been there, done that. For me it was counter productive (my collection was V14 pro, Joola Zelebro PBOC, Gambler Fire Dragon touch, Virutoso, and countless inner fiber blades). But after I got Vodak Horejsi Custom Hajto Turbo Edition and Donic Ovtcharov Number One Senso (darn, those long names....) I cannot justify using anything else, and my game skyrocketed because for once I focused on learning and not gear (and those blades do play almost identically). I highly advise sticking with one blade you really like and controlling its weaknesses.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

I've been there, done that. For me it was counter productive (my collection was V14 pro, Joola Zelebro PBOC, Gambler Fire Dragon touch, Virutoso, and countless inner fiber blades). But after I got Vodak Horejsi Custom Hajto Turbo Edition and Donic Ovtcharov Number One Senso (darn, those long names....) I cannot justify using anything else, and my game skyrocketed because for once I focused on learning and not gear (and those blades do play almost identically). I highly advise sticking with one blade you really like and controlling its weaknesses.

What made you settle and stick to one blade? Like what was something that you so much liked that it made you stay on that particular blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

What made you settle and stick to one blade? Like what was something that you so much liked that it made you stay on that particular blade?

• It felt nice
  • was not hampering my play too much
  • I could balance of its weaknesess (in this case cope with speed it provides me and use my body to provide more power from far far far behind the table)
(in that order)

Actually I ordered Vodak as a direct copy of No.1 Senso, because i could not find another one that plays so nice... It has super alc so it is even easier to play with, but for the sake of this conversation, you can consider them equal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
I have played with zlc back then for me it's feel good not as good as all wood but not that bad as tamca5k. I guess new player follow alc trend from top athletes. I'm not into it but it should be popular more than it is right now.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
I personally have not had this experience, but I'm sure the second option is less popular due to its price and durability.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
A guy let me try his ZJK-ZLC (not superon it) with D09c on both sides, and I love it. It was really fast, springy, and crispy. It had a nice high pitched sound. You could really hit very powerful shots from both wings.

Why don't more people like these ZLC blades? I think they are really terrific for topspin players.

It's probably because of the dignics rubbers. I tried once a zjk szlc with d05 on it and the feeling was very nice: fast, springy, with some good dwell, somewhat resembling tenergy on hinoki. And I'm really not a fan of koto-alc (viscaria or tb alc) with tenergy on the forehand. I don't think szlc would make more difference for me than the rubber.

Concerning why nobody plays zjk zlc: there's a video by Kenta Matsudaira where he tests it along with other blades and finds it simply the most complicated to use (if zlc being the best). With tenergy again, that is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well Tenergy itself is already really speedy and bouncy. Maybe ALC pairs better because it tames the bounciness a little.

D09c is not too fast, so maybe it goes well with ZLC. And I have a lot of Chinese rubbers that are slower, so maybe they pair well with ZLC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews

Yoshimura Maharu - Inner ZLC with TB handle, Yoshimura Kazuhiro ZX-Gear out. Yukiya Uda - Inner ZLC with Viscaria handle, Mizutani Jun - Mizutani ZLC, Kenji Matsudaira - ZX-Gear Out, Sone Kakeru - ZX-Gear out, Mizuki Oikawa - Inner ZLC with Viscaria handle (maybe he switched to Super Viscaria recently), Takuya Jin - Inner ZLC.

Just from the top of my head to name a few. I can't be bothered to remember the female players. The Victas blades have very good pricing in my opinion. Still the Pitchford blade is the most attractive to me, especially the anniversary edition looks like a collectable blade. In my country it goes for around 120-30EUR so I am very tempted.

Ps: I am a fan of T-league

What reason to use Inner ZLC with Viscaria handle? Maybe he use Viscaria?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Well Tenergy itself is already really speedy and bouncy. Maybe ALC pairs better because it tames the bounciness a little.

D09c is not too fast, so maybe it goes well with ZLC. And I have a lot of Chinese rubbers that are slower, so maybe they pair well with ZLC.

It's not about the speed of tenergy, there's just no synergy between it and koto (or koto/kiri combination) on the forehand somehow: no dwell and you have to hit harder to penetrate the sponge. This is actually not bad in topspin rallies, but requires more effort when incoming ball is slow. With d05 on the forehand of zjk szlc I didn't have this problem.

Here's the video I was talking about, there are English subtitles.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I didn't really understand the point of the video. Is he testing the rubber or the blades?

either way, his general conclusion seems to be that he likes the innerforce blades more because they have more dwell time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

What reason to use Inner ZLC with Viscaria handle? Maybe he use Viscaria?

I guess just for looks?

I didn't really understand the point of the video. Is he testing the rubber or the blades?

either way, his general conclusion seems to be that he likes the innerforce blades more because they have more dwell time.

He's talking about pairing T19 with different kind of blades. Some he likes, some not so much.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018

Do you play with rubbers, blades? How is it possible to test rubbers or blades? He tested how t19 and t05 behave on different blades.

That's easily one of the most useful reviews on YouTube and internet in general: a world class player confirms what has been "debunked" long ago on multiple tt forums, namely that koto/kiri/tenergy combo is difficult on forehand and rules on backhand.

The funny thing, and it makes the review even more valuable, is that his a priori estimate was exactly opposite, that zjk zlc would be the easiest to play. He himself uses zjk alc and now discovers that he likes more dwell. What an irony.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well this video is from April 2021, why is he still using Matsudaira ALC? If he likes more dwell, why hasn't he switched to innerforce zlc yet?