Just tried ZJK ZLC, why don't people like ZLC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Yoshimura Maharu - Inner ZLC with TB handle, Yoshimura Kazuhiro ZX-Gear out. Yukiya Uda - Inner ZLC with Viscaria handle, Mizutani Jun - Mizutani ZLC, Kenji Matsudaira - ZX-Gear Out, Sone Kakeru - ZX-Gear out, Mizuki Oikawa - Inner ZLC with Viscaria handle (maybe he switched to Super Viscaria recently), Takuya Jin - Inner ZLC.

Just from the top of my head to name a few. I can't be bothered to remember the female players. The Victas blades have very good pricing in my opinion. Still the Pitchford blade is the most attractive to me, especially the anniversary edition looks like a collectable blade. In my country it goes for around 120-30EUR so I am very tempted.

Ps: I am a fan of T-league

Not even Zhang Yining? Who might just be the best female player since Deng Yaping and Wang Nan. And if I remember correctly she's the first to use an inner ZLC blade that went to the top. And Innerforce ZLC was dubbed the "Queen's Scepter" in China, where the queen is a reference to Zhang Yining.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Not even Zhang Yining? Who might just be the best female player since Deng Yaping and Wang Nan. And if I remember correctly she's the first to use an inner ZLC blade that went to the top.

Not Japanese! (I do not dare to offend the lovely Chinese fans)
Zhang Yining is the GOAT and I specifically have bought my Innerforce ZLC because of her. I actually quite disliked ZLC, or hmmm, let me re-phrase: I misunderstood ZLC. The difference between ZLC and ALC is more than one would assume. But once you get the hang of ZLC it is really hard to chose between ALC and ZLC.
ZLC pairs very well with koto too, but I strongly believe the pairing with limba is the best be it inner or outer.
I really am torn between my Joola Trinity blade wich is a arylate-zylon-carbon weave and a Xiom Ice Cream AZX blade which as ALC on one side and ZLC on the other lol...
I think against stronger players the Trinity is better, more stable. I think you see how big of a pickle I am in 😅

• Haha
Reactions: DukeGaGa and lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Not Japanese! (I do not dare to offend the lovely Chinese fans)
Zhang Yining is the GOAT and I specifically have bought my Innerforce ZLC because of her. I actually quite disliked ZLC, or hmmm, let me re-phrase: I misunderstood ZLC. The difference between ZLC and ALC is more than one would assume. But once you get the hang of ZLC it is really hard to chose between ALC and ZLC.
ZLC pairs very well with koto too, but I strongly believe the pairing with limba is the best be it inner or outer.
I really am torn between my Joola Trinity blade wich is a arylate-zylon-carbon weave and a Xiom Ice Cream AZX blade which as ALC on one side and ZLC on the other lol...
I think against stronger players the Trinity is better, more stable. I think you see how big of a pickle I am in 😅

Just eat the pickle and all your troubles will disappear , heck ! have a couple 😁
This thread started badly , even the title was bad. .what has the ZJK blade got to do with ZLC other than that it has 2 bits of it in the laminate ?

The title should have read something like : """Who feels comfy with their ZLC blade and what is the woods used """
or something like that 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well I was just impressed with ZLC after playing with somebody's ZJK blade, so I'm trying to understand better why people don't like it much. I gather people just find it too fast.

I'm not athletic, so maybe I like the extra bit of rebound from the blade. Also, it's not the Primorac Carbon type of speed (bricky and thick)that comes at the cost of spin/flex. It's a very light/airy type of springy speed that is still very flexy.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Well I was just impressed with ZLC after playing with somebody's ZJK blade, so I'm trying to understand better why people don't like it much. I gather people just find it too fast.

I'm not athletic, so maybe I like the extra bit of rebound from the blade. Also, it's not the Primorac Carbon type of speed (bricky and thick)that comes at the cost of spin/flex. It's a very light/airy type of springy speed that is still very flexy.

I was not criticizing you , after all it is still a free world and you have a right to say it the way you want.
I do think though that you now do not get a proper answer to the question because the discussion has now split into 2 parts, namely ZLC in general
and ZLC in the ZJK-blade.
Blades are such an individual tool. What fits one player is of no use to another.
ZLC and ALC combined with Limba and used in an Innerforce situation for me is THE tool. There actually is not that much
difference in the feel of a blade between ZLC and ALC when used in the identical wood combo.
Of course the manufacturers will tell us otherwise and can ask 50 bucks more for a blade, when the cost difference between the two laminates is likely
only a couple of dollars.........................and another 100 if it is Super ALC or ZLC 😁

