Back to Forum
    says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 36 48
    says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 48 36

Table Tennis Tips: A better feeling with the ball

Hello everyone, I'm pretty surprised with the performance and feeling you can get by only changing your glue or adding more layers, depending on their viscosity.Talking about viscosity in glue, at the lowest end of a resistance scale, fluids run like water. The higher end covers substances that have become thick and gelatinous.I spent time testing different glues and layers. And I put too much love and effort in the following video.What I like and I'm pretty excited about the new #stigabond glue is its low/medium viscosity. That means, I can manage my feeling with more or less layers of glue.And of course, the good adhesion and quick drying too.

Your comments, opinions and experiences are most than welcome

The Following 6 Users Like VictorMoraga's Post:

IB66, jammmail and 4 others

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 243 487
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 487 243
    Maybe I’ll buy that next time, I also like low/medium viscosity glue, which is why I’m using butterfly freechack pro ii right now.

The Following User Likes DukeGaGa's Post:

VictorMoraga

says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 36 48
    says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 48 36
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGaGa
    Maybe I’ll buy that next time, I also like low/medium viscosity glue, which is why I’m using butterfly freechack pro ii right now.

Free Chack Pro II felt nice. I had some difficulties trying to remove it from the rubber, but anything else worked fine. Ohhh, and by the way, it smells good XD

says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Master TTD Member 720 1,672
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Master TTD Member 1,672 720
    How does the difference feel? What sensations in the feeling change?

I've been using Xiom IBond for quite a while now. Its runny af. I wonder. Whether i should put more than one layer of it.

The Following User Likes Kuba Hajto's Post:

VictorMoraga

/devnull

says https://sunrisetabletennis.com

TTD Member 22 39

TTD Member 39 22

User Info Menu

Oct 2016
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    I've been using this from Party City for years. I would consider it a low viscosity. The review is not from me.

The Following 2 Users Like Way Zooted's Post:

aliastheaka and VictorMoraga

says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 36 48
    says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 48 36
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto
    How does the difference feel? What sensations in the feeling change?

I've been using Xiom IBond for quite a while now. Its runny af. I wonder. Whether i should put more than one layer of it.
    Hey Kuba, nice question. I found a post in this forum, related to the feeling and touch.
    The importance of feel if you read that post 👈 will give an idea about what the feeling means.

ON MY OPINION, feeling is the way I can touch the ball, sometimes with spin, something with no spin, and the way I can put the ball in a specific placement with accuracy and control.
    My accuracy changed using on thin layer or 2 layers of glue.
    If you try it, let us know the results. I will keep gluing my blade and rubbers to 2 layers each.

After that "Personal Opinion", I learned that different glues and layers of glue can change that feeling with the ball.
    I don't want to go deeper with the feeling, because that part is personal. And trying to understand the different feelings, is like trying to understand color preferences. But in summary, glue can affect that feeling.

Take care !

The Following User Likes VictorMoraga's Post:

SamTheMan

says it's about technique

Advanced TTD Member 86 332
    says it's about technique

Advanced TTD Member 332 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Way Zooted
    I've been using this from Party City for years. I would consider it a low viscosity. The review is not from me.

Do you use it like regular TT glue?

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 5
    L
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 1

User Info Menu

May 2022
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews

Yes, I use it this way.

The Following User Likes Lynnguayy's Post:

VictorMoraga

TTD Member 22 39

TTD Member 39 22

User Info Menu

Oct 2016
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ricospin

Do you use it like regular TT glue?

Yes. 1 layer on blade and rubber, let dry and attach. Unless there is already glue on the rubber (out of the package or after boosting). In which case I'll glue just the blade.

The Following User Likes Way Zooted's Post:

VictorMoraga

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 608 1,150
    I
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,150 608

User Info Menu

I have been using Revolution no3 for a while now, it comes in 3 viscosity levels, so depending how thick you like your glue, you have a choice.
    the main reason I use this glue is because it’s so easy to remove from sponge/blade!!
    my experience is that usually, virtually no glue stays on the blade when removing the rubber, and the glue on the rubber can be easily peeled off, sometimes in one piece.
    Generally I use 2 layers on both blade and sponge, (sometimes 3, usually when applied to rubbers like H3)
    DHS no15 is also a good glue especially when boosting rubbers, apparently thick glue layers go well with H3 type rubbers..

As for the ‘better feeling with the ball’ I don’t think I’m sensitive enough to notice the difference!!??Coupled with the fact that I’ve never tried or tested the same set ups with different glues / glue layers side by side!!!

The Following 2 Users Like IB66's Post:

latej and VictorMoraga

says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 36 48
    says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 48 36

Did you miss "Speed Glue"?. If you never heard about it maybe because I'm too old 😂
    I never had the same feeling after using speed glue 🏓

The Following 2 Users Like VictorMoraga's Post:

IB66 and ttarc

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 608 1,150
    I
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,150 608

User Info Menu

I was playing before speed glue was a thing in England, stopped playing, started again maybe 4 or so years later, speed glue was now in full effect, but as a local league player, I wasn’t really aware of it!! No internet back then !!! Played for a season or two then stopped playing for 30 or so years, so basically missed speed glue completely!!!!!!

The Following User Likes IB66's Post:

VictorMoraga

says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 36 48
    says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 48 36
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    I was playing before speed glue was a thing in England, stopped playing, started again maybe 4 or so years later, speed glue was now in full effect, but as a local league player, I wasn’t really aware of it!! No internet back then !!! Played for a season or two then stopped playing for 30 or so years, so basically missed speed glue completely!!!!!!

Nice one !!!
    Even the booster doesn't make me feel the same like the old speed glue.
    Well, by the way. I think Falco and Stiga BOND fit my game style.
    I think I have a better touch with them 🏓

The Following 2 Users Like VictorMoraga's Post:

IB66 and jammmail

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 243 487
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 487 243
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    I have been using Revolution no3 for a while now, it comes in 3 viscosity levels, so depending how thick you like your glue, you have a choice.
    the main reason I use this glue is because it’s so easy to remove from sponge/blade!!
    my experience is that usually, virtually no glue stays on the blade when removing the rubber, and the glue on the rubber can be easily peeled off, sometimes in one piece.
    Generally I use 2 layers on both blade and sponge, (sometimes 3, usually when applied to rubbers like H3)
    DHS no15 is also a good glue especially when boosting rubbers, apparently thick glue layers go well with H3 type rubbers..

As for the ‘better feeling with the ball’ I don’t think I’m sensitive enough to notice the difference!!??Coupled with the fact that I’ve never tried or tested the same set ups with different glues / glue layers side by side!!!

The problem I have with Revolution No3 is the smell. I can't find a medium viscosity one that is odorless, the only odorless one I can find is normal, which is a little too runny to my liking.

The Following 2 Users Like DukeGaGa's Post:

IB66 and VictorMoraga

says Spin to win

Advanced TTD Member 106 276
    says Spin to win

Advanced TTD Member 276 106
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorMoraga

Nice one !!!
    Even the booster doesn't make me feel the same like the old speed glue.
    Well, by the way. I think Falco and Stiga BOND fit my game style.
    I think I have a better touch with them 🏓

Hi Victor nice video - I like your style :-)
    Are you sponsored by Stiga or just like/a fan of their products? Ive used the Gewo and Butterfly glues your tried but using the Xiom Energy (spped boost) glue atm and really like it. Might be worth a try.
    Do you boost your Dragon Grip?

The Following User Likes jammmail's Post:

VictorMoraga

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 146 294
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 294 146
    Well I only encountered with only a handful different glues. Most are the same just rebranded.

There are the German made glues like the BTY Freechack 1, and almost every brand has something like that in their offering. From the shown glues the Gewo Hydrotec is also one of them, but also Andro Turbo Fix, Joola X-glue, Donic Vario and the list goes on and on. They all have the same bottle too across brands so very easy to spot them. I personally don't like this glue since it's crappy to remove it from the sponge and it usually damages weaker sponges. The only difference across the brands is the viscosity of the glue, some are thinner some are thicker.

There are the Revolution no3 types of glues, like the above mentioned Xiom Energy glue. I can't confirm this but the Lidu and Dianchi glues are pretty similar too if not the same. They smell the same and act the same. This glue is pretty good, if you have 3 good layers you can remove it in one go without damaging the sponge. The Lidu and Dianchi stuff is very thin if you are into that. Biggest problem with these is that they smell super bad. I haven't had a chance to try the odorless version.

There is the Nittaku Finezip wich was a pretty popular glue. I had one tub at a point but it was named Stiga Attach power glue, and it's the same stuff again just rebranded. It is a good glue but my biggest problem with it was that it spoiled rather quickly. And it's pretty expensive too.

DHS No 15 is again a different glue and I haven't seen it re-branded yet. I like it since it's cheap and easy to remove like the Revolution just it doesn't have any bad smell. As every glue this one also has some negative aspect, it's a bit "heavyweight".

I don't know about the mentioned Stiga Bond glue, I kind of doubt Stiga developed a glue and looking at the bottle it seems like it's a Revolution bottle so I suppose I solved a mystery for myself.

I have never seen the Yasaka Norisuke-san nor Freechack 2 or the Falco glue so I can't comment if those are different or the same as already mentioned glues.

I suppose once you start stacking layers the glue can change the feeling of the paddle but probably 2 rather thin layers don't matter much. One thing I noticed is that once you remove German glue from a sponge it's not so bouncy as like a DHS or Revolution glue. From DHS and Revo you can make a bouncy ball while the German glue is more like gelatin.

The Following 3 Users Like Zwill's Post:

jammmail, ricospin and 1 other

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 318 738
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 738 318

User Info Menu

You ripped the rubber of the wrong way. Do it side to side, otherwise You will run a bigger risk to tear the wood off...

I want the thinnest layer possible, therefore I never let it dry before assembly.
    Works perfect for me.

Cheers
    L-zr

The Following 2 Users Like Lazer's Post:

jammmail and VictorMoraga

Steal a little and they throw You in jail, Steal a lot and they make You King... (Dylan)

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 660 351
    R
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 351 660
    I used dhs 15 for a while when I was using chinese rubbers, worked pretty well with those.. especially if you boost. Now with T05 hard I prefer free chack 2 which isn't as thick. My feeling was that when I used the thicker glue I had less "feeling", my shots felt less crisp and I had to swing faster to get a lot of power. Also feels easier to get an even coating with thinner glue.

The Following 2 Users Like Richie's Post:

jammmail and VictorMoraga

says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 36 48
    says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 48 36
    Quote Originally Posted by jammmail
    Hi Victor nice video - I like your style :-)
    Are you sponsored by Stiga or just like/a fan of their products? Ive used the Gewo and Butterfly glues your tried but using the Xiom Energy (spped boost) glue atm and really like it. Might be worth a try.
    Do you boost your Dragon Grip?

Hey, thank you for your feedback.
    I'm not sponsored by Stiga, for now I 'm just a fan of their products. I really like the Innovations.
    I don't boost DNA Dragon Grip. I tried that with 1 and 2 layers of Booster. The feeling was ok, but I didn't like them when the play area was hot and humid 😫. It didn't brush the ball for making spin. That's why I keep them unboosted, and I put the power from the body.

The Following User Likes VictorMoraga's Post:

jammmail

says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 36 48
    says TT Content Creator

TTD Member 48 36
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwill
    Well I only encountered with only a handful different glues. Most are the same just rebranded.

There are the German made glues like the BTY Freechack 1, and almost every brand has something like that in their offering. From the shown glues the Gewo Hydrotec is also one of them, but also Andro Turbo Fix, Joola X-glue, Donic Vario and the list goes on and on. They all have the same bottle too across brands so very easy to spot them. I personally don't like this glue since it's crappy to remove it from the sponge and it usually damages weaker sponges. The only difference across the brands is the viscosity of the glue, some are thinner some are thicker.

There are the Revolution no3 types of glues, like the above mentioned Xiom Energy glue. I can't confirm this but the Lidu and Dianchi glues are pretty similar too if not the same. They smell the same and act the same. This glue is pretty good, if you have 3 good layers you can remove it in one go without damaging the sponge. The Lidu and Dianchi stuff is very thin if you are into that. Biggest problem with these is that they smell super bad. I haven't had a chance to try the odorless version.

There is the Nittaku Finezip wich was a pretty popular glue. I had one tub at a point but it was named Stiga Attach power glue, and it's the same stuff again just rebranded. It is a good glue but my biggest problem with it was that it spoiled rather quickly. And it's pretty expensive too.

DHS No 15 is again a different glue and I haven't seen it re-branded yet. I like it since it's cheap and easy to remove like the Revolution just it doesn't have any bad smell. As every glue this one also has some negative aspect, it's a bit "heavyweight".

I don't know about the mentioned Stiga Bond glue, I kind of doubt Stiga developed a glue and looking at the bottle it seems like it's a Revolution bottle so I suppose I solved a mystery for myself.

I have never seen the Yasaka Norisuke-san nor Freechack 2 or the Falco glue so I can't comment if those are different or the same as already mentioned glues.

I suppose once you start stacking layers the glue can change the feeling of the paddle but probably 2 rather thin layers don't matter much. One thing I noticed is that once you remove German glue from a sponge it's not so bouncy as like a DHS or Revolution glue. From DHS and Revo you can make a bouncy ball while the German glue is more like gelatin.
    Wow nice comment. Interesting to know your experience.
    Thank you for sharing it 👊