Will there be a Butterfly Fan Zhendong soon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
That's soon! Any idea what type of blade it will be? Standard Koto-ALC? or maybe Koto-SALC?

Nope, he just said it was coming in June in a group chat I was in, we were discussing Viscaria S-ALC at the time and wondered what Fan Zhendong is using right now. But I would take it with a gigantic grain of salt.

says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
5D3AA9C4%20A4AE%204940%20B013%202F5630611292%20png.png
#crd for the photo to the original uploader.I think it’s more likely to be another rebranded viscaria. As far as super alc, I don’t think he’ll be using it. He’s currently using a custom ALC according to butterfly global. All of us know that he previously uses a viscaria golden before he got his custom blade. Could the blade be closer to viscaria golden rather than ordinary viscaria? Who knows. If it does, the price is what I’m curious of since the viscaria golden is made of more solid materials and that is also why it is pricy.more to add : bty announced that dima had joined bty on January 1st 2020 and the blade was officially available in july 2021. FZD had joined on November 1st 2021…..so could it be the same for fzd and his blade, probably in May or June?? Lol it sounds quite silly tho

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

I don’t know what they did to make it feel different, but it is different.

It is also said to have duller and less clearer feelings than regular vis. But when you hit harder it plays better.

If i read smth like this i always wonder who says such things and hope to get a source, but like usual there is none. So i assume this is not your own experience i will bring up somone elses opinion with a source to the table: https://youtu.be/4enzY9zIxTE

There are in depths reviews concerning the other mentioned blades as well on his channel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

If i read smth like this i always wonder who says such things and hope to get a source, but like usual there is none. So i assume this is not your own experience i will bring up somone elses opinion with a source to the table: https://youtu.be/4enzY9zIxTE

There are in depths reviews concerning the other mentioned blades as well on his channel.

I was paraphrasing gan’s review. I was considering on citing the video but got lazy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I was paraphrasing gan’s review. I was considering on citing the video but got lazy

Then how do you get that conclusion that it has more gears. It is actually quite the opposite. He even states in the end that the blade has more dwell time which gives you more controll but it is slower so you will have problems with weaker shots having a too short arc = shots landing in the net.

Overall i am pretty sure that this wont be the blades the CNT uses. Even on prott.vip you they offer different version of the Golden VIS. And Gans version costs around 300$ which is way cheaper than the other versions. And right now we can be sure that FZD definitly used a custom blade for his last matches. But it remains to be seen what butterfly will put on the market.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Then how do you get that conclusion that it has more gears. It is actually quite the opposite. He even states in the end that the blade has more dwell time which gives you more controll but it is slower so you will have problems with weaker shots having a too short arc = shots landing in the net.Overall i am pretty sure that this wont be the blades the CNT uses. Even on prott.vip you they offer different version of the Golden VIS. And Gans version costs around 300$ which is way cheaper than the other versions. And right now we can be sure that FZD definitly used a custom blade for his last matches. But it remains to be seen what butterfly will put on the market.

When the Golden Viscaria was released it was much cheaper on prott too, it was around 350USD. Then the price got inflated as more and more CNT players started to use it.Some chinese sellers on wechat sell these Golden Viscarias by the dozen, so there's really no exclusivity in it.
I don't know which different versions you mean on prott, I only seen one version if I don't count with FL, ST, cpen handles as different versions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Rumour in china claiming there will be a super alc , super zlc, alc, zlc and CNF(FL,ST,CS)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Seriously what took BTY so long to sign FZD? You should pay whatever it takes to buyout his existing contract and sign him. The money you make from him is insane. If Ho is right, then 5 new FZD blades. They should make a special edition FZD D09c rubber as well.

In fact, BTY should buyout Ma Long's DHS contract and introduce 5 new Ma Long blades. Go sign Wang Chuqin while you're at it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
Seriously what took BTY so long to sign FZD? You should pay whatever it takes to buyout his existing contract and sign him. The money you make from him is insane. If Ho is right, then 5 new FZD blades. They should make a special edition FZD D09c rubber as well.

In fact, BTY should buyout Ma Long's DHS contract and introduce 5 new Ma Long blades. Go sign Wang Chuqin while you're at it.

I don't think that BTY could sign all these big name players. While they are probably one of the largest brands in table tennis- buying out Ma Long's DHS contract would be unreal. This would mean that they'd have to make room somehow... either letting go of enough smaller players, or getting rid of some bigger players.

Even if they did buy out Ma Long, that would cost so much money. For the longest time, DHS has made ML their flagship athlete. I don't see a possibility for this.