Last edited:
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019

I was not criticizing you , after all it is still a free world and you have a right to say it the way you want.I do think though that you now do not get a proper answer to the question because the discussion has now split into 2 parts, namely ZLC in generaland ZLC in the ZJK-blade.Blades are such an individual tool. What fits one player is of no use to another.ZLC and ALC combined with Limba and used in an Innerforce situation for me is THE tool. There actually is not that muchdifference in the feel of a blade between ZLC and ALC when used in the identical wood combo_Of course the manufacturers will tell us otherwise and can ask 50 bucks more for a blade, when the cost difference between the two laminates is likelyonly a couple of dollars.........................and another 100 if it is Super ALC or ZLC 😁

DO you mean blade like xiom tmxi OR ice cream azxi for the term (ZLC and ALC combined with Limba and used in an Innerforce situation)

Last edited:
Sep 2019
male players in Japan likes inner zlc
female players in Japan likes inner alc
I think zlc needs longer movement and thicker contact so if you really like inner zlc you will have problem to get better game with inner alc which springs a lot faster with less body on the shot but after 2weeks you will adopt your stroke like every butterfly blades
https://www.butterfly-global.com/en/sponsoring/detail/lim-jonghoon.html
he used innerforce layer alc and change to super viscaria and next he changed to zjk super zlc or zlc (no blue stripes) and now we saw him with super alc in last tournament
By the way allow me to ask something else here,I had one doubt that you need to be (more) physically stronger to use inner carbon baldes than outer types but is it true? or I might just sound like a lunatic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
By the way allow me to ask something else here,I had one doubt that you need to be (more) physically stronger to use inner carbon baldes than outer types but is it true? or I might just sound like a lunatic

I don't like the wording of the statement. If you can hit the ball hard you can use most blades hard. As simple as that.

You might need to hit a bit harder for inner carbon to activate (compared to outer).

Reactions: Colin Ksh
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Yeah, for a finishing shot you need to hit quite hard and generally need to hit harder to make a fast ball. But this is because of the limba top ply, not really because it's an inner carbon layer blade... An outer carbon layer limba top ply is also quite different to a koto.

Sure there is a difference when you hit down on the carbon, this is more noticeable when you are on the defense, but the biggest difference between an outer and inner layer blade is how stiff it is. The further apart in distance the carbon are the stiffer the blade will feel.

Sep 2019
I don't like the wording of the statement. If you can hit the ball hard you can use most blades hard. As simple as that.

You might need to hit a bit harder for inner carbon to activate (compared to outer).
I see. I had an operation on my wrist, because the tendor got displaced when I got hit by the basketball during highschool. was like five years ago. I'm neither physically strong nor weak but due to that injury I had before, I have to consider and adjust how I play and of course the equipment I use as well. I had played with an all wood blade and now find it slow and not adequate in terms of overall performance for me. this will be the very first time trying carbon blades.
Btw, the rest about carbon blades that I’m about to mention down below are intended typically for
1. Koto Outer Alc blades &
2. Limba Inner Alc blades
Inner carbon blades require more effort and body movement to impart spin isn’t but at the same time has better control. On the other hand, outer carbon blades are usually faster, stiffer, doesn’t offer that much of the control ( less control compare to inner ) and easier to generate spin. I’m an amateur and my lvl of play is just a beginner-intermediate I’d say I’m not even close to a semi-pro so If I got anything wrong till here, please feel free to point out my misunderstandings and correct them 🙌 I’m finding hard to choose between inner and outer blades. Should I just aim for Koto outer alc blades or should I just go for the second option. My injury is a big consideration for me. Any guidance and auto-suggestions please every1

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

Stiga Clipper was one of the most popular blade and it was thick and stiff.
That suits driving/hitting game.
I guess you are playing looping game away from the table? In that case fast springy flexy blades should suit you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
With your situation I would try to get a fast blade like koto outer ALC, or even ZLC and pair it with softer rubbers. My reason is that softer rubbers tend to be lighter and with your wrist issue the weight of the setup should be more important than anything else.
In Europe the old style was to use a very hard blade and soft rubbers. It's easy to use and more fun to play with than what the pros use.
Two sheets of Tenergy FX on a Viscaria is great fun to use. But of course something like an FX-S or Vega Europe would be great too.

