Drying racket

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I assume you had the racket in the hot-cuboard for that week..................NO ??? My next question then would be : "When new, has the blade been sealed with some kind of varnish ?? If after a week the blade still feels damp and heavy and if it never had been sealed the water will have soaked nicely into the wood and is probably in the process of coming apart. Still, First I would take the rubbers off. Then I would check with a straight edge if the blade has warped, bent and/or twisted Then check the edges for signs of delaminations.. If it all still looks good you have 2 choices, hang the blade ( not lay it on a side) in a hot-cupboard or stick the blade into a press. The rubbers will probably just dry out for themselves. Well, you asked 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
A way many people have used to save their electronics after dropping in water is to stuff it in side a bucket of rice, raw of course. The rice will help pull out the moisture.

Or you should take it as a sign that it's time for you to upgrade to a number edition w968.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
hang the blade ( not lay it on a side) in a hot-cupboard or stick the blade into a press.

I don’t have a hot water cupboard.
Hot Water Cupboard? Did you just add an extra word without realizing it? Or....did you think he said that?

I like Lodro's idea about putting the blade face in a press....just in case.

And you checked with a straight edge whether it was still straight and there is no concave/convex side? And none of the plies are delaminating?

Soaking in water for 30 min is actually a decently long time for wood.

Hopefully most of the water is in the handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
If the blade has been varnished and only the handle got wet, the rubbers and edge tape should protect the blade. Just let it dry or use a hair dryer (only on the handle). Or let it dry in the (Texas) sun but if you do that cover the rubbers with aluminum foil, the sun would kill the rubbers. Also I am varnishing the handle too because otherwise it sucks in my sweat.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If the blade has been varnished and only the handle got wet, the rubbers and edge tape should protect the blade. Just let it dry or use a hair dryer (only on the handle). Or let it dry in the (Texas) sun but if you do that cover the rubbers with aluminum foil, the sun would kill the rubbers. Also I am varnishing the handle too because otherwise it sucks in my sweat.
Sponge absorbs water just like it absorbs oils, not that different from a kitchen sponge.