Best rubbers for Nittaku Violin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Hi everyone, new here and relatively new back to the game after a decade hiatus.

I've been playing with Viscaria and Tenergy 05FH at 2.1 and Tenergy 80BH at 1.9. I love the serves and shots I can produce on my FH but am accepting I am not anywhere near an elite player and would ideally like a bit more control all around the place but particularly on my backhand which is accurate and good at blocking but my technique is often found wanting when I attack (I'm working on that...)

I want to use the UK off season to try out a bunch of equipment to get to a preferred setup and reading helpful threads and reviews it seems Violin Wood will be a good contrast to Viscaria to see if the added control balances out the slight lack of speed, but keeping fairly fast rubbers.

I will need something really fast and spinny on the forehand and was contemplating Dignics05 there. My serve wins me lots of points at my level so the forehand rubber really needs to produce fast spinny serves and then to be able to punish any height on the return.

On my backhand the reality is that in a match situation I do push, drive, block and spin the ball but rarely open up massive attacks on that side. I had in mind something like the Tibhar EL-S.

Any suggestions on what might be a good combination to try out with the Violin much appreciated.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Good luck on your return back to the game!

I used D64 and D09c, but I wouldn't really want to pair either of them with a Violin. You need to use a lot of power to make them work well. I think the Violin will flex away too much.

The Mizuno Q series works really well with all wood blades it is very fast. Q5 should be the flagship.

For backhand as you said you mostly block and control I would say go with a Tibhar Aurus Select.
It's very good for blocking and controlling, and it's good enough for open up loops.

Both rubbers can be bought from TT11, unfortunately the mizuno only from TT11 in Europe.

I'm sure others will write many rasanter or nexus or G1 etc alternatives too.

Actually I know someone who loves the Violin with short pips on BH if you wanna go wild... Good blade for it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Thanks Zwill and Wrighty for such quick and helpful replies.

I'll take a look at all the options you've suggested. It's great to hear Dignics05 pairs well with Violin. I think my FH technique can take it but I don't have the attacking skill on the backhand to manage a D80. The Rakza Z is another option but I'm leaning more towards control for now while I work on my BH in particular over the summer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Thanks Zwill and Wrighty for such quick and helpful replies.

I'll take a look at all the options you've suggested. It's great to hear Dignics05 pairs well with Violin. I think my FH technique can take it but I don't have the attacking skill on the backhand to manage a D80. The Rakza Z is another option but I'm leaning more towards control for now while I work on my BH in particular over the summer.

D80 is a little fast but on all wood it’s not too much so. A good alternative would be T05FX or T80FX which is my next step on my ALC blade which is faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
If you like the feel of T05 but need something that has better control, fastarc G1 is fantastic. It's been my go to FH rubber since I change rubber every 3 months and T05 is just too expensive

For BH, EL-P and EL-S are nice but since I prefer a more reactive feel on BH, I like EL-P better. Bear in mind EL-P is not an advanced rubber and you'll find its maximum spin potential lower than tenergy