Picking up Butterfly Lin Gaoyuan ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Would like to get some pointers on rubbers to use on this.
Been looking to try something new and don't want to use super hard rubbers prefer a tad more towards medium to hard.
So was looking on rasanter 47 on BH and 50 on FH
Or also looked at stiga dna pro M
Don't want to bouncy rubbers prefer a bit more control and I'll make the rest work.
But if anyone has some good pointers as also does anyone know if the arch is mid or low on the blade?

Personally, I think a rasanter is not a great choice if you want "a bit more control".
And a Lin Gaoyuan ALC is not the slowest blade either.

If you like Andro, I suggest you consider a Hexer PowerGrip.
There's a good review here: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/hexergripandpowergrip
Max hardness for this rubber is however 47,5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
yeah I had LGY ALC / very soft koto alc
for me this blade was designed for HARD RUBBERS
long high throw + low throw very hard rubbers
try anything which is appreciated on revspin around 4-5 in scale of throw
I think maybe Gewo Nexxus ?
I will go like this
TSP Super Ventus on fh 2,0 mm/ Nexxus El Pro 48 2,0 or 2,1 on bh but
I know there is more about "place" if you won't buy from tt11 you will choose shop which is closer to you and you will choose more branded product in shop.
Rakza 7 was good on LGY too.

So what did you think of the blade?
Never tried those rubbers your writing of mostly played during all my years butterfly and stiga and also tried a few tacky Chinese rubbers during my 30 years of playing.
Last 15 years wery much on/off though

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Also love this blade. I have 2. My original set up of H3 blue pro aand D05. Second blade has H3 Orange with D05.

previously used Apolonia, IFLALC, Harimoto ALC, Mizutani ZLC. Really loving the LGY the most. It’s fast but not super fast but this is also dependant on rubbers used, it has great control and has a softer feeling than Viscaria which is similar construction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Also love this blade. I have 2. My original set up of H3 blue pro aand D05. Second blade has H3 Orange with D05.

previously used Apolonia, IFLALC, Harimoto ALC, Mizutani ZLC. Really loving the LGY the most. It’s fast but not super fast but this is also dependant on rubbers used, it has great control and has a softer feeling than Viscaria which is similar construction.

Is LGY faster than Harimoto ALC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Stiga DNA Pro M is definitely a good pick for BH, I've been using it on a Viscaria after trying a BTY D05 (for fun, was way über too much difficult to handle of course hahaha), and then I was sold ! probably the best 47/48° BH mid rubber out there, you can generate mid arc but also high arc depending on the blade you use: very comfortable and safety net clearance, very versatile rubber, easy to serve with, loop, loop kill, receives are easy, backspin, passive or agressive blocks, defense, way more user friendly than the Rasanter rubbers even for amateur/beginner (1.9mm thickness in that case). I use it now on ALL+/OFF- blades, pairs really well with all wood 5 or 7 ply OFF- blades (Stiga Clipper or Xiom Offensive S in my case). Way less bouncy than the Rasanter as you're asking for that specific requirement.

It's durable, way more than the Rasanter rubbers I've also used.

And it's possible to pick it cheaper when TT11 does weekly promotions ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Ok seems like the blade I'm looking for.
May I throw in a curve ball and also ask your opinion of this one[h3]Nittaku Acoustic Carbon or nittaku acoustic carbon inner[/h3]
Read alot and it's also a contender in my opinion want to order a new racket today
So I'm thinking stiga Dna Pro M för BH and nittaku fastarc on FH.

Think that will be a good compromise

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Yes. Harimoto is great close to table counter style, LGY is great close and mid distance. I found Harimoto lacked power away from table for me but again depends on rubbers used.

Thanks - that’s helpful. I have a Harimoto coming and the close to the table focus without too much speed is what I’m looking for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Bought a slightly different racket yesterday.
A butterfly Zhang Jike ALC with Stiga dna pro M on BH and nittaku fastarc G-1 2.1 on FH. Let's see how these rubbers perform on this racket.

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Bought a slightly different racket yesterday.
A butterfly Zhang Jike ALC with Stiga dna pro M on BH and nittaku fastarc G-1 2.1 on FH. Let's see how these rubbers perform on this racket.

