Stiga Clipper Wood Chinese (or budget) rubbers advice

Hey guys, I'm an owner of a 20 years old Stiga Clipper Wood blade, which my coach bought me back then. I've been playing a lot, but had a long break so now I'm returning back.

After the break I got a feeling that I'm not controlling my technique as well as I would love to, so I decided to temporary switch to more controlled 5 ply blade — Yasaka Sweden Extra and glued Xiom Vega X + Palio AK 47 blue on it. I love the result and have a plenty technique aspects to work on with it.

At the same time I have my nostalgic Clipper in my bag waiting for its time and would love to try some not too expensive options for it as an experiment. I don't plan to visit Olympics in a nearest future, so I would really love to not to spend more than $20 per rubber.
I tend to play in offensive / allround style, with more spinning rather than smashing. Also I've read that medium rubbers may be a better fit for clipper rather than soft ones I've put on YSE. I don't want rubbers to be very tacky, so tend more to European style or hybrid.

So here are a couple of thoughts I have:
Palio AK 47 Red (FH) + Palio AK 47 Yellow (BH)
Maybe Yinhe Jupiter II for tests (not sure about the hardness and which side to use yet).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The idea that softer rubbers don't work with a Clipper is just silly. Of course they do. I know a player who is pretty high level in US and a coach who uses a Clipper with VERY soft rubbers and he is an amazing player. All those kinds of things where people say one kind of rubber does not work with some specific blade are not true and just based on how someone felt things after using something that was different and then trying the said setup. And everyone feels things differently.

I would actually just get the same rubbers you are using on the Sweden Extra so that you are not making a change in rubbers and blade at the same time when you switch back and forth. But the rubbers you are thinking of should be fine as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeah, agree with using the same.

the problem with changing is, then you will never stop changing or experimenting.
But if one has to give you options, there are tons of cheap alternatives China brands you can try, and many of time come with sponge hardness options to meet your requirements.

One thing to note, YSE is an allround blade versus your Clipper, an off blade. So you going to get a lot more kick.
So if you not looking for something that fast, then don't go faster than what you already have

Yeah, agree with using the same.

the problem with changing is, then you will never stop changing or experimenting.
But if one has to give you options, there are tons of cheap alternatives China brands you can try, and many of time come with sponge hardness options to meet your requirements.

I agree that there are too many options, but to limit myself I'm trying to choose between quite popular ones. I'm glad that I've decided to try another blade. I got some knowledge out of it.

So I don't plan to experiment with it too much. Probably just 2-4 sheets of a rubber to get more different examples of what possible combinations are.
If nothing will fit my style, it is easy to buy the same set as I already have.