Help: Need recommendation for new equipment

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Is Colestt.com reliable? I can see they do paypal payments. And also for the topsheets tab, is it just the top sheet itself or does it come with the sponge?

Yes, Cole is reliable and a lot more than that. I have dealt with Cole for YEARS. If you are USA based, or like I was back then, military with APO address, Cole sent flat rate shipping Cheap. He did Soldiers right, I would get stuff 2 days when in USA and 10 days in a combat zone.

The topsheets tab is where you select a topsheet and a sponge on the sponge tab, then you email Cole how you want it. Cole will custom build a topspheet and sponge. For years, my go to was 999 topsheet on a Dawei Quattro sponge... simply a middle of the road control rubber unit. The air red sponge on 999 will cost you under $20 for a rubber you never would believe.

I already gave a simple recommendation of a vibraty OFF- blade (W6) and some softish control oriented rubbers (Venus III Soft). Built and shipped, that bat costs less than a sheet of tenergy and leaves several nights budget for pizza and beer or bratwurst and sauerkraut.

Gesundheit.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tabletennis11 is great if you are looking for older rubbers (like say Aurus) or some popular rubbers that have been out a few years (like MX-P) or uniforms... they get some batches of older, but still good looking uniforms. I have used these to make lettered jerseys with our city on front and player name on back... all on the cheep, so when they go to tourneys out of state, people know who they represent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
If you like the H3, coaches here in China tend to recommend the Donic Ovtcharov V1 (7 play wood)
with 39 degree commercial H3 and Xiom Vega Asia.
IMO it’s a great comp

Are You 100% sure about that ?
The H3 is old version or Neo ?

I want to upgrade my setup and I try to collect as much information as possible on how coaches in China equip their players. Thank you

This user has no status.

Are You 100% sure about that ?
The H3 is old version or Neo ?

I want to upgrade my setup and I try to collect as much information as possible on how coaches in China equip their players. Thank you

This setup is by one of the coaches I know. Different coaches different recommendations. It is intended as a beginners setup, but some players of quite high level still uses this set because they are used to it. Low requirements, high top end.
The H3 is what ever, 39-40 neo or non neo. BH can be VA, VE, VP…
the setup is soft, and feels good in topspin, but lacks speed if you are completely speed oriented.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Cole is great and very responsive to email questions. Can't go wrong with the Yinhe W6 and Air rubbers. I like the Tiger S 43 most of the air rubbers but one of my first setups was W6 with Illumina on both sides. The air rubbers aren't super bouncy or fast but you can generate plenty of spin and they don't kill the feel of the blade.

Table Tennis Only is another option similar to Coles.