Hope you'll enjoy the DNA Pro M as much as I did on a Viscaria ;)

To me, ZJK ALC or LGY ALC are only signature versions of the Viscaria, those players were notorious for using Viscaria as the vast majority of the CNT members, even a regular (not "Golden") one for ZJK. If really there are some differences, I don't think it's that much noticeable. Even BTY rates those blades exactly the same on its chart, the TB ALC being different because of its slightly different design.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zion
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

man I don't know how to elaborate with my English which is bad.
For me thickness of handle, the wings, gluing of handle, hardness of handle, gluing of different handle material, qc of material is different in every koto alc blades.
LGY ALC is soft as KH, and has long high throw, and every shots are going long, which can be good choice for D09C but it is really soft and you can feel how much you can feel ball pressure on handle but it is better 1-2 metres away, good alternative for limba alc with more direct shots..

ZJK ALC is harder because handle absorbs some energy which add some extra HOLD to the top and gives you more natural force if you have enough force in wrist to put the energy to handle, for me it is better choice for blocking style or aggressive in table play but the most important thing is your size of hands. Big size hands = you will like it you will put more force to the ball and be more aggressive after ball kick.

Viscaria alc, for me it is medium soft, for me is the most allround blade for using hard chinese rubbers, you can play passive and aggressive and the weight is more on the low side, which is more on the wings+handle,
sometimes the weight balance is medium (low weight of blade, empty feeling) but top of the handle is narrow, it gives good flex and forward speed it is wrist friendly because just to get good amount of speed you will move your wrist faster.
If LGY (in moving the ball to forward) is very speedy, Viscaria is only speed friendly and ZJK is not moving forward the ball very fast.

TB ALC, for me the sharpest, the most aggressive it is like pimped by F1 team and it gives you careless feeling what type of rotation your opponents put on your side if you read the time, the amount of spin and your stroke is really good, you will use opponents quality to play more quality balls but you must be very good because if you are not in the zone you will get too much errors.

And for example, not specific numbers around 1000 hours later and 20 glued rubbers, the material koto alc is deforming and glue will pull away the SPEED of fabric glued koto-alc material which makes every blade very near their own formula. People after changes must stay with the same handle because if it suits you, what you can change?
AND another opinion. the characteristic of every blade can be different because wood sink in arylate carbon and the characteristic of "the blade" will be the same because sometimes artificial material absorbs the characteristic of blade it is known as every koto alc is glass feeling by polish bad quality reviewer, I don't call his name.

like 95 grams of Viscaria can play similiar to 95 grams TB ALC but you will get 95 grams (not Golden version of Viscaria) I doubt it.
Viscaria is around 80-86 but you can find 90 grams too.
TB ALC 85-90 grams
ZJK ALC 3 badges around 88-90 grams that's why if I can compare 90 grams of TB ALC,
I will put in SPEED test TBALC=>VIS>>ZJKALC
84 grams of LGY ALC for me was softer and faster than 90 grams of any koto alc but of course it is opinion, you can get your opinion and buy 4 blades with the same weight in butterfly store and I will listen your opinion

I would trust you if you believed there were some differences between recent blades and old ones. I've tested a black tag TB Spirit for example, ad I was surprised how it was controlable, but that's kind of normal: a new blade is always faster than the same being 4 or 5 years older, and 5 grams doesn't affect that much the sensations : I'm a musician since I'm a child, I can tell you that a 7 or 8% difference in a Dunlop .88 mm nylon plectrum weight does not affect that much the feeling and the strokes on a guitar... no guitar legend weights his plectrums before putting them in his pocket or on the mike's stand, the thickness of the material, directly related to its flexibility so, matters way much than the weight.

Jia Nan Yuan recently switched to a Golden Viscaria because her old TB Spirit was indeed becoming... slow, and she needed more power. Her recent successful matches , either in mixed doubles or single vs Mima Ito, prove her right. I've also seen her training IRL with a regular Viscaria vs french pro A guys (her husband being the RPB chinese player Chen Tian Yuan, ranked french n°6) and she didn't seem to complain about any difference in feeling. Maybe a slower version with the regular Viscaria was helping her controlling the men's power... ?

I've also tested a 2 years old LGY too, it felt similar to my Viscaria, it was 5 grams lighter than my 92 grams visca... I've tested a quite new TB ALC also at the same time, no really big differences, maybe the handle... maybe stiffer... only the top pros can feel any difference, I could because I'm familiar with wood reactions and vibrations because of my music training since 40+ years, but it's seriously difficult to tell how it translates into TT for an amateur player like I am.

As in music instrument, how the wood ages is by far way more important.

The rest to me is... a fancy hype for EJs.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
You can check out Tibhar MXD and or Tibhar Audis Prime. Both are very good for either FH or BH..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How many months does Tibhar Aurus Prime (or MXD) last before you change them due to low grippiness or reduced speed (and how often do you play a week)? Is one of them more durable?