Change of rubbers (tenergy 05)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Hello everyone,

I have been using max tenergy 05 on fh, max donic coppa x3 on bh on a donic waldner senso blade (all around). I have had many different rubbers through the year and the donic coppa x3 seems to fit perfect for my bh. The only problem seems to be the tenergy 05. As expected the loops and attacking side of this rubber is fenominal, but the problem i have with it is it's sensitivity to serves. When I encounter players with spinny serves the sheet does not seem to be consistent and returning the ball low seems to be near impossible. I was wondering if anyone has tips for rubbers that have a simular high arc and control, but with less sensitivity to spin in short play?

Thanks in advance! Hope i explained it well enough, would be great to find a rubber that maybe fits me better.

I can not give you any advice another rubber, but if it’s generating spin it will be sensitive to spin. It’s a natural law that can not be broken. So it’s better to learn how to receive the serves.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I can not give you any advice another rubber, but if it’s generating spin it will be sensitive to spin. It’s a natural law that can not be broken. So it’s better to learn how to receive the serves.

Cheers
L-zr

Maybe better for me to get a less sensitive sheet then? I have no problem reading spin in a game, but receiving serves has never been my best point.

I have problems too, but once I figure the serve out it’s OK. I usually ask the players with difficult served to practice with me. More often then not they say yes.

The only other safe bet is using short pips but then You want be able to give much spin either…

Cheers
L-zr

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Hello everyone,

I have been using max tenergy 05 on fh, max donic coppa x3 on bh on a donic waldner senso blade (all around). I have had many different rubbers through the year and the donic coppa x3 seems to fit perfect for my bh. The only problem seems to be the tenergy 05. As expected the loops and attacking side of this rubber is fenominal, but the problem i have with it is it's sensitivity to serves. When I encounter players with spinny serves the sheet does not seem to be consistent and returning the ball low seems to be near impossible. I was wondering if anyone has tips for rubbers that have a simular high arc and control, but with less sensitivity to spin in short play?

Thanks in advance! Hope i explained it well enough, would be great to find a rubber that maybe fits me better.

Hi D3nnis, I had the same problem a couple of years ago.
Maybe you could try stickly rubbers, like Dignics09c, DNA Dragon Grip, etc. When I decided to make the change, I gained more control and spin, but with a proper technique you put the proper power. They're not fast, but with the time maybe you will love them. Regards