How to break the habit of a too long backswing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Another vote for footwork, not backswing. But if you do want to shorten the backswing, try overcompensating by making it too short. You'll probably succeed in making it too short at first, but then it will be easier to lengthen it (rather than directly fighting muscle memory to shorten the original backswing) until you get what you want.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
You really have to aim at the top of the racket to achieve such an effect. You have to aim for the ceiling.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Very frequently, you will hear Kim Jung Hoon explain this concept in his vids when discussing how to generate power with the body. Even on BH shots he advocates using the free hand to leverage power during the stroke. He advocates pulling in the free hand as a way to get more shoulder turn and change the course of the shot from down the line to BH corner and get an extra 10% power.

Hello Der Echte, where can I find his videos? Thanks.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Hello Der Echte, where can I find his videos? Thanks.

Hi Mr. Lörting,

I have jisted a LOT of Kim Jung Hoon vids over the years. He does his vids only in Korean, but I speak Korean , so I jisted a lot of his vids I thought were worthwhile... and there are many worthwhile. Kim Jung Hoon spots errors in amateurs so easy and articulates/demonstrates ways to cope.

Some of these threads I made go back 10 years or more, so you have to search TTD really well.

It might be easier and look on my profile for threads I started that have Kim Jung Hoon in the title.

I will link a few, but do the work and search.

Comment on this Kim Jung Hoon BH Loop Vid (tabletennisdaily.com)

Kim Juhng Hoon teaches basic BH defense at table (tabletennisdaily.com)

Kim Jung Hoon - Thousand Nuggest of Tips (tabletennisdaily.com)

Kim Jung Hoon teaches basic footwork for balls to FH (tabletennisdaily.com)

Kim Jung hoon teaches the FH Flick (tabletennisdaily.com)

Kim Jung Hoon teaches FH fast loop vs underspin (tabletennisdaily.com)

Visit Korea for the TT ^_^ (With a lot of Pics) (tabletennisdaily.com)

Kim Jung Hoon FH Loop Pointers (tabletennisdaily.com)

Kim Jung Hoon BH Fast Loop vid... a few revelations (tabletennisdaily.com)