Sep 2019
With your situation I would try to get a fast blade like koto outer ALC, or even ZLC and pair it with softer rubbers. My reason is that softer rubbers tend to be lighter and with your wrist issue the weight of the setup should be more important than anything else.
In Europe the old style was to use a very hard blade and soft rubbers. It's easy to use and more fun to play with than what the pros use.
Two sheets of Tenergy FX on a Viscaria is great fun to use. But of course something like an FX-S or Vega Europe would be great too.
I see. Alright I’ll definitely consider softer rubber on bh which is fast enough smth like Rozena; worth enough for the price.
Do you mean Koto outer ALC outperforms Limba inner ALC for my circumstances and I could get the best out of it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
I see. I had an operation on my wrist, because the tendor got displaced when I got hit by the basketball during highschool. was like five years ago. I'm neither physically strong nor weak but due to that injury I had before, I have to consider and adjust how I play and of course the equipment I use as well. I had played with an all wood blade and now find it slow and not adequate in terms of overall performance for me. this will be the very first time trying carbon blades.
Btw, the rest about carbon blades that I’m about to mention down below are intended typically for
1. Koto Outer Alc blades &
2. Limba Inner Alc blades
Inner carbon blades require more effort and body movement to impart spin isn’t but at the same time has better control. On the other hand, outer carbon blades are usually faster, stiffer, doesn’t offer that much of the control ( less control compare to inner ) and easier to generate spin. I’m an amateur and my lvl of play is just a beginner-intermediate I’d say I’m not even close to a semi-pro so If I got anything wrong till here, please feel free to point out my misunderstandings and correct them 🙌 I’m finding hard to choose between inner and outer blades. Should I just aim for Koto outer alc blades or should I just go for the second option. My injury is a big consideration for me. Any guidance and auto-suggestions please every1

I say outer. Easier to use. More speed and easier to spin.

Your understanding is correct in my opinion.

Inner Carbon does require more movement and more active feet. I usually find that control is how much quality you have. Players with good quality can use a really fast racket and have no problems with placement and consistency, while people with not as much can't do the same. Inner carbon spins more, but personally I don't think it's easier. It plays a lot like a an allwood blade in low gears... Variance occurs in mid gears, usually however, you do start noticing the carbon here. High gears, the blade is just as fast as any other carbon blade. I will say that hitting hard loops is more satisfying on inner than outer.

Outer feels like a carbon blade, while inner is something that is trying to keep all wood properties with the benefits of carbon. If you think you are exerting too much effort I think outer is the way to go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Stiga Clipper was one of the most popular blade and it was thick and stiff.
That suits driving/hitting game.
I guess you are playing looping game away from the table? In that case fast springy flexy blades should suit you.

Yeah I play mostly looping game, about 1 step back from the table. I usually play BO2 (boosted H3N), which is inner ALC. I feel like it gives a lot of spin and control, but takes more effort to produce the top end speed.

When I borrowed ZJK-ZLC (D09c), I felt like it gives easier speed and springiness, but maybe less control/confidence on strong shots.

I think the the rubber was different, so that may affect my overall judgement as well. D09c is a lot springier than H3N, so that also makes the racket feel easier to use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I see. Alright I’ll definitely consider softer rubber on bh which is fast enough smth like Rozena; worth enough for the price.
Do you mean Koto outer ALC outperforms Limba inner ALC for my circumstances and I could get the best out of it?

Yes, for your circumstance an Viscaria type would be better I think. Rozena is fine if you like that hardness over softer rubbers. Rozena is not particularly lighter than a T05, maybe a touch lighter. I recently tried the V11 Extra and that rubber is very light and probably even easier to use than Rozena. Since I didn't use it on my own setup I can't comment too much tho. My concern is if it's factory boosted or not. I hate shrinking ESN rubbers.

Sep 2019

Yes, for your circumstance an Viscaria type would be better I think. Rozena is fine if you like that hardness over softer rubbers. Rozena is not particularly lighter than a T05, maybe a touch lighter. I recently tried the V11 Extra and that rubber is very light and probably even easier to use than Rozena. Since I didn't use it on my own setup I can't comment too much tho. My concern is if it's factory boosted or not. I hate shrinking ESN rubbers.

Appreciated for your feedback🙌 Thanks alot

Sep 2019

I say outer. Easier to use. More speed and easier to spin.

Your understanding is correct in my opinion.

Inner Carbon does require more movement and more active feet. I usually find that control is how much quality you have. Players with good quality can use a really fast racket and have no problems with placement and consistency, while people with not as much can't do the same. Inner carbon spins more, but personally I don't think it's easier. It plays a lot like a an allwood blade in low gears... Variance occurs in mid gears, usually however, you do start noticing the carbon here. High gears, the blade is just as fast as any other carbon blade. I will say that hitting hard loops is more satisfying on inner than outer.

Outer feels like a carbon blade, while inner is something that is trying to keep all wood properties with the benefits of carbon. If you think you are exerting too much effort I think outer is the way to go.

Alright. Thanks loads🙌

Reactions: ricospin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I try to have 1 of each major archetype to cover whatever mood Im in.

BO2 - inner alcCC - inner carbonTb zlc - outer zlcV14 pro - outer alcMa lin offensive - all wood offensive
i guess im missing the inner zlc archetype because i didnt think its a popular blade. I mostly just follow the CNT and other top 10 players. So i wasnt even aware all those JP players were using inner zlc.

Somebody said inner alc is popular among the JP women, but who is using it?