Don't forget to BREATHE

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
I'm guilty on this one. I don't know why, but some time ago I held my breath, making 2 strong forehands in a row.
After I fixed the problem, I could see big differences in performance.
Maybe a small tip, but I hope it is useful to you. BETWEEN points and during the point BREATHE !!! 😊

Reactions: KM1976 and Dr Evil
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think you mean breathe deeply and consciously. Because you actually cannot "forget" to breathe. When you are not paying attention to breathing, 24 hours a day, including while sleeping, your autonomic nervous system controls breathing. It is one of the few autonomic processes that your conscious mind can overide. But....If you want to test it out, see how long you can hold your breath before your nervous system freaks out, makes you anxious and you gasp for air. When you train this, you can hold for a while. But most people can't get much further than a minute holding their breath before they start having a response that makes them feel they need to breathe.

That being said, there are ways of breathing that relax your nervous system and between points, long deep breaths can be a good idea when someone is nervous. :)

Sorry, I could not resist. So many people talk about this tendency of forgetting to breathe. And they mean something different than what the words imply. :)

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Nice work! Are you practicing with Stellan?
Yes, I am Mentor365. Thank you.
Stellan is a great person and also a great coach.
Tons of knowledge there.
I 'm being training with him for 3 months now, and I'm feel so grateful and blessed with this opportunity. One of my dreams "By the Way".

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
I think you mean breathe deeply and consciously. Because you actually cannot "forget" to breathe. When you are not paying attention to breathing, 24 hours a day, including while sleeping, your autonomic nervous system controls breathing. It is one of the few autonomic processes that your conscious mind can overide. But....If you want to test it out, see how long you can hold your breath before your nervous system freaks out, makes you anxious and you gasp for air. When you train this, you can hold for a while. But most people can't get much further than a minute holding their breath before they start having a response that makes them feel they need to breathe.

That being said, there are ways of breathing that relax your nervous system and between points, long deep breaths can be a good idea when someone is nervous. :)

Sorry, I could not resist. So many people talk about this tendency of forgetting to breathe. And they mean something different than what the words imply. :)
Totally agree with you Carl.
Between points, I try to slow down inhaling deeply, holding a bit and then exhale normally.
Every player is different of course, but some of them are too loud exhaling during the point 😄

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Yes, Stellan is a legend. He was so nice to us some years ago when he let my son practice with him and the other kids at learning tree when we were traveling in California. Say thanks from us if you see him soon!

Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl still breathing too hard from his piled up work he been doing the last month...

It is crazy that I am back to working 7 days a week and having days where I work 15-16 hours. :)

One day....

Mucho trabajo, poco dinero.

Last edited:
Reactions: VictorMoraga