Back to Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Senior TTD Member 304 557
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Senior TTD Member 557 304
    Also, It’s been three months and my Donic Acuda S1 has not shrunken yet.

The Following User Likes PingBirdPong's Post:

Zwill

Modestly, Leo

says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak

Master TTD Member 2,516 2,649

Master TTD Member 2,649 2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad Bak
    Fastarc G1... they started to boost them...
    Do you have a source for that information?

says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Master TTD Member 720 1,672
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Master TTD Member 1,672 720
    My 1 year G1 has not shrunk at all, first cut spring 2021.
    Gewo El Pro 48 shrunk a lot.
    Vega X did not shrink at all, still fits the same blade perfectly.
    Joola GT PS did shrink a bit, but not very much maybe 0.5-1mm in width and height.
    Vega EU and Japan also did not shrink

The Following User Likes Kuba Hajto's Post:

Zwill

/devnull

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 142 294
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 294 142
    So far it seems like hybrids and older gen ESN rubbers don't shirink at all or not that much. I think the "original" Vega series, Fastarc G-1, Rakza 7 are all pretty close to 10 or even more years old.

I think the older style rubbers have superior topsheet. These new thin rubber ultramax sponge sheets are a bit weird, like they have inferior topsheet strength.
    Maybe they have better static grip when new. They seem to have some coating on them which lasts for a week or two.
    I heard a few players complain about the Gewo Nexxus sheets, I've seen and they said that in some cases when they would need to sheet to bite the ball just slipped off and during a push the sheet did bite and the ball just kicked away.

Maybe it's not an accident that quite a lot of pros still use Fastarc, Evolution or V15 Extra and not the newest gen sheets.

The Following User Likes Zwill's Post:

ttarc

Master TTD Member 720 1,672

Master TTD Member 1,672 720
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwill
    So far it seems like hybrids and older gen ESN rubbers don't shirink at all or not that much. I think the "original" Vega series, Fastarc G-1, Rakza 7 are all pretty close to 10 or even more years old.

I think the older style rubbers have superior topsheet. These new thin rubber ultramax sponge sheets are a bit weird, like they have inferior topsheet strength.
    Maybe they have better static grip when new. They seem to have some coating on them which lasts for a week or two.
    I heard a few players complain about the Gewo Nexxus sheets, I've seen and they said that in some cases when they would need to sheet to bite the ball just slipped off and during a push the sheet did bite and the ball just kicked away.

Maybe it's not an accident that quite a lot of pros still use Fastarc, Evolution or V15 Extra and not the newest gen sheets.

A lot of people want to use Fastarc because those.. just.. won't... die...

The Following User Likes Kuba Hajto's Post:

Zwill

/devnull

This user has no status.

TTD Member 2 27
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 27 2
    After peeling it off a few times from several blades, my G1 haven't shrink anything. Topsheet is also way more durable than any other tensors too.

The Following 2 Users Like jonyer80's Post:

damszelfly and Zwill

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 142 294
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 294 142
    Fastarc G-1 sounds like a really good one. So far I enjoy the V>15 extra on both sides but next time maybe I will request a black V15 and a red G-1 from my club. The blue V15 is like 3g heavier than the black after cutting them, probably it's a bit harder so I use the blue one on FH.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 38 135
    O
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 135 38

User Info Menu

Mar 2022
    Europe
    Read 0 Reviews
    I used to have old gen rubbers like Mark V, Sriver, Vario or JO Waldner that were shrinking a lot after being unused and left in their cardboard package for some months, without using speed glue ! that's the way it is for ANY sponge: as long as there are bubbles, there's air, and that air evaporates whatsoever.

Take for example any football, soccer, volleyball, handball or basketball ... ball: if you left them in a place being unused for some time, they will loose their air and deflate, say: shrink. It's not a matter of factory tuning: there's less air bubbles in chinese sponges like the H3, or those bubbles are tinier and that's why why those sponges have more density, that's why without boosting them they'll never shrink, and that's why when you boost them them they take way more time to shrink because of the sponge's stronger density.

It's not rocket science. It's not about factory tuning. That's the way it is with air: it evaporates due to climatic fluctuations, the air pressure does vary depending temperature and moisture, simple as that. Thaty's also why a rubber won't react the same because of the temperature and moisture fluctuations depending on the sport venue, the time of the year (summer and winter are dry seasons), the location (more moisture and higher temperature in south asia for example, more dry and cold in central europe,etc...), and so on.

says deleted account

Elite TTD Member 251 1,270
    says deleted account

Elite TTD Member 1,270 251

User Info Menu

Oct 2016
    Poland
    Read 5 Reviews
    I will delete my comment later, my new black G1 had shining topsheet, and I put the rubber on the shelf because the topsheet take some stains or blur, from every play , I didn't catch the ball very good and after 3 weeks right now it is more grippy, less shining, it has dull feeling and more harder touch than it was first time.
    It was 158-152, right now is 156-150
    but yeah I will delete comment later, because admin from TTD haunts me
    Baal from MYTT suspended my ackount because I don't like Americkan bommunists

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,618 3,876
    T
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,876 2,618

User Info Menu

Sep 2013
    South Africa
    Read 3 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominikk85
    What I would do is cut them rather liberally so that about 2mm are overhanging, many pro players are doing that too.

The pros are not cutting them liberally for the sake of shrinking.
    but rather it expands after gluing(boosting)

TTT

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 103 334
    K
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 334 103
    I clearly noticed that if I glue any rubber without stretching it doesn't shrink(including Chinese and Japanese which also shrink). Unfortunately for me I like them stretched, except maybe D05
    Last edited by Kolev; 05-16-2022 at 07:11 AM.

says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 11,537 11,334

Master TTD Member 11,334 11,537

User Info Menu

Add K1 to the list... shrinks damn little.

I had to scour the earth to find a small stash of K1 for our pal Sergey Scoobie Doo... located 20 sheets, so he is stocked for the next 7 years.

I still do not know why he would want to use K1... damned difficult to spin the ball, it is almost like anti-rubber and close to almost as slow. Maybe he likes working 10x as hard to do the same things... yup, do not know why he sticks with the damned thing.

The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

Zwill

President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

This user has no status.

TTD Member 31 58
    Z
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 58 31

User Info Menu

Nov 2020
    Great Britain
    Read 0 Reviews
    I am confused - Fastarc G1 has been a problem shrinking considerably for me (red 2.0mm, not stretched when fitted).
    I now cut it several mm oversize for the first fitting, play it for several sessions, then peel, re-glue then trim properly
    which solves the problem.
    The worst ones for shrinkage I have used are Joola Rhyzer 43 and Gewo Nanoflex FT48.

Master TTD Member 2,516 2,649

Master TTD Member 2,649 2,516
    Mmm, my Fastarcs don't shrink, at least, not that I'm aware of. Not that that helps much; I take them off to transfer them to a different blade (and head shapes vary slightly, even for blades with the same head size) or to scrap them.

User Info Menu

Somewhere in California, Sergey Scoobie Doo is still ROFLMAO over the backwards things I said about K1... He could use that rubber playing 4x a week for a year before he would even THINK of replacing it. He can spin the ball so damned easy with an older sheet of K1 you would wonder why players like to buy new rubbers every month or three.

Anyone who hates on MX-P after it gets 2-3 weeks and loses the tuner can mail a pail of the stuff to California... Sergey will pay for the shipping.

User Info Menu

I called Sergey today..... and TODAY, even TODAY he is still laughing hiz azz off over how concerned people are about equipment, instead of the more real things that contribute to the output of a shot, like being in position, controlling the strike zone, or control of touch to name only a slight few... but do not worry, Sergey know a LOT about H3, he even knows things you do not know yet about H3... if you could only convince him to publicly speak here on the forum.

The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

latej

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,618 3,876
    T
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,876 2,618

User Info Menu

Sep 2013
    South Africa
    Read 3 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    I called Sergey today..... and TODAY, even TODAY he is still laughing hiz azz off over how concerned people are about equipment, instead of the more real things that contribute to the output of a shot, like being in position, controlling the strike zone, or control of touch to name only a slight few... but do not worry, Sergey know a LOT about H3, he even knows things you do not know yet about H3... if you could only convince him to publicly speak here on the forum.

you have no clue do you?

these super 300-500 dollar blades with 100 dollar rubbers can make you hit the ball crisply even if you are a tables distance away from the ball.
    its harry potter stuff I tell you.

I've only ever heard of these tales, too poor to buy fancy equipment

The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

Der_Echte

TTT

This user has no status.

TTD Member 11 12
    P
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 12 11
    Quote Originally Posted by zentt
    I am confused - Fastarc G1 has been a problem shrinking considerably for me (red 2.0mm, not stretched when fitted).
    I now cut it several mm oversize for the first fitting, play it for several sessions, then peel, re-glue then trim properly
    which solves the problem.
    The worst ones for shrinkage I have used are Joola Rhyzer 43 and Gewo Nanoflex FT48.
    Yep. Also confused about what I'm reading here. Any high tension rubber will shrink if you glue it on and subsequently remove it. I always cut my rubber sheets slightly large to avoid this problem. G-1 will absolutely shrink if you peel it off (mine just did this).

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 128 1,111
    M
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,111 128

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Read 0 Reviews
    Do all ESN rubbers shrink? What causes this shrinking?

I have a sheet of Friendship Presto Max Speed, which is not even a ESN rubber. But to my surprise, it seems to have shrunk quite a lot after taking it off the blade.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 38 135
    O
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 135 38

User Info Menu

Mar 2022
    Europe
    Read 0 Reviews
    The sponge is an ESN/Jap type on that rubber, kind of chinese version of an ESN/Jap rubber, not the "typical" chinese sticky rubber so. And Yes all ESN/Jap rubbers shrink, some less than other, but the explanation is quite obvious: larger air cells in the sponge that will deflate after some time, being factory boosted or not does not matter in that case: the old 70's to 90's Euro/jap rubbers like Mark V and all its versions (GPS, HPS, 30°), Vario (or Vario soft), Donic JO Waldner used to also . Harder hybrid ESN/Jap sponges deflate/shrink less because the air cells are way more tiny.

Chinese sticky ones does not shrink because there's tinier air cells in those über harder sponges. If you want catapult, you need air.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast