Table tennis top

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Hi,
Rather than buy another table tennis table with legs as last two have either been stolen or too big to store in garage, we have decided just to buy a table tennis top ( full size) which folds in half.
What I went to know is what is best to put it on top of. We thought about getting a couple of fold up work tables which are around 6 foot X 3 foot and putting them together.
Just wondering if anyone else had purchased a table tennis top.
It is only for a bit of fun now and again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I made myself one years ago. I bought a 3mx3m MDF board, 20mm thick. And then I cut it to the official table tennis table measures. It was not too hard to do, and I could have asked for the lumber to do it... And then I painted it with spray paint. It was a very nice table. And I think it will be the best and cheaper option in your situation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
I made myself one years ago. I bought a 3mx3m MDF board, 20mm thick. And then I cut it to the official table tennis table measures. It was not too hard to do, and I could have asked for the lumber to do it... And then I painted it with airless paint sprayer. It was a very nice table. And I think it will be the best and cheaper option in your situation.

Tables are exorbitantly priced. I wouldn't place anything straight on the table's surface. Even a sharpie includes solvents that may harm the surface over time, not to mention the fact that it is distracting. What about a custom plastic/cloth table cover?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
If you're wondering why there are two colours of rubber on a racket, it's to help opponents to see which side of the racket the player is using (forehand or backhand). Almost all players will have several types of rubber on each side of their racket, each with its own set of qualities, and they may twiddle the racket throughout a point to strike the ball differently. Most people have black on their forehand, although this can be reversed.