Practice with old celluloid balls?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
I think you are seriously wrong here, I would much rather use the old ball, but it’s hard to get ahold of no tournaments use them…

And that is because all tournament directors cater to amateurs who live in fantasyland and / or almost no tournament director knows the celluloid option offered by rule 2.3.3 as stated above.

Players & tournament directors need to think outside the box and understand that IOC(ITTF) is NOT the sole supreme authority on tabletennis as almost everyone seems to be under the totally mistaken assumption. Anyone can run any tournament in almost any country outside the control of ITTF or its national affiliates. (In this case case actually even the ITTF allows the cellulid ball) . But as long as everyone wants to pretend & fantasize like they are pro tabletennis athletes, ITTF will continue to make rules designed ONLY for small number of professionall players in a mostly particpant oriented sport like tabletennis.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022

Provide a genuine info then

But I already apoligized for making up fake information LOL

Anyway it is my fault that I misinterpreted what Dajdosta was trying to say with a sarcastic apology.
I thnk what Dajdosta was trying to say was that he could not find such information on the internet & I was out of line for making fun of it & I was wrong & I apologize (this time for real)

Anyway I think I saved it somewhere on my hard drive & have to dig it up. Let me look for it on the web as well. Most USATT links on this event are coming up as "Access denied" . Maybe it is on Joola site somwewhere as this was a Rosskopf interview when Rosskopf & Chen Weixing were giving coaching clinics for Joola promotion, between matches.

And I am quite sure TTDaily's Dan may know where the link is. I am not allowed to post links anyway, as a new poster.

Last edited: