Is it necessary to glue the blade and rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

welp. I have opposite experience. Yinhe booster-glue torn my limba on Donic Appelgren. That particular example I would not call exactly weak.

interesting.
I can't say I know Yinhe the most, but I might be one of the person in this forum who knows them pretty well.
I've been involved with them for almost 10 years now, and i'm eager to hear how did it torn your limb/a

Did you mix anything on there?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

interesting.
I can't say I know Yinhe the most, but I might be one of the person in this forum who knows them pretty well.
I've been involved with them for almost 10 years now, and i'm eager to hear how did it torn your limb/a

Did you mix anything on there?

factory glue on rubber + tsp glue on blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Untitled png.png

My glue of choice... And someone else who is probably from my club...

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I normally only glue the blade and just stick on the rubber, but is it actually necessary to glue the rubber as well?

I notice that sometimes the rubber visibly sticks onto the blade and I don't see any air holes or detachment, but when I bounce the ball there is a weird "dead" feeling. It feels like the rubber isn't actually attached to the blade when it visibly appears to be.

Do rubbers actually perform differently if you glue both the rubber and the blade?
It is interesting to me that you ask a question and answer it in your post.

If there is a weird dead feeling and it feels like the rubber isn't actually attached......then......there is a weird dead feeling and the rubber isn't properly attached.

That could happen with a layer on the wood also. It could be that your method of placing and pressing the rubber onto the blade face before cutting is not so great. But, adding glue to both surfaces before gluing makes it so it is less likely for that to happen because, as someone said, the glue, sticks better to the glue than it would to the wood if the glue was only on the sponge. And the glue sticks better to the glue, if it was only on the wood. So, if the glue is on both the wood and the sponge, and your method for pressing the rubber/sponge onto the wood was flawed, you still have a better chance of the two sticking well without those air pockets that you don't realize are there when it feels like the rubber is not properly attached to the wood.

So, YES. You are almost certainly correct in thinking that you are not gluing the rubbers on properly and that is likely why they feel like they are not properly attached.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

factory glue on rubber + tsp glue on blade.

As what Zwill say, you do have some glue on the blade. So it could be a vast possibility.

In the Pro gluing space, it is not uncommon for different glue to be used on the blade and on the rubber - for better bonding/performance.
I'm no chemical professor, but I'm sure if you mix and match incorrectly, you might also get a super sticky bond or terrible bond.

I am guessing that the TSP you use + factory layer probably made it very sticky.

No one talked about it yet, but you get thin watery glue and you get some really thick white paste, then you get some in between.
There is no standard voc free glue, but I have seen some crazy thick glue that dries up enough during the spreading that you can spread any further. I've also seen gluing going off. I also seen a glue that made the rubber sponge super sticky that it can do what the xiom iswitch is doing (don't need to reglue)

Then talking about the blade surface, other than glue, it could also be contact or the limba play received some external damage either by other gluing/removing or by contact.

There are many possibilities, and I think the strength (or lack of) from your Yinhe being the only reason is very low.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It is interesting to me that you ask a question and answer it in your post.

If there is a weird dead feeling and it feels like the rubber isn't actually attached......then......there is a weird dead feeling and the rubber isn't properly attached.

That could happen with a layer on the wood also. It could be that your method of placing and pressing the rubber onto the blade face before cutting is not so great. But, adding glue to both surfaces before gluing makes it so it is less likely for that to happen because, as someone said, the glue, sticks better to the glue than it would to the wood if the glue was only on the sponge. And the glue sticks better to the glue, if it was only on the wood. So, if the glue is on both the wood and the sponge, and your method for pressing the rubber/sponge onto the wood was flawed, you still have a better chance of the two sticking well without those air pockets that you don't realize are there when it feels like the rubber is not properly attached to the wood.

So, YES. You are almost certainly correct in thinking that you are not gluing the rubbers on properly and that is likely why they feel like they are not properly attached.

haha yeah

and to answer his question very,

applying 1 layer on blade and 1 on rubber, compared to
1 layer on blade and 4 layer on rubber is also different.