Question for people with decent BH topspin

NDH

says Spin to win!

Hey Gozo, I wouldn’t disagree with you too much on that, and I’m certainly not saying the Chinese style backhand is bad.

It’s more that at the amateur level, I see far more advantages to the spinny backhand.

I should also probably add…..The people who have the ability to play the “Timo Boll” style backhand, also have the ability to play the punch style, and will regularly do so close to the table if needed.

But if you’ve only ever learnt that style, it’s unlikely you can unload a massive backhand loop away from the table (or even got lots of spin on close to the table backhands).

There definitely isn’t a right or wrong way, just my opinion!

This user has no status.

Hey Gozo, I wouldn’t disagree with you too much on that, and I’m certainly not saying the Chinese style backhand is bad.

It’s more that at the amateur level, I see far more advantages to the spinny backhand.

I should also probably add…..The people who have the ability to play the “Timo Boll” style backhand, also have the ability to play the punch style, and will regularly do so close to the table if needed.

But if you’ve only ever learnt that style, it’s unlikely you can unload a massive backhand loop away from the table (or even got lots of spin on close to the table backhands).

There definitely isn’t a right or wrong way, just my opinion!

I wanna practice the Timo “magic” Bill backhand, but I still can’t go to a club and play.