Clubs in Vancouver and Toronto. Looking for friends in Canada

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Hope you are all doing well. In a month or two, I will be visiting both Vancouver and Toronto.
I just want to ask if there are clubs there and want to have a hit with.
I'm a Division 2 player :)
Im mostly free in the evening.
I wouldn't know much about Vancouver, but there are lots of clubs around Toronto. Mind you, the Greater Toronto Area is very big, so you may have a long drive to some clubs, depending on where you're staying. You may need to check out the relative distance to the clubs from your address while in the GTA.

For starters, you can check out Top Spin Toronto https://topspintoronto.com/ in the western end of North York (one of the boroughs of Toronto). You'll find lots of friendly people there, and they're open evenings.

Cheers,
Tono

P.S. - I noticed you have a Japanese flag in your user info. People call me "Tono" as a short version for "Antonio"... but in Japan, my friends jokingly call me Tono-sama 😉

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: amekun
This user has no status.
I wouldn't know much about Vancouver, but there are lots of clubs around Toronto. Mind you, the Greater Toronto Area is very big, so you may have a long drive to some clubs, depending on where you're staying. You may need to check out the relative distance to the clubs from your address while in the GTA.

For starters, you can check out Top Spin Toronto https://topspintoronto.com/ in the western end of North York (one of the boroughs of Toronto). You'll find lots of friendly people there, and they're open evenings.

Cheers,
Tono

P.S. - I noticed you have a Japanese flag in your user info. People call me "Tono" as a short version for "Antonio"... but in Japan, my friends jokingly call me Tono-sama 😉

Dear Tono-san

I appreciate the reply. I will definetly check it out once i confirm my booking in toronto. I plan to stay in the very center of toronto near tourist location spots. Touring until the afternoon and playing in the evening. Quick question, what rules apply when dropping in? reservation? or do i need to have a partner before going in? or can i play with the people already there?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

Quick question, what rules apply when dropping in? reservation? or do i need to have a partner before going in? or can i play with the people already there?

You can drop in and play with whoever is there, you don't need a partner. I would suggest you contact Elena (the club manager) by email before you go in order to get details. There will be a drop-in fee, and she appreciates if you tell her you're going to show up beforehand, in case it gets too busy. I usually go Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and there's a pretty diverse group of very friendly players, as you would expect in Toronto.

If you're staying downtown, it will take you probably half an hour to drive to Top Spin club by car. Subway/bus would probably take an hour. Other clubs to the northeast or Mississauga would be further away. Like I said, the GTA is spread over a large area.

One thing to do that most tourists don't think about: take a ferry to Centre Island, and stay until after you see the sunset. The view of the Toronto skyline at sunset from the islands is pretty nice, and it makes for great photography in the blue hour, if you're into that. And of course, you can't miss Niagara Falls, and maybe even visit a nice small town, like Niagara-on-the-Lake (if you're driving). If you like an offbeat/hippie kind of vibe, try Kensinton Market. And if there are any street festivals happening when you're here (Greek festival, Latin festival, Polish festival, etc...) those are usually fun. I hope you enjoy cultural/ethnic diversity - I think it's one of the main things that make Toronto special.

• Love
Reactions: amekun
This user has no status.
You can drop in and play with whoever is there, you don't need a partner. I would suggest you contact Elena (the club manager) by email before you go in order to get details. There will be a drop-in fee, and she appreciates if you tell her you're going to show up beforehand, in case it gets too busy. I usually go Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and there's a pretty diverse group of very friendly players, as you would expect in Toronto.

If you're staying downtown, it will take you probably half an hour to drive to Top Spin club by car. Subway/bus would probably take an hour. Other clubs to the northeast or Mississauga would be further away. Like I said, the GTA is spread over a large area.

One thing to do that most tourists don't think about: take a ferry to Centre Island, and stay until after you see the sunset. The view of the Toronto skyline at sunset from the islands is pretty nice, and it makes for great photography in the blue hour, if you're into that. And of course, you can't miss Niagara Falls, and maybe even visit a nice small town, like Niagara-on-the-Lake (if you're driving). If you like an offbeat/hippie kind of vibe, try Kensinton Market. And if there are any street festivals happening when you're here (Greek festival, Latin festival, Polish festival, etc...) those are usually fun. I hope you enjoy cultural/ethnic diversity - I think it's one of the main things that make Toronto special.

Dear Tono-san

Thank you for your advise regarding the tourist spots. I will think about it greatly. Yes, i will do as you say and send her an email before going. ill be commuting. Hope to see you there.