Stuor Harimoto Zlc blade arrived

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Also, they provide a qr code that links to product verification page. I entered my product number and it said I have a genuine product. Less clunky than the dhs system.

But did they really think somebody would make fake Stuor blades?

• Haha
Reactions: Tipiak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Also, they provide a qr code that links to product verification page. I entered my product number and it said I have a genuine product. Less clunky than the dhs system.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Well you never know, somebody might copy and improve them and then sell them for half the price 🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I put some very old rubber on just to see how it is. Just from bouncing it, im guessing that it has a fair bit of dwell time with good rebound as well. Looking forward to testing it out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Here are my impressions. For the most part, this blade largely delivers on the traits that a limba inner zlc blade would suggest. Considering it was $30, its a home run for value seekers.

Firstly, it has a bit similar outer feeling as the fang bo carbon. The limba layer gives a very soft feeling, slightly mushy. Overall, the FBC gives a harder feeling though. Maybe DHS chose a stiffer limba than Stuor.

On most shots, the Stuor zlc feels more elastic and springy than the FBC. This is what you should expect from zlc i suppose. But Stuor zlc feels slightly less springy than the carbon Sanwei CC. Especially on bh drive and bh loops, the stuor zlc gives me extra spring and extra kick than the fbc, while feely more controlled than the cc. My BH seems to be best with this blade. Bh opening loops were springy and consistent.

On my max power forehand loops, this blade feels softer than FBC. Im not sure if its actually slower or if it just feels slower, but the stuor zlc feels softer than the FBC. Fbc gives a more solid stable feeling on power fh loops. My impression though is that stuor zlc somehow bottoms out earlier and feels softer than the fbc on fh power loop. Next time ill try a harder rubber. On medium fh loops it has the characteristic springiness, and sometimes my fh went long when i wasnt expecting it to. Some others have commented that this is weakness of zlc.

Ive never tried the real harimoto zlc, but the stuor version plays how i would expect it to. With springy zlc layer that kicks in quite easily and some dwell time from the limba surface. The limba layer does feel more soft and mushy than im used to, especially on the FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I've had 3 sessions with the Stuor inner ZLC now, so it's more clear to me now. I feel that the "zlc" springiness is quite prominent in this blade. My BH has a bit of extra kick. Especially when I am behind the table, I think this blade helps my BH quite a bit.

On the FH, I often times am afraid that the ball is going to go out. It actually affects me more when I am hitting a medium shot than a hard shot. Because of the rather strong rebound, some of my FH medium shots are long when I don't expect them to be. When I do a faster/harder loop, the ball is more likely to spin into the table. But, I think subconsciously and instinctively I am hitting my FH power loop with a more closed racket face to prevent the ball from going long, so I think that also causes me to whiff more balls. Compared to the DHS Bo2, I feel less confident in my forehand. In the corner of my mind, I'm worried about hitting the ball long.

Now, in some sense, I suppose this should be a credit to the makers. They have managed to make a blade for $30 that seems to capture the ZLC traits, whether or not it really is zlc.

Anyways, I know a lot of guys on the forum commented that they don't like ZLC because they have trouble keeping the ball on the table. I guess I am experiencing some of that as well. If I keep playing with the blade, will I get used to the springiness? Or will I always be worried about getting the ball onto the table?

I wish I could just hand my blade to some of you forum members to hear your feedback.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I bumped into a guy playing with the Butterfly Harimoto S-ZLC today. I showed him my Stuor ZLC blade, and we were both surprised how similar they look from the side.

I asked him if I could try hitting with his blade, but he declined. I then asked him if he can try hitting with my Stuor blade, but he also declined. I think he didn't want to consider the possibility that the blades might be similar in playing characteristics. So I'm still left not really knowing how close or far the Stuor clone is to the original.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
I bumped into a guy playing with the Butterfly Harimoto S-ZLC today. I showed him my Stuor ZLC blade, and we were both surprised how similar they look from the side. I asked him if I could try hitting with his blade, but he declined. I then asked him if he can try hitting with my Stuor blade, but he also declined. I think he didn't want to consider the possibility that the blades might be similar in playing characteristics. So I'm still left not really knowing how close or far the Stuor clone is to the original.

Some people don't touch others rackets because of viruses. I have friend like this. He doesn't let to try his racket and doesn't buy used blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Some people don't touch others rackets because of viruses. I have friend like this. He doesn't let to try his racket and doesn't buy used blades

In this case, this guy is always buying and selling used blades, exchanging blades, etc. So germs were not his concern I dont believe.