Donic Bluefire M1

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hi, recently switched to this on my forehand... Im usatt 2000 and i found a problem with the ball slipping on the topsheet that didnt happen with other rubbers like 05 and 09c? Anyone else?
I uses Donic M1. I don't the above problem you described, In fact I love using Donic M1. It is one of those very grippy FH rubber.

Where at are you in USA? I suspect you may be in some cold climate and this causes slippage?

Where I am from, it is summer 365 days in a year and I get super grippy rubber all the time. ( Psst: I play in a hall without air-conditioning some more in temp of 30 Celcius or more) all natural air.

• Haha
Reactions: PingBirdPong
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I want to make a quick comparison between Donic M1 & Tibhar's MX-P as FH rubber. I use them interchangeably between my set-ups. This is for the purpose of those who wishes to know what is the diff btw these two popular FH rubber.

1. Both are listed as 47.5 ESN hardness
2. M1 to me feels softer and has a longer dwell time. MX-P feels harder.
3. M1 arc is higher and these somehow give a sense of greater margin of safety in topspin. MX-P is less archy. For MX-P your stroke needs to be more proactive and less lassie-faire compared to M1.
4. MX-P plays more inclined to the Chinesey feel whereas M1 feels more Europish. MX-P needs more engaging stroke vs M1 is more forgiving. MX-P is faster whereas M1 is spinnier.

This is how I feel at the moment btw these two popular FH rubber. Thanks for your attention.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
I want to make a quick comparison between Donic M1 & Tibhar's MX-P as FH rubber. I use them interchangeably between my set-ups. This is for the purpose of those who wishes to know what is the diff btw these two popular FH rubber.

1. Both are listed as 47.5 ESN hardness
2. M1 to me feels softer and has a longer dwell time. MX-P feels harder.
3. M1 arc is higher and these somehow give a sense of greater margin of safety in topspin. MX-P is less archy. For MX-P your stroke needs to be more proactive and less lassie-faire compared to M1.
4. MX-P plays more inclined to the Chinesey feel whereas M1 feels more Europish. MX-P needs more engaging stroke vs M1 is more forgiving. MX-P is faster whereas M1 is spinnier.

This is how I feel at the moment btw these two popular FH rubber. Thanks for your attention.

Hi ! By any chance, did you test M1 Turbo aswell ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Hi, recently switched to this on my forehand... Im usatt 2000 and i found a problem with the ball slipping on the topsheet that didnt happen with other rubbers like 05 and 09c? Anyone else?

Never tested the M1, but when it happens, it's because you engaged the ball to lightly, it's a common problem with esn rubber. Try to engage the sponge more and not the topsheet only.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

Hi ! By any chance, did you test M1 Turbo aswell ?

Oh yes, I did. I gave it away to a club-mate coz I could not play with it. Somehow my FH topspin tend to go into the net. It is just too hard for me and I was not able to engage the sponge. The sponge hardness is listed as ESN scale 50. Although it is 2.5 ESN degree harder compared to regular M1, but what a difference it made.

BTW I am looking at Andro's Rasanter series, specifically either R47 or R48 to satisfy my EJ disease. If anyone has experience using them, do share your review especially if you can compared it with Donic M1 / MX-P. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.

I had this issue when I had Bluefire M2 on my backhand. Topspin shots would dive right to the bottom of the net. Flipped my racket over to the Fastarc G-1 that I had on the forehand and problem solved. So now I have G-1 on both sides and life is good......except for the tennis elbow that has me sidelined currently. How old is M-1? I think it just has a very short lifespan.

This user has no status.

Never tested the M1, but when it happens, it's because you engaged the ball to lightly, it's a common problem with esn rubber. Try to engage the sponge more and not the topsheet only.

Idk... I usually use a more tacky chinese style rubber on forehand. Could it be because of the change of rubber properties? Im pretty weak for my age (15) lol

This user has no status.

I had this issue when I had Bluefire M2 on my backhand. Topspin shots would dive right to the bottom of the net. Flipped my racket over to the Fastarc G-1 that I had on the forehand and problem solved. So now I have G-1 on both sides and life is good......except for the tennis elbow that has me sidelined currently. How old is M-1? I think it just has a very short lifespan.

About a month old but didnt show any signs of wearing out.. Topsheet was fine.

This user has no status.
Oh yes, I did. I gave it away to a club-mate coz I could not play with it. Somehow my FH topspin tend to go into the net. It is just too hard for me and I was not able to engage the sponge. The sponge hardness is listed as ESN scale 50. Although it is 2.5 ESN degree harder compared to regular M1, but what a difference it made.

BTW I am looking at Andro's Rasanter series, specifically either R47 or R48 to satisfy my EJ disease. If anyone has experience using them, do share your review especially if you can compared it with Donic M1 / MX-P. Thanks in advance.

Hi, M1 turbo seemed to be a better backhand rubber than M1. M2 also good bh rubber.

This user has no status.
I played with that one and I had opposite problem. The M1 had a grip when other rubbers where wacked by moisture. It has a rather matte topsheet, at least the one I used had. Try to engage sponge a bit deeper.

Yes, mine is how you have described yours. I think maybe its just a problem of sweat.. It starts off really well but after i wipe the dust off with my hand its a bit slippery.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I have the Donis Bluefire Series and it works really well. I'm not on it. I recommend it for its spin.[h1] [/h1]

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I have the Donis Bluefire Series and it works really well. I'm not on it. I recommend it for its spin.[h1] [/h1]
Yeah it has a lot of spin potential when properly looped. It is a looper's delight / paradise. I'd say it is the go to rubber if you are a looper style player especially from mid to away from table. It is a pleasure to play loop-a-loop with this rubber.

Last edited: