LP & MP rubbers

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi Everyone,

I’m looking for a good Long pimple and medium pimple rubber to use for basic coaching / training purposes for use v inverted players.
We don’t have any coaches that use LP or MP and none of the players we coach use pimples either.
For this reason, the rubbers will need to be user friendly to a certain extent. By this, I mean that any coach may use the LP & MP set up for use in some basic training routines so that the players being coached can gain some experience of the effects that LP and MP have.

LP criteria, - some sponge, not OX, good for blocking, pushing and possibly chopping ( I am ok at chopping, but I have never seen the other coaches chop!!)
- good level of ‘effect’ ball wobble, and good ability to send the spin back to the opponent. ( some call this ‘spin reversal’ but really it’s sending the ball back with the same spin but opposite direction of travel!! )
MP criteria - some sponge, but not max, some spin capability, some ‘effect’ some ‘spin reversal’. Good for blocking / pushing. Allows the use of a more ‘standard’ stroke, such as a topspin stroke.

on a whim during lockdown I briefly tried Nittaku Pimplemini, which I believe is MP rubber, I was able to use my ‘normal’ topspin strokes BH and FH with some minor adjustments, however, how this rubbers characteristics present to an opponent isn’t known to me because I only ever played v a robot and don’t have any feedback to work with!!!

Blades will be
-Stiga Def Pro with the MP and a standard type inverted rubber.
- Dingo Swiss carbon Yin Yan ( fast and slow sides) LP on the slow, standard inverted on fast.

I understand that LP and MP need different stroke requirements for , let’s say more advanced play, but to start off, we think that the most used strokes will be blocking and pushing, perhaps late, as the coaches get more experienced using the set ups we will want to learn the more advanced strokes!!!

any help much appreciated!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I'm going to make the following LP & MP recommendations based on cost-effectiveness, ease of play (for the coach), and effectiveness...

Long Pips (Most of these are available in OX, as well as various Sponge thicknesses)
  1. Dawei 388D-1
  2. Dawei 388D
  3. Yinhe Neptune

If you want something more expensive, then Tibhar Grass D.tecs.. It's also one of the most effective, and commonly used Long Pips

Medium Pips (Available in OX, as well as various Sponge thicknesses)
  1. Yinhe Pluto
  2. Friendship 563 or 563-1
  3. Dawei 388C-1
  4. Palio WP1013
If you want something more expensive, then you could look as TSP Minitall

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Im using Victas (TSP) Curl atm and really like it - Had DHS Cloud and Fog before and its quicker and little unpredictable, but creates more 'effect', and cheap.
Yinhe Neptune has very good reviews - but I havent used it.A couple of guys at my club use Cropcircles in OX very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66