Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 7 31
    I
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 31 7

Help: Which shloud i Buy Nittaku Acustic vs BT Innerforce ZLF?

Hello everyone, my situation is the next, I´m currently a user of a DHS Fang Bo Carbon with Nittaku FastArc G-1 2.0 on both sides, I also have a Rozzena, the problem is that although I was a very active player before (5 times per week) I stopped playing for about 3 years, my physical condition worsened and although I am returning to this beutiful sport, the frequency of playing is and will be much less for at least the next 3-4 months.

Due to my combination and my situation I am having problems with the feeling of the shots, so I am looking for a blade that can help me, that has more sensation, control and less rigidity with the purpose of being able to generalize the spin more easily.

Which one do you think fulfills the characteristics better: Nittaku Acustic or BT Innerforce ZLF (the price limit is 175 euros)?

says it's about technique

Advanced TTD Member 83 329

Advanced TTD Member 329 83
    I think that you are making the right choice in switching away. I think you should consider Stiga Infinity VPS, it's a blade that has a lot of ball feel and easy to spin as well.

Fang Bo series is very physically demanding as you need to have good footwork all the time to get the reap the rewards it possesses.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 4 7
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 7 4
    I’ve hit with both blades, and like them both. You may want to go with the handle you prefer. A longtime practice partner switched from an old IF ZLF to an Acoustic with a large handle, because that handle’s better for his larger hand.

I recall the ZLF had a larger sweet spot, while the Acoustic had more feel.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 7 31
    I
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 31 7

Ricopin, I have it as an option too, but I have heard and read comments that it has low durability and that made me put it one step down, I don't know what experience you have in this regard.

says May the Spin be with you!

Senior TTD Member 403 648
    says May the Spin be with you!

Senior TTD Member 648 403
    For feeling & control wise, an all wood blade always beat carbon blade. Acoustic is one such as this blade. Putting Fastarc G1 on both side ( which you are already familiar ) seems like a good idea to me.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 99 214
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 214 99

User Info Menu

I have, and currently use an Acoustic large handle. It’s a lovely blade with good feel, control and decent speed. I use D05/D80

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Muratalla

Ricopin, I have it as an option too, but I have heard and read comments that it has low durability and that made me put it one step down, I don't know what experience you have in this regard.

I got a new one recently from tt11. No problems with splintering. I remember I talked to paddlepalace about splintering issues, they said that this has long been remedied and was only present on the first batch of blades.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 7 31
    I
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 31 7
    Quote Originally Posted by ricospin
    I got a new one recently from tt11. No problems with splintering. I remember I talked to paddlepalace about splintering issues, they said that this has long been remedied and was only present on the first batch of blades.

Have you tried the Stiga Arctic Wood? Reviews comment that it is very similar to the Infinity VPS, it could be an alternative too.

Have you tried the Stiga Arctic Wood? Reviews comment that it is very similar to the Infinity VPS, it could be an alternative too.

No I have not tried. Infinity has a unique feeling. Soft feeling but it’s stiff with the perfect amount of flex

says Never underestmate a blocker

Advanced TTD Member 67 210
    says Never underestmate a blocker

Advanced TTD Member 210 67
    Hello everyone, my situation is the next, I´m currently a user of a DHS Fang Bo Carbon with Nittaku FastArc G-1 2.0 on both sides, I also have a Rozzena, the problem is that although I was a very active player before (5 times per week) I stopped playing for about 3 years, my physical condition worsened and although I am returning to this beutiful sport, the frequency of playing is and will be much less for at least the next 3-4 months.

Due to my combination and my situation I am having problems with the feeling of the shots, so I am looking for a blade that can help me, that has more sensation, control and less rigidity with the purpose of being able to generalize the spin more easily.

Which one do you think fulfills the characteristics better: Nittaku Acustic or BT Innerforce ZLF (the price limit is 175 euros)?
    I am currently playing with Fukuhara ZLF (that is almost identical to Interforce ZLF but a slight faster) with G1 on both sides.
    Fukuhara is a blade with unparalleled feeling, very controllable and loads of spin. Paired with Fastarc G-1 you get a spin machine with great control and feeling.

On the other hand, i tried the Acoustic some years ago and hated it. It was faster than Fukuhara, but felt "dead" and rigid. No feel at all.

Long story short, my suggestion is go with Innerforce ZLF. ZLF gives a great woody feeling to the blade which is what you're looking for.
    If you want a little more speed, take a look at Boll ZLF which is faster due to the Koto outer ply.

The Following User Likes Arkady's Post:

Ivan Muratalla

This user has no status.

TTD Member 7 33
    L
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 33 7

User Info Menu

Nov 2018
    Italy
    Read 0 Reviews

If you just want to change the blade and stick to G1s I would second stiga infinity: these rubbers feel fantastic on it. On the other hand I didn't like fastarc g1 on the fh of acoustic at all. Can't say anything about if zlf.

The Following User Likes longrange's Post:

Ivan Muratalla

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 99 214
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 214 99

User Info Menu

I would also give serious consideration to a Violin - I have both Acoustic and Violin and for what you are looking for the Violin is a better match. In fact I prefer it in most respects to my Acoustic and find very little difference in speed (if any)

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 88 263
    A
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 263 88
    What handle are you considering? If Chinese penhold I have an Acoustic for you if you want to save some $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

TTD Member 7 31
    I
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 31 7
    Quote Originally Posted by alas26
    What handle are you considering? If Chinese penhold I have an Acoustic for you if you want to save some $.

Shakehand FL

Quote Originally Posted by alas26

What else do you have? fellow penholder

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 10
    S
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 10 1

User Info Menu

Oct 2021
    Europe
    Read 0 Reviews

Ivan,

which Fang Bo Carbon do you mean, standard or new B2X
    what are your feelings from DHS Fang Bo Carbon and Tenergy 05 from your profile compared to Fang Bo with Fast Arc G1

Last edited by sasho; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:02 AM.