Back to Forum
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Brian Zhao is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 83 65
    B
    Brian Zhao is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 65 83

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2020
    65
    83
    248
    Read 1 Reviews
    #1

    Stiga Cybershape


    Check out my review!

  2. Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 38
    S
    Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 38 19

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2021
    Great Britain
    38
    19
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #2
    This might be an impossible question for you to answer, but do you think the cybershape would be well suited to short pimples on the forehand for a close to the table attacking game (Mattias Falck style)?

  3. Dr Evil is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 272 262
    D
    Dr Evil is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 262 272

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2018
    United States
    262
    272
    944
    Read 1 Reviews
    #3
    Good review, gives a clear sense of how the blade plays and who might like it. One quibble about generating spin. A common myth is that extra surface area for the ball to roll on gives more spin, but that's wrong. (Contact time about 1 ms. Ball circumference 125 mm. Max serve spin speed 60 rps. So ball rolls around 8 mm on blade width 150 mm.) Any blade has more than enough room for the ball to get its maximum roll at any contact point other than the extreme trailing edge. It does help to contact the ball further from the axis of rotation (closer to the tip) for more swing speed, but that's a different story.

  4. hipnotic is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,579 1,112
    hipnotic's Avatar
    hipnotic is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,112 1,579

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2011
    Portugal
    1,112
    1,579
    2321
    Read 0 Reviews
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Evil
    Good review, gives a clear sense of how the blade plays and who might like it. One quibble about generating spin. A common myth is that extra surface area for the ball to roll on gives more spin, but that's wrong. (Contact time about 1 ms. Ball circumference 125 mm. Max serve spin speed 60 rps. So ball rolls around 8 mm on blade width 150 mm.) Any blade has more than enough room for the ball to get its maximum roll at any contact point other than the extreme trailing edge. It does help to contact the ball further from the axis of rotation (closer to the tip) for more swing speed, but that's a different story.
    How dare you?! Exposing facts and numbers instead of personal observations. Blasphemy!

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

    The Following 3 Users Like hipnotic's Post:

    Dr Evil, lodro and 1 other

    www.sdcttblades.com / Insta: @sdc_tt_blades / Face: @SDCblades

  5. Lula is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,496 1,790
    L
    Lula is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,790 1,496

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2016
    Sweden
    1,790
    1,496
    4440
    Read 0 Reviews
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Marquis
    This might be an impossible question for you to answer, but do you think the cybershape would be well suited to short pimples on the forehand for a close to the table attacking game (Mattias Falck style)?

    A friend of mine that have played a really high level tried it(he got it for free). He went back to his Primorac Carbon. As long as the blade is hard enough, as i believe it is it will work fine with short pimples. What do you use now?


  6. Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 38
    S
    Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 38 19

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2021
    Great Britain
    38
    19
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula

    A friend of mine that have played a really high level tried it(he got it for free). He went back to his Primorac Carbon. As long as the blade is hard enough, as i believe it is it will work fine with short pimples. What do you use now?

    Timo Boll ALC blade.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.