The best W968 Clones without the W968 price

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
I wish to share my personal experience here:

In my case I will talk about Darker Speed 90, arguably the best One Ply Hinoki Blade out there. I own one. I have played with it and I know with direct knowledge its characteristics and not based on hear say or reading about it from internet forum.

I also have owned its Taiwan Cloned version which to my surprise plays and feel better ( I ordered the custom premium version and not stock version ).

Now if I have not own and play with the original DS90 and straight away use the clone I will never know and compare it to the original.

So, my point is, if money is not an issue, just buy the original and then decide later if you want the clone or not. I mean you will never satisfy your inner demon if you have never play with original.

How it connect to W968?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

You should wait and see for yourself on the new Xiom TMXi blade. It doesn’t have the same composition as w968 with its structure being inner (alc and zlc woven) unlike w968 being pure inner alc. Most of the Korean players who previously use w968 are switching to this blade (an jaehyun, Cho daeseong and so on)so more or less to an extent it could possibly be similar to w968 in terms of feeling, playing characteristics etc.
Interestingly, is it’s available in two versions the normal tmxi and tmxi pro. pro with red lens, non-pro with gold lens. Pro : bigger head size, heavier and stated to have used pro grade hardware as xiom said. Moreover, some specs such as vibration, speed etc are unknown for pro. I’ve watched a review on youtube(I’ll add links below in case you wanna check. two separate videos for both tmxi and tmxi pro. Reviews are in korean but subtitle is availabe) and out of my curiosity I asked and it is said that tmxi is similar to HL5 and tmxi pro is similar to w968. But the pro model won’t be easy to get outside of Korea I guess. 247tabletennis is also curious about this blade, one of the reasons is that whether it could be a replacement to w968 also some dhs blades tend to suffer blade splinters but how about this blade. According to xiom, it'll be widely available sometime in may ie this month. In terms of price they are still unknown but I guarantee even the tmxi pro won't be as expensive as w968 not even close 😂. I'll add some photos if you'd like to see. Hope this help :)

tmxi pro : https://youtu.be/aM6e6jmEcFw

tmxi : https://youtu.be/s2bSpuEXd1w

Actually the Xiom 36.5 Alxi is closer to W968.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
my 2 cents
Sword HD997 feel nothing like W968 but arc seems to act like it
Power G 7 said to be good to learn large stokes that the w968 has , but no idea never used
Yinhe Pro feeling can't remember exactly lacks a few gears the W968 has but pretty amazing for the price

but personally iv going to stick with the yasaka Alnade inner( N301 but with more control imo) pretty happy with going to get 3 total for back up purposes
Could you talk more in detail with hd997? How are they different how are they same?

could you do the same for Yinhe pro feeling?

Any PG5 users want to chime in?

I've tried PG5 and honestly my sample had little control comparing to my DHS Bo2.
The latter is just so much more controllable, I currently play with it with H8-80 37 on the BH and H3 boosted on the FH. Great blade with this rubber combination.
I can also compare bo2 with HL5.
control: bo2 >> HL5
speed: HL5 > bo2
flexibility: HL5 > bo2

With HL5 you have to be very precise with blocking and IMHO bouncy rubber doesn't suit it at all, neither on forehand nor on backhand. Somehting like H3 or H8-80 for BH and H3 for forehand is amazing, but requires a lot of skill and Chinese technique.

Bo2 is honestly much better choice for advanced, but not pro player like me. If you're curious here's my level of play:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

I've tried PG5 and honestly my sample had little control comparing to my DHS Bo2.
The latter is just so much more controllable, I currently play with it with H8-80 37 on the BH and H3 boosted on the FH. Great blade with this rubber combination.
I can also compare bo2 with HL5.
control: bo2 >> HL5
speed: HL5 > bo2
flexibility: HL5 > bo2

With HL5 you have to be very precise with blocking and IMHO bouncy rubber doesn't suit it at all, neither on forehand nor on backhand. Somehting like H3 or H8-80 for BH and H3 for forehand is amazing, but requires a lot of skill and Chinese technique.

Bo2 is honestly much better choice for advanced, but not pro player like me. If you're curious here's my level of play:

Which player are you? I watched it again, and noticed blue shirt persists. I assume that is you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

whoops sorry for not mentioning that. At the beginning of the video I'm on the farther side of the table in blue Yasaka t-shirt

What would you say the differences are between pg5 and bo2? I am very curious about pg5 due to it's price...

Bo2 is a little bit more expensive. I have b2x version and it's too fast and stiff for me. I don't know whether to go to PG.5 or Bo2. I like blades that aren't super stiff.

Since I am not super advanced, slower is better for me.

What would you say the differences are between pg5 and bo2? I am very curious about pg5 due to it's price...

Bo2 is a little bit more expensive. I have b2x version and it's too fast and stiff for me. I don't know whether to go to PG.5 or Bo2. I like blades that aren't super stiff.

Since I am not super advanced, slower is better for me.

I think with PG-5 you're buying a pig in a poke, but with Bo2 the QC should be much better and predictable.
Also, that's true that with Bo2 and HL5 one has to train often to not lose the feeling, same as with Viscaria type blades. If you want better control, then PG7 or other 7 ply structured blade like Sanwei Fextra is an awesome choice, never had any problems with those.

Reactions: ricospin

@mihalichtheone Nice game. What are you using in the video? Is it the same as your signature?

In the video I play with Yinhe Pro 01 (Viscaria clone, ALC outer), Hurricane 3 boosted on the FH and H8-80 37 degrees on the BH.
Currently, I play with DHS Bo2 and same rubbers. I like Limba + inner ALC blades more than Koto + outer ALC...it just feels safer to do the fullswing FH loop kill, which I enjoy doing a lot :)

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

In the video I play with Yinhe Pro 01 (Viscaria clone, ALC outer), Hurricane 3 boosted on the FH and H8-80 37 degrees on the BH.
Currently, I play with DHS Bo2 and same rubbers. I like Limba + inner ALC blades more than Koto + outer ALC...it just feels safer to do the fullswing FH loop kill, which I enjoy doing a lot :)

Yeah, my first real blade was Yinhe V14 Pro (alc outer). I got it because I thought this construction was the most popular construction for top pros.

But after getting the DHS Bo2, and the other inner blades, I find that the inner blade is much better suited for my game. I feel more control, power, and confidence to do a full FH loop kill. I also feel like the BH stroke has extra kick and higher arc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I am currently using w968-6 national (number) and previously used w968-5(number) and w968(official) before . Honestly, there is no other blade can replace it.

This user has no status.

The W968 has the artifical fiber directly on the core veneer, 2 layers of thin, not too hard other veneers at the outside.
So every blade construction similar to, for example Butterfly Inner Layer, is also similar to W968 blade of DHS.
The most famous W968 clones are HRT (Huaruite) PRO blade and YASAKA Atletico Power, there is also good quality blades available in this contruction at Aliexpress, made by Lemuria, Sword, BOER, Stuor, etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

The W968 has the artifical fiber directly on the core veneer, 2 layers of thin, not too hard other veneers at the outside.
So every blade construction similar to, for example Butterfly Inner Layer, is also similar to W968 blade of DHS.
The most famous W968 clones are HRT (Huaruite) PRO blade and YASAKA Atletico Power, there is also good quality blades available in this contruction at Aliexpress, made by Lemuria, Sword, BOER, Stuor, etc.

What is your experience with Stuor and Lemuria?

This user has no status.

I have no experience with Stuor but habe several clones from Lemuria.
We have tested the Mizutani SZLC and the Zhang Jike SZLC against the original blades of Butterfly, slightly slower but not a big difference in feeling at all.
50 USD against 350 USD instead is a big difference 😉
What I also like about the Lemuria clones is that they come without any print or logos, becuase there is no lens in the handle, you can try by your own feel, which side you like to play on your BH and/or FH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I have no experience with Stuor but habe several clones from Lemuria.
We have tested the Mizutani SZLC and the Zhang Jike SZLC against the original blades of Butterfly, slightly slower but not a big difference in feeling at all.
50 USD against 350 USD instead is a big difference 😉
What I also like about the Lemuria clones is that they come without any print or logos, becuase there is no lens in the handle, you can try by your own feel, which side you like to play on your BH and/or FH

I have a Zhang Jike Lemuria clone. I quite like it, but I have never tested it against the original.

But it is slightly different from what I would expect. The outer surface feels softer than I would expect. Overall the blade has more dwell time than I would expect. I wonder if the outer surface is really Koto wood.

says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
Interesting review, gan said it’s 90% similar to w968 and tmxi pro is even better than alphabet version of w968.