Should I leave rubber in plastic seal?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It could be also subjective matter but even the top players like Ma Long, FZD, ZJK are twiddling their rackets for using backend rubber (BTY T/D) while smashing. probably their hurricane 3's are faster or equal than anyone can get and also clearly their level is higher than anyone's in this forum :)
Smash is direct impact. Springier sponge would be better to use and faster for direct impact. But it is also worth noting: Ma Long uses H3 on his BH. So, if he is twiddling, he is twiddling to the softer sponge for the direct impact of the smash. But those guys you mentioned are all looping on FH with H3.

My guess is, part of what you are talking about is why someone who does not get the speed from H3 might think the rubbers with the springy sponge are faster when looping: more direct impact than ideal for looping.

It is also true that different players contact the ball with different techniques. So......some looping techniques are better for springy sponged rubbers and others are better for H3. This is why, when someone switches from Euro/Japanese springy sponged rubbers to H3, it takes quite a while for them to start getting used to how you need to contact the ball with H3. I am not sure there is the same readjustment time for switching back from H3 to Spring Sponge. I never found there was. And when I switched back, I never had a problem picking up someone's racket that had H3 on it and using the H3 how it is meant to be used.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Sorry. Can't upload a video in some way. Wrong file type. Perhaps I could get some help?

UpSideDownCarl is on to something there. :)

I'm not that high level, mainly because I'm getting older and I tend to miss now and then :)
But that is how I play. Very brushy :)

I think you may have to upload the video to YouTube or something like it in order to put it on here.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
The benchmark for cheap Chinese rubber is whatever Iskandar Taib thinks about it. He is the Man for cheap Chinese rubbers.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If I'm wrong, at least I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. Are you willing to take the bet? If you are right, I'm literally just giving you free money. Where is the downside for you.
Why would I make a bet with someone I don't know about something that honestly involves technique in how you touch the ball on a loop concerning someone I have never seen play?

I can find someone who can loop faster and more spinny with H3. But.....would you honor it if I got someone like Kevin Wang to loop with his racket and another racket that had Tenergy on it?

If you like, you can look up who Kevin (Can) Wang is, and he definitely was over 2500 last time I looked at his rating. Watch this video and tell me whose loop is faster:

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Yes I would honor it, hence why I said we send the money into escrow or to a 3rd party paypal account.

The bet was that Mocker could loop faster with H3 (not Ma Long).

And does Kevin Wang play H3 boosted? Because the bet clearly states H3 new and unboosted.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yes I would honor it, hence why I said we send the money into escrow or to a 3rd party paypal account.

The bet was that Mocker could loop faster with H3 (not Ma Long).

And does Kevin Wang play H3 boosted? Because the bet clearly states H3 new and unboosted.
You are just a strange character. I am not betting on what someone I have never seen can do. I am just saying, I know it is possible depending on who is holding the racket.

But I am waiting for BH footage from you in that BH advice thread. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Now I managed to merge together a couple of sequences showing what I aim for when I play. Not the best quality, but it's what I have. :)

I try to brush the ball quite fast and then I need a harder sponge and a quite hard top sheet. Using a Dignics or Tenergy never gets me near the speed I get from the H3 41deg. Big Dipper 38/39deg is too soft for me to be responsive enough, so that's why H3 is faster for me. :)

https://filedropper.com/d/s/A7biXKT59cSMsCcAVbwfDZxyh3h3Z1

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
You are just a strange character. I am not betting on what someone I have never seen can do. I am just saying, I know it is possible depending on who is holding the racket.

But I am waiting for BH footage from you in that BH advice thread. :)

You have never seen Mocker. and I have never seen Mocker. I'm betting completely blind. I completely acknowledge that it is certainly possible to hit faster with H3 than with Tenergy, but my assertation is that most of the population would not hit faster with H3. Although I have never seen Mocker play, assuming he is within the constraints of normal humanity, I like the odds that Tenergy would be faster for him.

Sure, I just happened to take some video today.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You have never seen Mocker. and I have never seen Mocker. I'm betting completely blind. I completely acknowledge that it is certainly possible to hit faster with H3 than with Tenergy, but my assertation is that most of the population would not hit faster with H3. Although I have never seen Mocker play, assuming he is within the constraints of normal humanity, I like the odds that Tenergy would be faster for him.

Sure, I just happened to take some video today.
I appreciate the video footage. But there is no real footage of your backhand that would qualify you as having a backhand to comment in that thread.

As far as betting with you, you are still being ridiculous.

I showed video of someone looping much faster than Timo Boll with H3. But you are likely correct in assuming Can's FH rubber is boosted.

All I can tell you is, it is possible. But the idea that you want to make a bet.....it makes me wonder about you. Sorry....the stuff you write about equipment, the ideas you come up with that seem to assume that everyone is the same and everyone will feel equipment the same way....there are a lot of things that I find strange.....but this, this is aggressive foolishness. I never said I would bet about anything.

But, I would love to see you post some footage of you looping backspin in a match with your BH instead of pushing long pushes with it.

In that thread where TaiHaoPingPong asked advice from players with good BHs you said:
Michael Zhuang;369613
one thing that helps me is to lower my head to almost at the ball level. My eyes are near where the ball bounces, and somehow this helps me get lift and acceleration through the ball.

I am assuming this advice is theoretical because in the video you just posted, you are always pretty upright and your head is an awful lot higher than the ball or your racket on all of your shots (except the smash of the popped up ball), particularly the 2 BH shots in the video. But I would love to see footage of you looping backspin with your BH in a match situation.

It is not hard to do. And it would be good to work on.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now I managed to merge together a couple of sequences showing what I aim for when I play. Not the best quality, but it's what I have. :)

I try to brush the ball quite fast and then I need a harder sponge and a quite hard top sheet. Using a Dignics or Tenergy never gets me near the speed I get from the H3 41deg. Big Dipper 38/39deg is too soft for me to be responsive enough, so that's why H3 is faster for me. :)

https://filedropper.com/d/s/A7biXKT59cSMsCcAVbwfDZxyh3h3Z1

Those are nice spinny loops vs backspin. Nice to see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I appreciate the video footage. But there is no real footage of your backhand that would qualify you as having a backhand to comment in that thread.

As far as betting with you, you are still being ridiculous.

I showed video of someone looping much faster than Timo Boll with H3. But you are likely correct in assuming Can's FH rubber is boosted.

All I can tell you is, it is possible. But the idea that you want to make a bet.....it makes me wonder about you. Sorry....the stuff you write about equipment, the ideas you come up with that seem to assume that everyone is the same and everyone will feel equipment the same way....there are a lot of things that I find strange.....but this, this is aggressive foolishness. I never said I would bet about anything.

But, I would love to see you post some footage of you looping backspin in a match with your BH instead of pushing long pushes with it.

In that thread where TaiHaoPingPong asked advice from players with good BHs you said:

I am assuming this advice is theoretical because in the video you just posted, you are always pretty upright and your head is an awful lot higher than the ball or your racket on all of your shots (except the smash of the popped up ball), particularly the 2 BH shots in the video. But I would love to see footage of you looping backspin with your BH in a match situation.

It is not hard to do. And it would be good to work on.

Good point, I've always had knee and back problems, so I am always a bit stiff in my movements. So I should try to bend more. I didn't get many chances at backhand loops, but maybe next time I can take a video with more BH loops.

I'm sure you know, but at this lowly level, a lot of times it's more efficient to win points by waiting for a FH shot, then to play fast with a BH opening loop. Although I try to throw in more BH loops in games.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Good point, I've always had knee and back problems, so I am always a bit stiff in my movements. So I should try to bend more. I didn't get many chances at backhand loops, but maybe next time I can take a video with more BH loops.

I'm sure you know, but at this lowly level, a lot of times it's more efficient to win points by waiting for a FH shot, then to play fast with a BH opening loop. Although I try to throw in more BH loops in games.
Fair enough. But against someone you are as much better than, as the guy you are playing in that video, certainly you could try any number of things especially when ahead by as much as you were by the end. That seems the perfect time to work on the BH openings.

As far as getting low, the advice is good. I just noticed that the advice you gave was not something it seemed you did. But it is good to work on getting lower. And regardless, posting footage is always good. And your FH openings did look nice and spinny.